closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Back again with season 5 tonight ladies and gents!

9pm, FX (or is it back to Fox? - whatever they are calling it this week...)

Anyhoo, it looks bloody great. The writers have as good as told the fans that the 'Terminus' bunch are from the novels but going under different names. Possibly The Hunters (a cannibal group) who's leader is a bit of a loony - will be worth a watch anyway!!
    Fecking epic episode.

EPIC.

Rob.

Ooohh thanks for the heads up kevkojak, looking forward to this!

Watched it this morning.... 10/10 was not disappointed.

Yep enjoyed that episode, ta!

Craftsman
    Terminus episode was epic. Complete with blood and guts disguise and lots of horrible biting. LOL. Though having read the comics, the fat biker guy in the final scene looked familiar. I wonder if he has a bat.....

M

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by morgandk View Post
    Terminus episode was epic. Complete with blood and guts disguise and lots of horrible biting. LOL. Though having read the comics, the fat biker guy in the final scene looked familiar. I wonder if he has a bat.....

M

I was wondering the same thing! That was a flashback scene, but wouldn't be surprised if Glenn ends up upsetting him...

There was apparently an after-credits scene where an old face reappears... the copy I downloaded didn't have it ;(

EDIT;

Here is the scene for anyone else who missed it. Goes without saying really, but this is a major spoiler;

Last edited by Cirrus; 14th October 2014 at 12:11.

Mega.

Well, it could've done with more Maggie, but other than that MEGA!

Craftsman
    Lets hope so ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    There was apparently an after-credits scene where an old face reappears... the copy I downloaded didn't have it ;(

EDIT;

Here is the scene for anyone else who missed it. Goes without saying really, but this is a major spoiler;

I saw this clip but still don't know who he was/is

He's Morgan, the chap who (with his son) helped Rick in the very first episode in his home town and then we saw him again in season 3 after his son had died still living in that town and gone a bit loopy IIRC?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    He's Morgan, the chap who (with his son) helped Rick in the very first episode in his home town and then we saw him again in season 3 after his son had died still living in that town and gone a bit loopy IIRC?!
    Yup.

I am not sure about the symbol on the tree though... it looked like Morgan passed through a while after Rick et al did (given the sign Rick defaced was covered in vines by then) so I guess it might have been left by someone who was tracking the group and who Morgan is now tracking? Intriguing ;)

Craftsman
    I agree. Its Morgan.

Season 5 will be friggin awesome!

M

Yup. Excellent episode :) Can't wait til next week!

Master
    Stunning episode, LOVE this show!!

That was one hell of a first episode. Up there with some of the best. Another 15 to go and can't wait!

TWD has been very inconsistant IMO - particularly the previous series, which I suppose was meant to be character development, but ended up being pretty dull - but it seems to be right back on form now. Cracking episode, and hopefully they're going to move the main story on.

I am not sure about the symbol on the tree though... it looked like Morgan passed through a while after Rick et al did (given the sign Rick defaced was covered in vines by then) so I guess it might have been left by someone who was tracking the group and who Morgan is now tracking? Intriguing ;)
    Apparently the cross matches markings Rick saw on Morgan's wall map the second time we saw him (houses that'd he cleared or something), maybe a coincidence but going by the tight writing probably suggests it's Rick leaving them.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    .. maybe a coincidence but going by the tight writing probably suggests it's Rick leaving them.
    Don't think so - the markings on the tree are fresh and you can see from the vine growth over the sign that some time passes between rick defacing the sign and Morgan stumbling upon it.

The writers do love their carry-over plot points though - did you notice that the blond fella getting slashed in the trough first was the bloke that rick gave his watch to in the last series? And the bloke on the slab getting sawn up was the fella who rick held as a human shield in the last episode of last series (the terminus leader's brother I believe)?

It provides lots of talking points to get you through the week if nothing else :)

^^^

Ah good eyes! Didn't spot those two but did read about them, tells me I like a show if I do background searches on the IMDB discussion boards!

Apparently the cross matches markings Rick saw on Morgan's wall map the second time we saw him (houses that'd he cleared or something), maybe a coincidence but going by the tight writing probably suggests it's Rick leaving them.
    I don't remember the map - never mind the symbols on it!

I guess it could be Rick leaving them - presumably in the hope Morgan is following them, but we haven't seen them before and no-one has mentioned or questioned it so I still think it is someone - presumably a scout from Terminus - tracking the group and leaving trail marks for a larger group following on behind. I am thinking it will be Terminus folk because Rick wanted to go back and kill them all but was distracted and it never happened ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Don't think so - the markings on the tree are fresh and you can see from the vine growth over the sign that some time passes between rick defacing the sign and Morgan stumbling upon it.

