closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Master

The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Anyone else here watch this?
    I read a couple of the graphic novels (yes, comic books with a hard back...) and have managed to watch the show from day one and it's just superb.

Last nights was a real shocker.

No spoilers in case anyone has it sky plused, but jesus, I wasn't expecting that!

One episode to go. God knows how many characters they'll kill off next week. :shock:

Blog Entries

Re: The Walking Dead

No spoilers in case anyone has it sky plused, but jesus, I wasn't expecting that!

One episode to go. God knows how many characters they'll kill off next week. :shock:[/quote]

So some main characters get killed then!!! no spoilers then :D

Yeah it's great!

I've not read the comics but understand they're not quite following them, be interesting to see what happens next :P

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169

One episode to go. God knows how many characters they'll kill off next week. :shock:
    So some main characters get killed then!!! no spoilers then :D[/quote]

No spoilers there, I was pretty tight lipped. :lol:

They seem to be on a bit of a cull though!

I love Zombie stuff but just find it soooo dull - can't be arsed with that thing with his increasingly skinny missus and daft mate....
    Tjat being said at least next looks like there might be more zombies - it's been a long wait though
    Appreciate the farmer's daughter though mmmmmMaggie

Preferred season 1, but it finally picked up. Maggie looks meh .in the series but hot in that pic.
    Maybe it's the long hair :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pras
    Preferred season 1, but it finally picked up. Maggie looks meh .in the series but hot in that pic.
    Maybe it's the long hair :D
    meh!meh! you've been in Essex too long mate :wink: :mrgreen:

Craftsman

The one thing that really annoys me about that series is that they are not armed to the teeth. If I was in that situation, I would have a shedload of automatic weapons, night vision, armoured vehicles - they would all be there for the taking - after all they are in the US.

Like the original Zombie movies I think I would encourage the group to take over and secure an enclosed shopping centre - all the resources you would ever need, fairly easy to secure and some creature comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hussey
    The one thing that really annoys me about that series is that they are not armed to the teeth. If I was in that situation, I would have a shedload of automatic weapons, night vision, armoured vehicles - they would all be there for the taking - after all they are in the US.

Like the original Zombie movies I think I would encourage the group to take over and secure an enclosed shopping centre - all the resources you would ever need, fairly easy to secure and some creature comforts.
    yeah I don't get why they don't have more guns - also if get bitten meant death I'm pretty sure you'd take to wearing a leather jacket of some description.......
    Dawn of the Dead original had the right idea 8)

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Yeah it's great!

I've not read the comics but understand they're not quite following them, be interesting to see what happens next :P
    The graphic novels are excellent and I got hooked when a friend lent me Book 1. They are now up to Book 7 and trust me, they keep upping the story. :wink:

What episode of season 2 is the UK up to? I've been watching online, about to finish episode 9 now..

I know next week's the last one, I've loved this season, I've read the comics for years, and last night's ending was top notch (no spoilers...)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Master

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    What episode of season 2 is the UK up to? I've been watching online, about to finish episode 9 now..

I'm fairly sure that last night was 12/13, so you've a few to catch up with there Mike.

Any ideas about this 'other group' anyone? (hope that wasn't a spoiler!) :lol:

Cool, i always forget about it!

Just about to hit play on number 10.. they dump the guy from the other group in this one..

Master

Yup. It picks up in and after episode 10, back to zombies and a bit of action.

Just read an interview with one of the producers - apparently no one character is safe next week, they'll kill off whoever they have to in order to fuel future story lines. My money is on Lori getting bitten and Rick having to decide on quick death/nurse until she turns. Course that's just wishful thinking - she's a rubbish character. :lol:

Anyone remember Daryls brother? The chap who cut off his hand to escape after being left on the roof of the shopping centre in season 1 never to be seen again?
    Odd's of him being leader, or at least a member of this other group?? Along with the black guy from the start of season 1! :idea:

Great TV. I don't understand the criticism that it's too talky. Like Romero at his best, the horror is the horror of the hopelessness of the situation, not the horror of zombies and gore.

I hope they get rid of the boy, he is annoying as ****

Season one was excellent, season 2 was slow at first but the action is cranking up.
    Looking forward to the season finale.
    :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pras
    I hope they get rid of the boy, he is annoying as ****

No chance, if it follows the story of the novels he's gonna grow up and be a bad mo-fo. A combination of Shane and Daryl I reckon.

Craftsman

Ok, so when can we do spoilers? I've no sympathy for anyone with a social life and who is not glued to their TV at 10:00 on a Friday ;)

Last night definitely upped the ante and was good enough for an end of season show with SOOOO much going on. That very last shot of two of them in the field was class and I did like the unanswered twist of 'what makes a zombie, a zombie?'

