closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tudor mini sub on eBay

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Blue one, seller is armyswatch. Is it a decent deal at that buy it now price?

  2. #2
    Master danmiddle2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Why don't you post a link?

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by benshep
    Blue one, seller is armyswatch. Is it a decent deal at that buy it now price?
    If it is, surely someone will "buy it now"?

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by DS3R
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep
    Blue one, seller is armyswatch. Is it a decent deal at that buy it now price?
    If it is, surely someone will "buy it now"?
    fair point

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2
    Why don't you post a link?
    not sure how on iPhone

  6. #6
    Grand Master Daddelvirks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Leiden- Netherlands
    Posts
    31,890
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by benshep
    Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2
    Why don't you post a link?
    not sure how on iPhone
    Can't be arsed then.......... :)

    Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Blue-Dial-Tudor-MINI-SUB-200m-660ft-Divers-Watch-W-Certificate-/150765272847?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item231a4f7f0f
    thanks Nick
    Daddel, that's one way of putting it I suppose!

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    287

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Tudor Mini-Subs sell on eBay Europe for prices in between 750 and 1.800 Euro, depending on condition, dial color (Bleu is more rare), model (plexi or sapphire), with/without B+P.

    The watch in the link doesn't sound like a top one, no B+P, scratches/used both watch and glass. Seller is open for any offer of usd 1.100 or more. I would say 1.100 or only a little more is a good price.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Thanks verso

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Well, despite all the good advice on this thread, having won the auction I threw caution to the wind and went ahead and paid for the goods, putting blind faith on the seller and ebay's disputes protection.

    Sad to say, predictably perhaps, I had to rely on ebay's dispute mechanism. The seller failed to respond to any communication after payment was made. Thankfully for me eBay dealt with it promptly and when the prescribed period of trying to work it out with the seller expired eBay promptly awarded me a refund.

    A sorry tale and a lesson to me. Take the advice above - don't buy from a seller with no feedback.

    On a brighter note, elsewhere I found the perfect mini sub and a face to face deal with a charming Tudor collector. That's how a deal should be done.

    Ben

  12. #12
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Abroad
    Posts
    75

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    I suppose that you mean you won some other auction from some other seller than the one linked and discussed in this thread, as that one is still for sale and the seller has good feedback? Just to clarify that the seller armyswatch shouldn't now be avoided?

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Ah sorry - wrong thread! I had another thread asking about buying from a new seller with no history.

  14. #14
    Master Henrik Gelardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denmark, cold north
    Posts
    3,248

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    I suppose that at 1.100 it might be worth a try.... Try to bid 1000 first and see if he'll bite...

  15. #15
    Master igorRIJEKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,762
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Bought few watches from her (armyswatch),one Tudor,great seller :)

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK.
    Posts
    316

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    This would always put me off.

    Item location: default, default, Hong Kong.

    Why not put the correct location in?

  17. #17
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,261
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Be aware of the fact that these smaller Tudor Subs came in different sizes. This one, however, is the only one with the 'mini sub' writing on the dial. The size of this watch is 33mm (w/o crown), hence the '73090' number, the '3' is stands for 33mm. There's a 75090 too: just a smaller version of the well known (and twice as expensive!) 79090. If your wrist is small, the 75090 is perfect! And it's a perfect modern sized lady's watch.

    IIRC, there's even a smaller size mini sub: the Lady Sub and I think it's 26mm wide.
    IIRC2: there's also 74400 mini sub, but I can not find any proper data about that watch. I'm sure another member will come up with the relevant info.

    Menno

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    565

    Tudor mini sub on eBay

    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster
    Be aware of the fact that these smaller Tudor Subs came in different sizes. This one, however, is the only one with the 'mini sub' writing on the dial. The size of this watch is 33mm (w/o crown), hence the '73090' number, the '3' is stands for 33mm. There's a 75090 too: just a smaller version of the well known (and twice as expensive!) 79090. If your wrist is small, the 75090 is perfect! And it's a perfect modern sized lady's watch.

    IIRC, there's even a smaller size mini sub: the Lady Sub and I think it's 26mm wide.
    IIRC2: there's also 74400 mini sub, but I can not find any proper data about that watch. I'm sure another member will come up with the relevant info.

    Menno
    yes the one I eventually purchased, for my wife, is the 75090 and it is perfect. Could even wear it myself. Will share a pic when I get chance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information