closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Banned

Re: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

The Tornado atomiser is really good.

I have cut down cigs by half now. Hopefully by next week, I will be completely off cigs and will be vaping full time :)

Nearly a month for me without tobacco.

Fags are still in the same place in the house untouched since I got my vaping kit.

For everyone struggling, you may need to up the nicotine level in your liquid, start high work your way down the nicotine level.

Also, every time you feel like a fag, have a good vape and you'll feel less like having a cig.

But even if you never give up tobacco altogether, every tobacco cig you DON'T have is a good thing.

Master

I smoke 10-20 a day, but I do tend to take more than the 10-12 puffs which the seller's base their estimates of the cart's life on; the high-capacity carts are supposed to contain 40 cigarettes worth-one cart was lasting me just over two days.

I have been re-filling the carts myself for two weeks now, and I'm just finishing my first bottle of juice, so it's considerably cheaper than buying the carts pre-filled. not only that, but I found the carts tailed off towards the end of their life, but when re-filling yourself there's no reason why you shouldn't re-fill halfway through-so it's always full strength.

All good stuff chaps.

Keep at it.

I've been tobacco free for nearly seven weeks now - and have zero inclination to lapse.

I just keep on vaping... :D
    So clever my foot fell off.

I've ordered both my Dad and mother-in-law an E-Lite starter kit. I've read good reviews from some heavy smokers.

Fingers crossed it won't be a waste of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo
    SCAM warning - tread carfully

I heard loads about all the different companies doing these Electronic Cigs to get peoples Credit Card details - check it out online as there's alot of dodgy dealings afoot. :shock:
    Normally offer u a free trial then rape your card for refills , the above link appears to be ok atm
    Review link although a little outofdate might help some
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews180266.html

Thanks, but I think we have done that one.

Use Halo e-cigs at smokersangel.

No probs at all.

Craftsman

Well, quick update... just over 5 weeks and no tobacco. It's been a pretty treacherous week too with those mini-crises that can tempt you back. 5 weeks is a second-best record for the amount of time I've managed without, for over 25 years. That's not bad at all, although I've got some way to go to reach the 4 years cold-turkey achieved between 2005 and 2009! Still, onwards...

Actually, I think one of the things helping this time is that I'm not denying myself cigarettes. I've told myself that if I want a smoke I can have one, and that somehow makes it easier to resist. One of the hardest things about giving up for me is the fact that if I think I'm denying myself of something that brings out the petulant brat in my brain, who will scream and scream until he gets what he wants. That doesn't happen as long as I don't start thinking "never again". Maybe I will have one at some point, maybe I won't, but right now the e-cigs are still doing the trick. :)

Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo
    SCAM warning - tread carfully

I heard loads about all the different companies doing these Electronic Cigs to get peoples Credit Card details - check it out online as there's alot of dodgy dealings afoot. :shock:
    Normally offer u a free trial then rape your card for refills , the above link appears to be ok atm
    Review link although a little outofdate might help some
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews180266.html
    Just order stuff from sites that accept Papal, this is a non-problem.

Still not tempted to go back to tobacco, that's since 7 February

A few sites I have found that are good for vaping supplies are:

Totally Wicked
    Ecig Wizard
    Jac Vapour

A good forum for Vapers:

UK Vapers

Strangely most smokers I try and convert are not interested, not curious and think it's all a bit of a joke. I may have one convert though.

I have only met one non-smoker who did not like me vaping in their presence. Most non-smokers are curious and ask questions and have no objections to me vaping indoors.

Go figure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Dad
    Still not tempted to go back to tobacco, that's since 7 February.
    Nor I, since mid afternoon 1st of February.

That's fantastic news chaps - I haven't touched tobacco for two months now - a few days before I started this thread.

But most importantly, I haven't felt the temptation to lapse at all. Not even once.

I know this is because I don't feel I have given up - I am certainly not denying myself anything. The vaping totally fills the need I have.

And most bizarrely, I now find the actual thought of lighting something up, and dealing with the ash, smell etc to be really bizarre. I can't see why I would prefer to do that over using my e-cigarette.

Craftsman

Who is still on the Halos, and those who have progressed what are you using?