The bad news - only one to go. The one saving grace being the return of Game of Thrones next month :)

Yeah Daryl's bro who got chopped has got to reappear, keep expecting it :P

HATE the kid, such a bad actor!

Master

I could live with the kids acting, as long as a good gust of wind blows that bastard hat away. Please!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Redd
    Ok, so when can we do spoilers?

Title edited, spoilers within reason! :lol:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Re: The Walking Dead - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

I love the walking dead.
    I'm going to be impatient for season 3.

The spoiler for 13/13 looked mental.

I'm also in the Carl for the chop camp.. Hideous child.

I'm looking forward to the governor, he's been cast and I think will appear sooner than the comics (There's some spoilers in the link):

http://screenrant.com/david-morrissey-g ... an-156371/

If you've read the comics, you'll know what he's like...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Master

I hadn't read that they'd cast the Governor, that'll be great - a real 'baddie' along with the zombie threat.
    He's a serious piece of work in the books.

I'm bailing out on this thread now — much as I have enjoyed the series so far and love discussing it, I am utterly phobic about spoilers!

Wasn't the first season on Five?

Can i assume this one is on Sky, or did i miss the start?

Probably not, all the shows I like end on up on Sky..which i don't subscribe to..... :?

K

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

its on FX
    first season was too afaik.

Yup I'm a fellow follower and highly recommend this programme.

Quote Originally Posted by keitht
    Wasn't the first season on Five?

Can i assume this one is on Sky, or did i miss the start?

Probably not, all the shows I like end on up on Sky..which i don't subscribe to..... :?

K
    Keith, it was indeed on chan 5, i dont have sky either so watching it wherever i can online.

Craftsman

I'm also in the Carl for the chop camp.. Hideous child.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

Craftsman

!! DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS !! LOTS OF OF THEM !! DO NOT READ ON IF YOUR PLANNING ON WATCHING IT !!

!! DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS !! LOTS OF OF THEM !! DO NOT READ ON IF YOUR PLANNING ON WATCHING IT !!

Really surprised that:

• The long overdue Rick/Shane final confrontation came 'before' the final episode. Especially after Lori opened up to Shane, making me think he'd settle down and toe the line for a while. It did of course prompt the complete opposite to happen.

The twist where it appears that anyone who dies becomes a zombie, without so much as a bite or a scratch on them and bloody quickly. I'd lock an old boy like Hershal away every night in case he's ticker gave out and everyone else tbh.

That final shot of the massed ranks of walkers heading in after hearing the gun shot....... Holy shit time

And most shocking of all that Glenn didn't take up the invite to share Maggie's room!! While accepting she's a bit clingy - theres a lack of opportunities tbh

Two main characters gone it two weeks, so who dies next week?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Redd

Really surprised that:

• The long overdue Rick/Shane final confrontation came 'before' the final episode. Especially after Lori opened up to Shane, making me think he'd settle down and toe the line for a while. It did of course prompt the complete opposite to happen.

The twist where it appears that anyone who dies becomes a zombie, without so much as a bite or a scratch on them and bloody quickly. I'd lock an old boy like Hershal away every night in case he's ticker gave out and everyone else tbh.

That final shot of the massed ranks of walkers heading in after hearing the gun shot....... Holy shit time

And most shocking of all that Glenn didn't take up the invite to share Maggie's room!! While accepting she's a bit clingy - theres a lack of opportunities tbh

Two main characters gone it two weeks, so who dies next week?

Well, the producers reckon no-one is safe, but it looks like we're getting back on track with the novels if 'The Governor' is in next season! If so, Rick, Carl and Lori are safe, as are Hershel and his family, Glenn and Andrea. Those characters are essential to forwarding the story, but there are some other little stories going on like Carol and Daryl with their little slow burn romance (if it ever will be?), so I'd be surprised if they kill very many off at this point. In fact apart from T-Dog I can't see much dead weight.

REAL FUTURE SPOILERS::: Season 3 outline. You have been warned!

Course, the producers have deviated a lot from the original comic stuff so it could go any way really,
    BUT, in the comics they escape the farm and find themselves at a prison on the outskirts of town where they decide to hole-up as the fences are zombie proof. A few new characters are encountered and join the group, but the inmates are nut-jobs and rapists and Hershels lot take a loss or two. Rick sends out a scouting party to check over a local town - this is the one run by 'The Governor'. The way the TV show has twisted the original I have a feeling this is where we're introduced to this other group of survivors that have been touched on in this series. Perhaps they'll shape the story so that the Governor is the other groups leader and have taken over the town. It's been mentioned that they have heavy weaponry and in the books he invades the prison with a tank... There is a serious battle there, and a couple of staple characters are lost.

