closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad
    I've enjoyed this season - the only thing that consistently bugs me is how they all get sprayed with zombie blood and guts yet don't seem to catch the virus? Or maybe they do and it doesn't kick in until you're dead. That and the fact that nobody's hair grows, and some of the characters have altered drastically over the episodes. Still one of the best shows out there though. A bit better than Terra Nova!
    Only a bit better than Terra Nova? That show must have seriously picked up after episode 2, it was utter crap IMHO.

As for TWD, even the GF has got into it now, it's just a pain having to explain connections to the first series which she hasn't seen. I also suspect me doing my zombie impression before the show, after the show and everytime I have reason to get up during the show may be wearing a little thin by now :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak
    Flipping brilliant finale.

My only gripe was that no-one (apart from Andrea) ran out of ammo. Hershel must have fired that shotgun a hundred times without reloading. :lol:

Cheers for the reminder.. just waiting for it to buffer a bit :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    I've enjoyed this season - the only thing that consistently bugs me is how they all get sprayed with zombie blood and guts yet don't seem to catch the virus? Or maybe they do and it doesn't kick in until you're dead. That and the fact that nobody's hair grows, and some of the characters have altered drastically over the episodes. Still one of the best shows out there though. A bit better than Terra Nova!
    Only a bit better than Terra Nova? That show must have seriously picked up after episode 2, it was utter crap IMHO.

As for TWD, even the GF has got into it now, it's just a pain having to explain connections to the first series which she hasn't seen. I also suspect me doing my zombie impression before the show, after the show and everytime I have reason to get up during the show may be wearing a little thin by now :lol:

I've been there Phil. She put a stop to that in season 1. :lol: :lol:

I gave Terra Nova a bash as the premise seemed pretty good (Jurassic Park, Lost, Jericho and a few other influences?), but the CGI effects were just terrible. Like the stuff you get in the Saturday night garbage on the Sci Fi channel. :(

Just finished.. very good!

Loving the two pet walkers on chains.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    Just finished.. very good!

Loving the two pet walkers on chains.

They are Michonnes dead ex boyfriend and his friend - arms and lower jaws removed to make them safe apparently. :lol:
    In the comics she gets involved with a character names Tyresse, who I imagine will be replaced by Theodore 'T-Dog' in the series.

I really cannot wait for Season 3, it's sad to be so excited about a TV show, I know.

The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phil h

That was sarcasm - Terra Nova must be one of the worst series I've seen in years
    ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak

They are Michonnes dead ex boyfriend and his friend - arms and lower jaws removed to make them safe apparently. :lol:

I really cannot wait for Season 3, it's sad to be so excited about a TV show, I know.
    :lol: very good!

Im looking forward to season 3 :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Pras
    The finale was OK. The last 10mins or so sucked, could have just left it where they meet on the highway (DON'T WANT TO SPOIL TOO MUCH). But yeah the ninja character looks kick ass
    Ditto, nothing better than OK. I think they dropped a clanger tbh as last weeks episode should have been the series finale and last night's the first of the next series.

Did wonder about the two zombies on a chain with the Ninja i.e. why weren't they trying to eat her/him, regardless of their lack of limbs.

Master
    The Walking Dead is back on Friday night.
    10PM on FX channel.

About bloody time too!!!

I watched the first episode of season 3 the other night. Oh man, it's class. I might watch it again on Friday night. Your in for a treat !

I saw it Sunday night good opening for the new season.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    i couldnt wait for it to arrive here so downloaded the new episode.

AWESOME.

I watched the start of season 3 last night, I feel a bit mixed about it to be honest, not too sure about Carls development and Rick seems to be a little harsher than I remember from the comics. Saying that, I still love it, should get interesting when the governor turns up...

Quote Originally Posted by seewhatyouthink View Post
    I watched the start of season 3 last night, I feel a bit mixed about it to be honest, not too sure about Carls development and Rick seems to be a little harsher than I remember from the comics. Saying that, I still love it, should get interesting when the governor turns up...
    Agree with the bit about Carl, seems to all of a sudden be a man in a boys body (or at least he thinks so), strange to watch.

Loved the zombies on chains being used as mules to carry the bags, great improvisation!
    Andrea didn't look too good either.

Oh and I forgot, the best kill?
    The security guard was pretty gruesome, where the helmet was removed which also proceeded to take the zombies face clean off - nice.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11825035/spoilery.jpg

Major spoiler click at your own risk.

Good episode tonight. Couple of cheap scares but that is OK.