I am trying to give up the fags, and I bought a couple of disposable Gamucci ones, as my local Waitrose had them on offer. During the day I use NiQuitin lozenges which get rid of the cravings, but they don't work in the pub (couple of times a week) at night as well when I really want to smoke. I used them last year as an aid, and within a couple of weeks was off them, and stayed off the fags for 3 months.

I want to properly quit the fags again, but have to accept I enjoy the physical act of smoking as much (if not more) than the nicotine. The eCig has helped in the pub, but I have always ended up having a couple of fags as well.

I am definitely going to give vaping a more concerted effort, and so am ready to invest some cash in them. I want to try the customisable route, as it will give me more to experiment with but not sure if to go for a kit, or get the bits individually.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave
    Who is still on the Halos, and those who have progressed what are you using?

I'm just using the Halos - and finding them all I need.

Grand Master

I'm going to give them another try, i've seen this one http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk ... oduct.html which has had some good reviews, but just wondering, is there an easier way, or better choice on the market?

Any hints, tips or links would be good, i've read a bit and it's a little confusing, you have 'vapers', liquids, refills, cartridges, etc, etc, not to mention a million websites on them now, with a lot of dodgy ones, any hints on the best way forward would be good?

I would say that i tried an early e-cig a year or so ago, found it quite harsh on the throat, and the taste was a little bit off, those two things put me off continuing, has much progress been done, looking at the one i linked, it's now version 3, so i'm guessing they've been taking a lot of the problems on board and hopefully fixing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    I'm going to give them another try, i've seen this one http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk ... oduct.html which has had some good reviews, but just wondering, is there an easier way, or better choice on the market?

Any hints, tips or links would be good, i've read a bit and it's a little confusing, you have 'vapers', liquids, refills, cartridges, etc, etc, not to mention a million websites on them now, with a lot of dodgy ones, any hints on the best way forward would be good?

I would say that i tried an early e-cig a year or so ago, found it quite harsh on the throat, and the taste was a little bit off, those two things put me off continuing, has much progress been done, looking at the one i linked, it's now version 3, so i'm guessing they've been taking a lot of the problems on board and hopefully fixing them?
    I can only really vouch for the Halo ones - which I have found amazing. I went from smoking cigars to e-cigs - and the experience it different of course. However, I simply like "smoking" something - anything almost - so for me I simply told myself very clearly that this was what I now "smoked". I do know that current ones are much more sophisticated than early versions.

One of the main addictions with cigarettes is not just the nicotine, but the actual taste of the specific brand you are used to. If you are used to B&H for example, and then switch to Marlboro you will initially notice a difference. A lot of the addiction is to the actual brand. I think it can be the same with e-cigs - like changing brand, but keep going for a few days and once you have got over that small hump it becomes very easy indeed.

Best of luck!

Master

I tried one of Ralphy's at a recent get together and was impressed enough to want to buy one. After an unsuccessful attempt to find something in my local highstreet, and at 3 major supermarkets I finally ordered a kit online and it was delivered today.

Interested to see how things work out.............

Grand Master

I've ordered that one in the link now, plus some prefilled things, see how it goes, if it's a little rough i'll buy the empties and get liquids to fill, through trial and error hopefully i find something.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana
    And most bizarrely, I now find the actual thought of lighting something up, and dealing with the ash, smell etc to be really bizarre. I can't see why I would prefer to do that over using my e-cigarette.
    Pretty much the same here. House smells clean. Clothes smell clean. I smell clean. Moreover, I can smell the difference.

Master

Anyone looking to step up from simple cig-alikes, try the Lavatube kit: http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/collections ... ube-vv-mod

It's available from several UK suppliers. A regulated variable voltage device, so you can get a consistent "hit", until the battery goes flat.

For the atomising device, try CE2 or CE3 "Ultimate" clearomisers: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/ ... oduct.html

Again, most UK sellers stock these. They last several weeks, and the integrated tank means you only have to fill them once or twice a day.

For juice, you can't beat RY4 as an all-day vape. There are plenty of different blends that call themselves RY4. My favourite is the Chinese juice made by Dekang.

This is pretty much what I have been using every day for the last few months, although I fit the short CE2 clearomisers in a mini-tank. The Lavatube has proven to be very reliable, and the battery lasts all day. I wash out the clearos after a week or so, and use them again.