I won't say anymore, if anyone is that curious there is a WIKI page for the comics and the story so far, but I think we'll see a lot of this story in season 3 myself.

Blog Entries

As a general observation, one thing that annoys me about zombie stories is that the zombies 'survive' for weeks/months. If they are dead then they are rotting (which most zombie stories indeed show!) so, at most, they could only unlive for a few months before rotting away to harmlessness. And, furthermore, even zombies need energy to keep on functioning and, since they don't seem to eat each other, most of them would surely have 'run down' after a short while.

Have these limiting factors ever been addresses in zombie stories?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    As a general observation, one thing that annoys me about zombie stories is that the zombies 'survive' for weeks/months. If they are dead then they are rotting (which most zombie stories indeed show!) so, at most, they could only unlive for a few months before rotting away to harmlessness. And, furthermore, even zombies need energy to keep on functioning and, since they don't seem to eat each other, most of them would surely have 'run down' after a short while.

It's been brought up a couple of times. After gutting a zombie early in season 2, Daryl notes that it has been eating rats (or something) for sustinance.
    Last episode, Hershel mentions that with 50+ head of cattle, the farm has turned into a picnic for walkers and that everyone should move into the house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon

It's been brought up a couple of times. After gutting a zombie early in season 2, Daryl notes that it has been eating rats (or something) for sustinance.
    Last episode, Hershel mentions that with 50+ head of cattle, the farm has turned into a picnic for walkers and that everyone should move into the house.
    Ok, that solves the energy supply problem, although even that doesn't seen sustainable for two long.

But the rotting away issue is still there. ;-)

ANOTHER SPOILER BELOW

It was confrmed a couple days ago that Michael Rooker - Daryl's brother Merle - has signed to reappear in Season 3. Knew it!

Master

Is season 2 coming back on channel 5 does anyone know as I only have terrestrial :)

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage
    Is season 2 coming back on channel 5 does anyone know as I only have terrestrial :)
    I dont think so, it moved to FX.

You can find it online :wink:

Im now fully up to date :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage

Yes C5 have the terrestrial rights, but it won't air for a while yet, usually about a 6 month break. Course that means you'll skip the stupid three month long mid season break we all had to endure. :evil:

Season 3 kicks off in October, so us FX viewers only have to get through the summer!
    GQ - that is top news! Had to happen though, they wouldn't abandon that little gem! What about the father and son from s1e1 (Morgan and Duane)? Our fella is a little bit racist and they are black, could they be a part of his lot? Might be good to see a good/evil split in the other camp. :wink:

Season finale last night was very good for the most part. The two characters that died were the ones I expected, also thought Hirschel would be eaten. Thank god they are now rid of that POS RV. I want to know who the Ninja chick at the end was. And of course the prison is just over the ridge.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    Season finale last night was very good for the most part. The two characters that died were the ones I expected, also thought Hirschel would be eaten. Thank god they are now rid of that POS RV. I want to know who the Ninja chick at the end was. And of course the prison is just over the ridge.

Michonne!
    Awesome, she is a kick-ass character with a pile of storylines who'll be key to the next season!

How close to the comics is the story line staying?

Master

We don't get the finale until Friday, so might leave this thread until then - I suspect I know who dies but want it to be a bit of a surprise. :lol:

Craftsman

I know the TV series deviates from the comic books and expect that withdrawal symptoms mean I'll probably end up buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Walking-...2181512&sr=1-1

Customer reviews look a little off putting.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by AM94
    How close to the comics is the story line staying?

It's pretty close actually, slight variations of the same basic story with 90% of the same characters. There are a few new 'key players' yet to be introduced though.

The finale was OK. The last 10mins or so sucked, could have just left it where they meet on the highway (DON'T WANT TO SPOIL TOO MUCH). But yeah the ninja character looks kick ass

I've enjoyed this season - the only thing that consistently bugs me is how they all get sprayed with zombie blood and guts yet don't seem to catch the virus? Or maybe they do and it doesn't kick in until you're dead. That and the fact that nobody's hair grows, and some of the characters have altered drastically over the episodes. Still one of the best shows out there though. A bit better than Terra Nova!

Master

Flipping brilliant finale.

My only gripe was that no-one (apart from Andrea) ran out of ammo. Hershel must have fired that shotgun a hundred times without reloading. :lol: