closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Hybrid View

Master

The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Anyone else here watch this?
    I read a couple of the graphic novels (yes, comic books with a hard back...) and have managed to watch the show from day one and it's just superb.

Last nights was a real shocker.

No spoilers in case anyone has it sky plused, but jesus, I wasn't expecting that!

One episode to go. God knows how many characters they'll kill off next week. :shock:

Re: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

I watched the start of season 3 last night, I feel a bit mixed about it to be honest, not too sure about Carls development and Rick seems to be a little harsher than I remember from the comics. Saying that, I still love it, should get interesting when the governor turns up...

Quote Originally Posted by seewhatyouthink View Post
    I watched the start of season 3 last night, I feel a bit mixed about it to be honest, not too sure about Carls development and Rick seems to be a little harsher than I remember from the comics. Saying that, I still love it, should get interesting when the governor turns up...
    Agree with the bit about Carl, seems to all of a sudden be a man in a boys body (or at least he thinks so), strange to watch.

Loved the zombies on chains being used as mules to carry the bags, great improvisation!
    Andrea didn't look too good either.

Oh and I forgot, the best kill?
    The security guard was pretty gruesome, where the helmet was removed which also proceeded to take the zombies face clean off - nice.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11825035/spoilery.jpg

Major spoiler click at your own risk.

Good episode tonight. Couple of cheap scares but that is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11825035/spoilery.jpg

Major spoiler click at your own risk.
    Fekkkkkkkkkkkk! Why did I click that! If it is who I think it is!

Craftsman
    Between seasons 2 & 3 I've managed to read the entire collection of graphic novels. Having finished a few days before the latest series I ended up feeling a bit flat after watching it. Like many others I had complained about the lack of pace (and zombies) in the previous series, but found Friday's episode far too rushed - accepting the bonus of loads of zombies and gore!

I hope they find a balance somewhere and get the human (character) development right, as its a key part of the comics I.e. the changes people go through in their savage new world.

Saw Episode 2 last night and was really pleased with the way the prison scenes are taking shape, looks like the series is off to a cracking start!
    Cheers
    Joe

Yeah I just googled it. Funny ending though, I expected more main characters to die

Master
    Back again with season 5 tonight ladies and gents!

9pm, FX (or is it back to Fox? - whatever they are calling it this week...)

Anyhoo, it looks bloody great. The writers have as good as told the fans that the 'Terminus' bunch are from the novels but going under different names. Possibly The Hunters (a cannibal group) who's leader is a bit of a loony - will be worth a watch anyway!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Back again with season 5 tonight ladies and gents!

9pm, FX (or is it back to Fox? - whatever they are calling it this week...)

Anyhoo, it looks bloody great. The writers have as good as told the fans that the 'Terminus' bunch are from the novels but going under different names. Possibly The Hunters (a cannibal group) who's leader is a bit of a loony - will be worth a watch anyway!!
    Fecking epic episode.

EPIC.

Rob.

Ooohh thanks for the heads up kevkojak, looking forward to this!

Watched it this morning.... 10/10 was not disappointed.

Banned
    We watched ep12 tonight, with 4 more episodes to go I'm not believing they will all live happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    We watched ep12 tonight, with 4 more episodes to go I'm not believing they will all live happily ever after.
    Just what we said at the end! It'll end in tears.

I have to say though, that I don't think I remember another series as inconsistant as TWD. The "character episodes" are just too self-indulgent IMO, and don't really add much to the overall story. I think they could cut a few episodes from each season, not lose much in terms of character development, and have a much better pace. (And I don't normally mind "slow-burners").

Master

Only 4 more episodes?? Jesus, it's only just started again.

I'm not seeing a big cliffhanger building up in 4 episodes - unless it'll just introduce the next baddie?

Apprentice
    I agree - im not believing that either - great series.

Master
    I can't believe it I missed the start of it. How long has it been back on and how many episodes have I missed? Im always doing this with mid season breaks, it was the same with Elementary!

Looking forward to this tonight. My favourate programme until Game Of Thrones comes back on.

Blog Entries
    Next one will be great ;)

Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Next one will be great ;)
    I am looking forwàrd to discovering who the guy is who turned up at the end of this weeks episode.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^ gay character apparently. As if you couldn't tell by the pristeen appearance while every one else is a sweaty mess.

Im not as engrossed this season. It seems to be very slow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    I am looking forwàrd to discovering who the guy is who turned up at the end of this weeks episode.

Aaron; a recruiter for the Alexandria Safe Zone - a big chunk of a City, walled-in and (as the name suggests) safe from walkers - like Woodbury but on a bigger scale.

