closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

MMMM

Watched the finale last night , not to bad in my opioion nice touch with Eugene wrecking the guns , just a couple of things though !,
    when they looked across the fields and something big was coming could anyone see what it was !, was it a big herd in the distance?
    and how did mild mannered peace loving hippie type Jesus, side with the others about having to deal with Rick because he kept Neagan alive ?
    and while i am on a roll why was Dwight banished when surely he helped them from the inside ?
    apart from that all good

Cheers

Wayne

All I can say is “just bloody kill him”

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    All I can say is “just bloody kill him”
    Exactly! And soppy Rick ta boot. I don't like the characters anymore.... even Darren has gone all soft and wimpy. The whole story has just run out of steam for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Exactly! And soppy Rick ta boot. I don't like the characters anymore.... even Darren has gone all soft and wimpy. The whole story has just run out of steam for me.
    Yeah, it's like it's died but staggers on...

Heh, perhaps this is a clever spinoff 'Watch The Walking Dead' ?

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    NEW SEASON UPDATE...

Did anyone bother with Season 9 last night?

It is no secret that in the next half-dozen episodes we are going to lose both Rick and Maggie - it hasn't been confirmed how (I am sort of hoping for an open ended exit) but it's definitely happening.
    Those two are absolutely pivotal characters in the comics, so the TV show with have very little in common with them from here on out.

I have to confess, I am feeling less and less excited about it now they have stepped so far away from the comics, but it ended up being a superb episode.

There has been an 18 month time-skip to get to where we are in Season 9, and there are hints of a further skip forward potentially up to 5 years. Could that freshen things up? It felt a bit better last night now they have addressed the unlimited supply of fuel and seemingly endless supply of ammo for their weapons. This is what the apocalypse is about.

Certainly an interesting shake up, seemed almost like a different show IMO.

Michonne to catch Rick tubbing Maggie and slotting the both of 'em!

And rather bittersweet timing the new baby's named Herschel, as the actor Scott Wilson died a few days ago.

I saw a preview were the zombies were talking to each other, which I passed off as me only half watching the advert and it must have been a mistake. Then the new season is called "the whisperers" I hope I am wrong and they don't go down the talking zombie line.

It will be a strange show without rick and Maggie, think it will lose some of the small appeal it still has

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I saw a preview were the zombies were talking to each other, which I passed off as me only half watching the advert and it must have been a mistake. Then the new season is called "the whisperers" I hope I am wrong and they don't go down the talking zombie line.

It will be a strange show without rick and Maggie, think it will lose some of the small appeal it still has

Nope, you're half right. The Whisperers are the new big baddie.

A large colony of (pretty backward) survivors who get through the zombie apocalypse by wearing the skin of "walkers", thus not being targeted by them.
    They shuffle along and often murmur or whisper to each other.

Savage bunch, there will be a good few characters leaving the show due to this lot.

The ad with talking zombies is for the new season of 'z nation', was a bit confused myself for a minute

Chopper again looking for govt scout Jadis

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Chopper again looking for govt scout Jadis

Definitely smells that way!

At least last night we worked out how Maggie is leaving - it's gonna be an open ended exit going off with that Georgie (definitely a Commonwealth leader) to learn more about rebuilding a community.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    First episode was good, with the raid on the museum but the second not so.

Rick telling Negan he’ll never see the “new world”, then why keep him alive by wasting food on him?

I still can’t get this “keep Negan alive” nonsense after he smashed Glenn’s head in. After all, Glenn was Ricks saviour in the first couple of episodes and his best friend so he’d have surrendered to his base instinct of revenge by now. And on top of that he threatened to kill the Saviour who had pushed the kid over on the bridge and fought Daryl? You’d kill him but let the guy who’s killed half your “tribe” live?

I’ve started watching the sister series “Fear the walking dead” and I prefer that. There’s a real sense of dread and doom (like the first couple of series of the original)

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    First episode was good, with the raid on the museum but the second not so.

Rick telling Negan he’ll never see the “new world”, then why keep him alive by wasting food on him?

I still can’t get this “keep Negan alive” nonsense after he smashed Glenn’s head in. After all, Glenn was Ricks saviour in the first couple of episodes and his best friend so he’d have surrendered to his base instinct of revenge by now. And on top of that he threatened to kill the Saviour who had pushed the kid over on the bridge and fought Daryl? You’d kill him but let the guy who’s killed half your “tribe” live?

I’ve started watching the sister series “Fear the walking dead” and I prefer that. There’s a real sense of dread and doom (like the first couple of series of the original)
    Yea I also enjoy Fear the Walking dead. Struggling with TWD to be honest, the whole Negan thing does not work for me. Whats happened to Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Yea I also enjoy Fear the Walking dead. Struggling with TWD to be honest, the whole Negan thing does not work for me. Whats happened to Morgan?
    what channel is Fear the Walking dead on? I looked yesterday on Sky and Netflix and could not find anything.