One month today tobacco free for me. Thank you Banana - I would not have done it without your OP post. For an inveterate smoker like me that is remarkable.

The Halo did not do it by itself for me, but it got me started. I have since found (as per my earlier post) that the Halo cartomizers are actually very good and are easily refillable. They are 4081 threaded, in case any one is interested. Various adapters are available to switch between thread systems.

I have settled on an Ego battery and a few cartomizer set-ups. That gives me loads of vapour and a good 6-7 hours between battery recharges. It looks nothing like a cigarette, but delivers loads of vapour and taste. Referring to clockworks's post, I like the CE4+ the best, but that is getting into a whole new level of geekdom. I have spent far more time on vaping forums than here in the last month.

RY4 is an excellent choice for ejuice - and way better for taste (and price) than the Halo pre-filled cartomizers.

If you are a smoker, seriously, give vaping a try.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll
    One month today tobacco free for me. Thank you Banana - I would not have done it without your OP post. For an inveterate smoker like me that is remarkable.

Well, that's made my day!

:)

Well done!

Glad it did - you deserve it. I know I am not the only one, so you have a lot to be proud of.

When I get around to it, I will post some pics of the various kit I have tried.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMasters
    I smoke 10-20 a day, but I do tend to take more than the 10-12 puffs which the seller's base their estimates of the cart's life on; the high-capacity carts are supposed to contain 40 cigarettes worth-one cart was lasting me just over two days.

I have been re-filling the carts myself for two weeks now, and I'm just finishing my first bottle of juice, so it's considerably cheaper than buying the carts pre-filled. not only that, but I found the carts tailed off towards the end of their life, but when re-filling yourself there's no reason why you shouldn't re-fill halfway through-so it's always full strength.
    I've found that the pre-filled carts have a limited lifespan when re-filling them yourself; after a while they start to become a bit harsh, and taste slightly burnt.

I've also tried e-liquid from other places than the shop TFB provided the link to. Their juice is quite 'thick', thinner juice seems to produce more smoke.

Almost two months since I started with these, and I'm quite sure I won't be going back to 'real' ones.

Really liking these at the moment.

Add them to any eGo/Tornado battery.

Very simple, just unplug the top mouthpiece, soak the wadding stuff with your favourite juice and top up with a few drips during the day, keep it moist.

Stunning amount of vapour and flavour.

They last about a week then burn out.

About 3 quid each from ecigwizard.com

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/ca...artomizer.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinMasters
    Almost two months since I started with these, and I'm quite sure I won't be going back to 'real' ones.
    Ditto.

Craftsman

OK, I was going to get an eGo-T or eGo-C starter kit, but from re-reading the whole thread, and elsewhere, I think some form of dual coil system is more in line with what I am after.

Do those who have tried various kit think its worth still getting the starter kit and adding to it, or just going straight for another setup?

Currently thinking of a couple of Joye eGo-C 650mAh Batterys, with a Joye eGo USB Charger, but then not sure on the cartomizer or tank.

One opption appears to be:
    One of these tanks - http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yx ... /DCTMET-3-
    With a plinth (C) - http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yx ... ts/B70-72-
    and some spare cartomiserzs - http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yx ... -CARTO-5pk

This appears to be the same as the setup Steve's Dad has early in the thread, but just not from totalywicked.

Is that all going to work, or do I need some adapters?

Also these look very much like the new one's Steves's Dad is using which sound great, but differently branded and not clear - http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yx ... ARTO-EGO-B. Looks like they would fit straight on the battery without any adapters, though the clears have the obvious advantage of you being able to see how much juice is inside.

One of the reasons I am still thinking of the kit, is the chance to use the low capacity carts to try out lots of different flavours, before settling into the larger capacities. However if the experience is not going to be the same will it even be a fair test?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Gamingdave,

All the stuff you listed will fit any eGo battery. No adaptors needed. By the way anything that is labelled '510' will also fit eGo batteries.

If you do get the low capacity cartos, make sure they have dual coils.

I started off with a tank but now find the carto I posted a couple of posts back have more vapour and more flavour. They are great, I have a few other things but these work best (IMHO).