Trouble is the leader is a bit of a softie and there are a few other groups in the area - most notably the saviours - who need a firm hand to keep in line, so Rick and his gang add a bit of muscle.

How closely it will follow the comics remains to be seen, but Negan, the leader of the Saviours, is a proper nut-job a few steps beyond even The Governor.
    His weapon of choice is a barbed-wire covered baseball bat named Lucille - and one of our key characters gets very well acquainted with it. Series finale death, I suspect!

Guesses on next main character for the chop? I'll say Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Guesses on next main character for the chop? I'll say Abraham
    Yeah I reckon he has about the same life expectancy as a security man on Star Trek !

Blog Entries
    At the end,you'll see that Rick has schizophrenia :)

As long it's not all a dream!

I saw a plot spoiler on a forum last week - seems that a secret US government lab develops a vaccine against the zombie plague, but no one will take because they heard it causes learning difficulties...

Warming up nicely. Ricks warnings on being prepared and that humans are the ones to worry about have gone unheeded. Daryll has found evidence of deadly humans marking people with the W/M in among the walkers. I wonder if
    Carl's love interest is a scout for the outsiders?

It's certainly getting interesting after a slow start. I know can't wait to the next one and see who the humans are and what Michonne is up to.

Master
    Season finale next week. Here are my predictions.

There'll be a 'trial' for Rick, outcome will be that he is going to be exiled. Before this can be enforced, the 'W gang' will attack, Rick and his gang will show these softies how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Season finale next week. Here are my predictions.

There'll be a 'trial' for Rick, outcome will be that he is going to be exiled. Before this can be enforced, the 'W gang' will attack, Rick and his gang will show these softies how it's done.
    I reckon this is about right. It's an extended finale next week. Should be very interesting. I really hope the Vicar gets eaten !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
    I reckon this is about right. It's an extended finale next week. Should be very interesting. I really hope the Vicar gets eaten !
    Father Gabriel is a real cowardly little sneak. First he barricades himself safely in his church and let's his parishioners and wife get eaten and then he says Rick and co are dangerous and shouldnt be trusted! So much for saving him. I hope he meets a nasty end too!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    It's certainly getting interesting after a slow start. I know can't wait to the next one and see who the humans are and what Michonne is up to.
    I don't think Michonne is up to anything. I reckon last night was her putting the wild woman in her to bed and becoming a human being again. Rick was going to completely alienate "his" group from the others and she stepped in as deputy sheriff and smacked him down.

Of course, in the end Rick will be proven right, something will happen soon where he shows his mettle, Michonne and the others who are falling into the idealistic frame of mind will have to lift their game. Carol never lost it and Darryl will soon get his mojo back.

Master
    I still can't weigh up this 'W' malarky, although vaguely following the comics I reckon the ones with W in their heads are the Whisperers and Carls new pal is the leaders daughter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I still can't weigh up this 'W' malarky, although vaguely following the comics I reckon the ones with W in their heads are the Whisperers and Carls new pal is the leaders daughter.
    The other group that will feature next week are "The Wolves". Why they have marked to walkers this way is anyone's guess.

Good hypothesis about Michonne, a trial and an attack. I've not read the comics so no idea about the W! It's frustrating that this seems such a short burst and then there's a long wait again for the next season.

Some of the story line was weak as already mentioned the closing of the gate and Maggie doing a circle of God when Ricks future hangs in the balance. For me the best bit was Abrahams speech when defending Rick.

Just watched and thought it was good- but the story is a tad slow! I really don't like the season cut in half and now having to wait so long until the next one. It feels that things are starting to accelerate... And then stop again.

B*llocks ending. AMC will keep this,going forever, especially now there is a spin off series starting

Journeyman
    Overall i found this season pretty boring most of the time. And the "finale" disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy View Post
    Overall i found this season pretty boring most of the time. And the "finale" disappointing.
    Yeah after all the hype before it started I must say I was a tad disappointed.

Wasn't a classic series or finale. I miss some of the old stuff - I bet if you watched season 1 now it would seem so fresh and fast-paced.

Im looking forward to the spinoff quite a lot.

The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Watch it every time and even go back to previous episodes for action
    Love it

All those packed walkers could be burned and not walked somewhere else
    Last edited by raptor; 16th October 2015 at 08:41.

Thought this weeks episode was superb... and no Rick!

Look at the flowers is awsome lady

Totally agree- already shaping up to be a good season :-). It's been properly nail biting so far.

***** SPOILER *****

He's not dead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    ***** SPOILER *****

He's not dead

No, but you are meant to think that he is. But what about the "hand" a bite or a cut?