closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Heuer has made me drool again... But pricey...

Master

TAG Heuer has made me drool again... But pricey...

I was just reading calibre 11 and spotted what was a dream watch, until now as its finally been announced...

The rose gold 1887 Carrera...

http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-carrera-1887-gold/

I owned a steel 1887 Carrera a while back and it was THE most accurate watch I've ever owned. It also had a fantastic feel to the chrono pushers as they have a flat edge. The date at "6" looks brilliant and it had a lot of praise from you guys when I showed you pictures on here.

However, as much as I would love one of these, the release price of 15000CHF (£10,000+ at today's rate) for the rose gold cased model is completely over the top. It's nearly as much as a bi-metal Daytona and although the TAG has more features, it's not a Rolex Daytona!

What a stunning watch though... With either the black or white dial.

Craftsman

Re: TAG Heuer has made me drool again... But pricey...

Pretty nice but price is insane

Craftsman

I agree, stunning watch. But yes, the price ....

Master

Lovely watch, stupid price! :(

If you're seriously considering it, put in calls to the TAG outlets, it's seems just the sort of thing that will turn up with a big discount soon enough.

Master

It'll be a long time before any 1887 models are in the outlets. I managed a 30% discount on my previous 1887 so I would think this would be achievable again, however, even £7k sounds like too much to me?

Master
    Afternoon all I’ve been considering a bit of rose gold and I like the look of this Carrera I’m after any feedback from anyone who may have owned this piece, yes I know it’s tag etc etc and you’ll get more for your money
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 26th November 2019 at 23:25.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Afternoon all I’ve been considering a bit of rose gold and I like the look of this Carrera and saw at Bicester with 50% off £6000 ish I’m after any feedback from anyone who may have owned this piece, yes I know it’s tag etc etc and you’ll get more for your money
    I have an 1887 in stainless steel (on bracelet) with the Silver/almost White dial - I bought it new about 8 years ago. it is a lovely (IMO), well made watch and has been faultless over all of those years as my near-daily weekday watch and still looks as good as new.

I really don't understand why people slate Tag Heuer from a quality point of view - it feels a fair bit better built & substantial than my Speedmaster Pro (not that the Speedy is bad) and way better than some of the Tudor models I have handled as an example.

If I can be of any further help, just let me know.

I love the vintage look, but I would be looking the other way, even if it was half the price...

Craftsman
    I like the rose gold, does that make me a bad person?

I'd have to agree. Even at £3500 there are many more watches I'd gravitate towards first.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I love the vintage look, but I would be looking the other way, even if it was half the price...

Master

Im still on the fence and so will start a new thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 26th November 2019 at 23:23.

Craftsman
    I should have added that the 1887 Carrera has the best pusher action of any Automatic Chronograph that I have ever handled - I also think that they - along with the crown - are some of the nicest looking with lovely proportions.

My watch had a circa £4k RRP which I then got discounted by around 45% along with a half price service from a Heuer boutique. I don't really give a toss about what my watches are 'worth' as i buy them because I like them at the time, but this thread prompted me to have a very quick look and I note there is one of mine on Watchfinder at £2500 at the moment. I am fully aware that this price is what they want & not necessarily what it will sell for, but I'm pretty comfortable with my choice after 8 years.

Unless it begins with an R (for the moment at least), which crazy person would buy a watch as an 'investment' anyway...?