Morgan said he had to leave at the end of the last season to find himself after killing loads of people and going a little mental

Craftsman
    what channel is Fear the Walking dead on? I looked yesterday on Sky and Netflix and could not find anything.

Morgan said he had to leave at the end of the last season to find himself after killing loads of people and going a little mental
    Morgan walked west to find himself, until he bumped into Fear The Walking Dead where he's been for a few seasons. And at the end of last season he was about to assemble a group to head back to Alexandria but I think they changed plans.

Over here its on AMC but it should find its way to Netflix.

Master
    Both are on Amazon Prime in the UK

what channel is Fear the Walking dead on

E4 showed it here, might still be on all 4

Okay so I called the Jadis backstory wrong

Let's see if I get this right... Mags to shiv Prick during an argument over Megan, then her clopping off in shame/exiled.

Christ on a bicycle!

^ ha ha took me a minute

Master
    What a cop out after all that build up. *sigh*

I get why the did not kill him off for future episodes if he wants to come back. Also the big jump forward in time could give the show some life again, bring in new characters etc.

He's back for a spin off film isn't he?
    To be honest I stopped watching a few seasons agobas there is only so many times they can retell the same story with an even worse bad guy and more zombies.
    I mean a couple of years in with that climate they would all be rotated away by now shirly and just chomping heads on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post
    To be honest I stopped watching a few seasons agobas there is only so many times they can retell the same story with an even worse bad guy and more zombies.
    That’s a shame; I found the last few seasons with Negan and The Saviours the most enjoyable.

Lost me with the Negan plot, too, so he was certainly a diversive plot development.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Good episode last night, best for some time. Man that guy is indestructible. So are we in the future from now on? Err Walking dead future?

finally admitted defeat and binned it. should have done it a long time ago but kept hoping it would pick up, futile at best.
    the writing is shockingly bad and the nonsense speeches from every bugger and his dog are too irritating to take.
    shame, the first few seasons were fun. it seems to have gone the way of most tv these days, character development, strong female leads and weak (cuck, I believe is the term) men.
    the 6 yr old with the hand cannon was the last straw for me.

Oh dear, a jump too far IMO. Boring boring boring.

My single enjoyment was the second coming of Father “Fanny Magnet” Gabriel

Terrible episode this week, god its even worse without Rick! How many years have past? And Darren's still looking for him?

Master
    It was a boring one, and the show afterwards (Talking Dead), which dissects the weeks episode and usually gives a bit of a tease into what's to come, was slapping Michael Cudlitz (formerly Abraham) on the back for a job well done on his directoral debut!!!

Mid season finale next week. Someone better die by the hands of The Whisperers or I'll be really pissed off.

the episode before the mid season break is always slow. The preview for next week looked much better.

Craftsman
    Really enjoyed tonight’s episode which I downloaded this morning, looking forward to the next one!

Master
    Wow... that one actually shocked me a bit.
    Good episode guys, can't wait for the rest of the season in Feb.

It went all Little House on the Prairie and then whammo here we go ha ha

It was a good episode, bringing the whispers into the fold. I thought something was up with the slow motion fighting then bam, one dead main star. I know they are trying to add drama but wish they would explain why Maggie left and what Mischonne did to the other groups that was so bad.

Some bits still bug me, when they got stuck by the gate why not just jump the wall it was only 5-6 feet, those 2 could easily throw Eugene over the top if its life and death. Also when they did get the gate open why stay and fight just get the hell out of there. Also how did the second rescue party find them, not to mention the new members turning up with their weapons that have been confiscated. But that's just being picky.

I know they are trying to add drama but wish they would explain why Maggie left and what Mischonne did to the other groups that was so bad.
    No doubt it'll be dragged out over an episode or two via flashback. Any guesses to what the obviously related Xs are on Michonne and Daryl's backs? Looks like a brand to me but makes no sense!

BTW I really REALLY hate Carol's hair

Always found this series compelling, the early season episodes were definitely best but thought this latest series was excellent, can’t wait until it resumes early next year.....

Master
    I enjoy the walking dead but one thing that bugs me is that they never have to deal with an old member of the community dying and then turning in the night, which would happen if it were reality.

Master
    Good mid season finale with enough to keep me occupied without reaching for my phone. The more characters they kill off I am invested in the less I enjoy the show though. Not sure if I will stick out this season. They kill one group and then just have to fight another and another and another. Also, as mentioned above not knowing what has happened to the 3 places is sooooo frustrating!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Good mid season finale with enough to keep me occupied without reaching for my phone. The more characters they kill off I am invested in the less I enjoy the show though. Not sure if I will stick out this season. They kill one group and then just have to fight another and another and another. Also, as mentioned above not knowing what has happened to the 3 places is sooooo frustrating!