Craftsman
    Between seasons 2 & 3 I've managed to read the entire collection of graphic novels. Having finished a few days before the latest series I ended up feeling a bit flat after watching it. Like many others I had complained about the lack of pace (and zombies) in the previous series, but found Friday's episode far too rushed - accepting the bonus of loads of zombies and gore!

I hope they find a balance somewhere and get the human (character) development right, as its a key part of the comics I.e. the changes people go through in their savage new world.

Saw Episode 2 last night and was really pleased with the way the prison scenes are taking shape, looks like the series is off to a cracking start!
    Cheers
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11825035/spoilery.jpg

Major spoiler click at your own risk.
    Fekkkkkkkkkkkk! Why did I click that! If it is who I think it is!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Fekkkkkkkkkkkk! Why did I click that! If it is who I think it is!
    LOL!
    I know, I couldn't stop myself either....... :)

Not her found out it is really just a random Zombie from Season 2. Though if they follow the books.....

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 3 was great. This season really seems like it has stepped up a notch. Can't wait for Lincoln and Morrissey to puff chests.

I couldn't help myself, went and read a summary of the comic series to get an idea where this will go! Considering they've vaguely followed the story - e.g. Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics - then who knows where this will end up!

DO NOT MISS THE NEXT EPISODE. You have been warned.

Shocked by who died last night....

both....

I knew one would be happening just not then (though the how was expected). The other was a big shock.

I'm big and ugly, but crikey the scene when you-know-what happens had a lump in my throat!

Master
    Anyone know when this season 3 is being shown on UK Channel 5?

Thanks

LOL I like this

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    LOL I like this

+1!

They didn't pull any punches with last friday's episode, I was seriously drained by the end!

Quite a large leap away from the novels, looks like the series will now create its own path after following most of the larger themes from the comics.

Master
    Mid season break.

BASTARDS!

Superb little cliffhanger to leave us with though, I can't wait for February.
    Looks like they've finally introduced Tyreese, he'll end up being a big character, a bit disappointed that Morgan and Duane (the black guy and his son from the first couple of episodes of season 1) haven't surfaced though, I thought I read they were going to feature in S3.

I have been ignoring this thread

Enjoyed it, more crap looking CGI though i think on this series?

Not too long to wait!
    Last edited by minkle; 8th December 2012 at 22:58.

Still running along strongly, they could keep it going for a while! Unless they kill Daryl, that is

Master
    Right guys - this kicks off again tonight after the mid-season break. 10PM on FOX (formerly FX)

Starts right where it left off I gather, (spoiler below)

\/

\/

\/

\/

with Daryl and Merle facing off in a supposed fight to the death.

Yeah!

I have the outlaws here, they have been told to bugger off to bed before 10.. i dont fancy watching it on the smaller tv in the bedroom

Thanks. For that. Kev. Been waiting for it to start again and where am I ,stuck in a hospital ward. Grrrrrr

Master
    when does it get shown on channel 5 in the UK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    when does it get shown on channel 5 in the UK?

It'll be about 6 months before it filters through I reckon.
    The good thing is that terrestrial viewers will get the whole series uninterrupted without the silly mid-season break!

It was an OK episode. The Black & White version that started showing last night here in the States looked great very moody.

Thanks for the heads up, watching it now on fox+1.
    Cheers.

Master
    Two episodes left - it's shaping up to be a great series!

Slightly off topic, I have a friend who works in Forbidden Planet and reserved for me the 4 collectable figures from the first season of this. Before they came out I decided I couldn't really justify £60 on toys for my desk at work (sealed, though, of course!) so told him not to bother tucking them aside.
    They are now pulling £100 EACH on e.bay. Story of my life...

Just reserved a few of the season 2 ones and the full set of 5 from season 3!

Only one left here in the US.

Season finale was on last night. Good episode. Now the long wait till October.

Craftsman
    The season was about 6 episodes too long so much filler. Nice to see that young Carl is shaping up to be a total hard nut.

Not as good an ending as Season 2, but not bad. Was surprised when Rick woke up in bed with the Guv !!!

(still can't believe they've retained the wooden kid, by Jeesus he cannot act)

Just watched the season finale. Strange ending, had the feeling that it won't return for season four?

Season 4 will be back in October (USA)

Yeah I just googled it. Funny ending though, I expected more main characters to die

Master
    Back again with season 5 tonight ladies and gents!

9pm, FX (or is it back to Fox? - whatever they are calling it this week...)

Anyhoo, it looks bloody great. The writers have as good as told the fans that the 'Terminus' bunch are from the novels but going under different names. Possibly The Hunters (a cannibal group) who's leader is a bit of a loony - will be worth a watch anyway!!