The writers do love their carry-over plot points though - did you notice that the blond fella getting slashed in the trough first was the bloke that rick gave his watch to in the last series? And the bloke on the slab getting sawn up was the fella who rick held as a human shield in the last episode of last series (the terminus leader's brother I believe)?

It provides lots of talking points to get you through the week if nothing else :)
    I hadn't twigged it was the same bloke until Carol reacted to the watch - then (after a bit of pondering) realized it would have to be for her to do so...

Have finally had time to watch this. Absolutely fantastic episode. High on the gore factor and a corking teaser in the credits.

Master
    WoooHooo! Second half of the season starts tonight, 9PM on FoX.

I've been avoiding spoilers, but I did read that one of the writers said we should expect to see someone (or more than one someone) we never expected to see again. Assuming everyone already knows about Morgan, I'm racking my brains!

Banned
    Fairly tame first episode, not what I was expecting at all.

Damn missed it. When is it repeated?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Fairly tame first episode, not what I was expecting at all.

Same. Lots of build up and pretty dull back and forth for the sake of one decent set-piece.

That said, how good was that slow-motion sequence? Superb effects, even if it was only a 20 second clip.

I understand the characters from the past stuff now though.

Master
    Very slow one last night - a bit of a yawn fest after the last few eposides.

Still, Aaron eh? Looks like we're headed to the Alexandria Safe Zone - roll on Negan!

Master
    I honestly don't know why this show is still in my rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    I honestly don't know why this show is still in my rotation.
    I've been through that before, but it always picks up - hopefully will do so again ;)

I've been through that before, but it always picks up - hopefully will do so again ;)
    last couple of episodes have been a bit slow but I still look forward to this every week. I am also looking forward to the new spin off series.

What did my nut about this week's episode was the volume range - inaudible dialogue so you crank the volume only to wake up the kids with zombie shreaks and peals of thunder :)

Slow one again, mid-season lull though. Maggie looked hot when she woke up on the barn floor :)

Blog Entries
    Next one will be great ;)

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Next one will be great ;)
    I am looking forwàrd to discovering who the guy is who turned up at the end of this weeks episode.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^ gay character apparently. As if you couldn't tell by the pristeen appearance while every one else is a sweaty mess.

Im not as engrossed this season. It seems to be very slow.

Master
    Maggie looked hot when she woke up on the barn floor :)
    Should have seen her on the Talking Dead after! Very beautiful lady.

Master
    What did my nut about this week's episode was the volume range - inaudible dialogue so you crank the volume only to wake up the kids with zombie shreaks and peals of thunder :)

Slow one again, mid-season lull though. Maggie looked hot when she woke up on the barn floor :)

I thought that was just my telly on the way out! We had the volume double what it needs to be on the other channels and it was still only just audible.

Blog Entries
    At the end,you'll see that Rick has schizophrenia :)

As long it's not all a dream!

I saw a plot spoiler on a forum last week - seems that a secret US government lab develops a vaccine against the zombie plague, but no one will take because they heard it causes learning difficulties...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    I am looking forwàrd to discovering who the guy is who turned up at the end of this weeks episode.

Aaron; a recruiter for the Alexandria Safe Zone - a big chunk of a City, walled-in and (as the name suggests) safe from walkers - like Woodbury but on a bigger scale.

Trouble is the leader is a bit of a softie and there are a few other groups in the area - most notably the saviours - who need a firm hand to keep in line, so Rick and his gang add a bit of muscle.

How closely it will follow the comics remains to be seen, but Negan, the leader of the Saviours, is a proper nut-job a few steps beyond even The Governor.
    His weapon of choice is a barbed-wire covered baseball bat named Lucille - and one of our key characters gets very well acquainted with it. Series finale death, I suspect!

Guesses on next main character for the chop? I'll say Abraham

Journeyman
    Still upset that Beth is dead, been 2 slow episodes so far. I hope next week picks up a bit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the_soon_to_be View Post
    Still upset that Beth is dead, been 2 slow episodes so far. I hope next week picks up a bit
    The trailer at the end of last weeks show suggests that it will kick off in the next episode.

Guesses on next main character for the chop? I'll say Abraham
    Yeah I reckon he has about the same life expectancy as a security man on Star Trek !

Quote Originally Posted by the_soon_to_be View Post
    The wife and I looked forward to the new season but like you said the first 2 have been rubbish. Hopefully it gets back to its best and soon

Yeah, bit disappointed so far to be fair...me and the misses both looked at each other with a wtf was that all about regarding the first episode? Hope it returns to form... Now back to the black list and waiting for house of cards ! 👍

Ep12 last night was cracking! Some really interesting character stuff going on, back on form and should be a good run-out to the finale

Looking forward to this tonight. My favourate programme until Game Of Thrones comes back on.

Master
    I can't believe it I missed the start of it. How long has it been back on and how many episodes have I missed? Im always doing this with mid season breaks, it was the same with Elementary!