Both writer and show-runner have said that we'll find out. It has been hinted at that it's a pretty sad and quite gruesome story - both the matching "X" scars on Michonne and Daryl I was thinking organ harvesting, but surely not in the apocalypse??

This is the last group of generic baddies for now... We had The Governor, the Terminus cannibals, The Wolves, The Saviours plus loads of little not-quite-good, not-quite-bad groups in between (the loonies at the hospital etc). The Whisperers are the last for a good while, they show how far mankind has sunk in the apocalypse and I think we'll be waving bye-bye to quite a few more characters in the second half of the series.

I've not regularly watched TWD for some series now, but watched the latest episode, partly due to the enthusiasm here and on PH.

Yes, it was better than most I've seen in the last 2 or 3 years, but the latest character's demise really showed just how little the characters of recent seasons have failed to engage me.

There just seem to be so many people spread across a number of different settlements who only very rarely interact with each other now, that it's hard to remember who they are, let alone get invested enough in them to care if they live or die.

Sure, I get that a dozen people in a camper van and a couple of cars wasn't going to be the future of humanity, but back in those days the death of a character was visceral, gut-wrenching experience. Now it's doesn't even evoke a shrug...

As for Negan - There's no logic in not having killed him when the chance arose (numerous times over)...

M

Master
    Who's still watching Season 9 part 2?

I have to admit it's feeling a bit tired now, especially without Rick. As much as I like them, I'm not thrilled with Michonne and Daryl moping about looking miserable.

For anyone interested, title and (very brief) synopsis of the upcoming episodes has been leaked online... .

Episode 11 'Bounty': "The Savage group led by Alpha confronts the Hilltop in a harrowing attempt to retrieve her daughter; a supply run for the Kingdom turns into a dangerous quest."

Episode 12 'Guardians': "While one community struggles to ease tensions that threaten to divide from within, the true nature of another group comes into focus; a mission to rescue a friend has deadly consequences."

Episode 13 'Chokepoint': "Daryl's daring rescue mission forces Alpha to unleash a group of her own to retrieve what belongs to her, even if the price is paid in blood; the Kingdom's plans to reunite the communities are put in jeopardy."

Episode 14 'Scars': "An outsider's arrival forces Alexandria to rehash devastating old wounds; eye-opening secrets from the past are revealed."

Episode 15 'The Calm Before': "The fair at the Kingdom is under way, with all four communities coming together in celebration for the first time in years; while some pacts are renewed, other deals will come at a much steeper price."

Episode 16 'The Storm': "In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard; as one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision."

For fans of the comics, episode 15 looks like the key "Whisperers" moment with episode 16 picking up the pieces. Any suggestions on who? Michonne perhaps, since she's scheduled to leave the show in season 10. King Ezekiel would follow the comics.
    I'm not sure they'll go for quite the same impact... was it 12 main characters originally??? Maybe one or two big names and a handful of un-named cast?

Anyway it looks like it'll be a good wrap to the season, and series ten has just been green-lit. How long it carries on after that remains to be seen, but I don't see it having legs to carry on for long after the Whisperer War.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 19th February 2019 at 13:20.

Craftsman
    The last teo episodes do seem to sound like the comics and I may actually watch those episodes. From the comics it seems quite brutal and be interesting to see how it plays out in the show.

Journeyman
    I’ve been enjoying this season. Bit of a step up in quality. I think fear the walking dead still has the edge.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    I’ve been enjoying this season. Bit of a step up in quality. I think fear the walking dead still has the edge.
    Really? Big fan of the genre but I hate 'Fear', i cant think of one character I'm invested in.

Agree with this half of the season though - last night's episode was quite a tough one to follow - working out the reversed story that Alpha had told her child. I love that, rather than laying everything out in very simple "abc" terms (for the Americans). :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Big fan of the genre but I hate 'Fear', i cant think of one character I'm invested in.

Agree with this half of the season though - last night's episode was quite a tough one to follow - working out the reversed story that Alpha had told her child. I love that, rather than laying everything out in very simple "abc" terms (for the Americans). :) :)

Agree a much better show IMHO

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Definitely fragmented and diluted now with few standout characters, just the same old flashbacks and dicking around treading water. Some really weak acting IMO esp. the younger cast, JDM saves it as Negan

Will see these few out but doubt I'll be excited for Season 10.

The first episode after the mid season break was ok. Did not really enjoy this weeks, very slow pace with not much really happening. Hopefully some action ramps up soon.

Anyone still watching? The last two episodes have been fur king dire!