Cloud9 sell a similar (clear) 510 version (they fit eGo batteries) that holds 3ml of liquid - 5 for 11 quid......might get some myself.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages...DC-CARTO-3XL-C

If you get those remember, fill slowly leaving it to stand a minute between each few drips. You will know when it's full because the absorbent material will be coloured like your liquid. Avoid getting liquid down the central hole if possible.

There should be no liquid in empty space between the mouthpiece and the material, all the liquid is held in the material.

Mop any liquid that escapes from the bottom with a tissue.

As your vaping day goes on you will see the top of the material becoming dry, just add a few drips of liquid when this happens. That is a good time to check the connection between carto and battery is clean with some tissue.

It all sounds complicated but it is very simple in practice, and the difference between these and 'starter kits' is unbelievable.

Remember that these are disposable items and only last about a week before they burn out and you get a burnt taste or lack of vapour and the material has a burnt appearance.

What liquid were you thinking of getting?

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread TFB, but all this no-smoking activity is thanks to you mate! :hello1:

Craftsman

Cheers for that Steve's Dad, and cheers to clockworks for the PMs.

I'm going to order a eGo starter kit, probably the eGo-T. I'm also going to grab some of those DC clears, and some boge cartos and save the tanks that come with the starter for when I want to try out different flavours. Clockworks informs me that the Riva kit has a slightly higher voltage, and so more vapour, but that the voltage drops during use. As the one time I crack and go for real cigs is in the pub or down the snooker club, I don't want a device that gets weaker as the night goes on.

The battery's are cheap enough, so I can easily try one if I fancy it latter, and the various catros and systems are relatively cheap so I will try a few different ones out. I appreciate all the advice, but there's only so much you can get from reading, and I need to try different things out for myself to get a true understanding of what the different combos bring to the table. I can see myself getting a mini Lavatube (or similar) if it all goes well, but need something compact enough to not feel too conspicuous in the pub and out and about at first.

Going to get some RY4 to start as it seems a popular juice. Also going to grab a sample pack at some point so I can try out lots of flavours. If you've got any recommendations, then I am an (hopefully) ex Drum rollies or Embassy Number 1 smoker.

Steve's Dad, do you use one of those adapter/cover/plinths between the battery and your carts, does it add any strength or is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks to everyone who has posted in here, going down this more advance route it's a little overwhelming at first, but I think I have now found the kit for me to get going.

Cheers for that Steve's Dad, and cheers to clockworks for the PMs.

I'm going to order a eGo starter kit, probably the eGo-T. I'm also going to grab some of those DC clears, and some boge cartos and save the tanks that come with the starter for when I want to try out different flavours. Clockworks informs me that the Riva kit has a slightly higher voltage, and so more vapour, but that the voltage drops during use. As the one time I crack and go for real cigs is in the pub or down the snooker club, I don't want a device that gets weaker as the night goes on.

The battery's are cheap enough, so I can easily try one if I fancy it latter, and the various catros and systems are relatively cheap so I will try a few different ones out. I appreciate all the advice, but there's only so much you can get from reading, and I need to try different things out for myself to get a true understanding of what the different combos bring to the table. I can see myself getting a mini Lavatube (or similar) if it all goes well, but need something compact enough to not feel too conspicuous in the pub and out and about at first.

Going to get some RY4 to start as it seems a popular juice. Also going to grab a sample pack at some point so I can try out lots of flavours. If you've got any recommendations, then I am an (hopefully) ex Drum rollies or Embassy Number 1 smoker.

Steve's Dad, do you use one of those adapter/cover/plinths between the battery and your carts, does it add any strength or is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks to everyone who has posted in here, going down this more advance route it's a little overwhelming at first, but I think I have now found the kit for me to get going.
    Take a fresh battery and a spare fresh battery down the pub/snooker club. Half way through the night, change batteries.

I would love a Lavatube but I've spent enough for now.

I don't use tobacco flavour so I can't help you there, just make sure you get strong enough nicotine at first or you'll be craving fags. I started on 36mg (very high), now I'm on 24mg and I'm dropping to 18mg soon.

Plinths are merely for decoration, but they do look better. Cones add strength to a slim carto on an eGo battery. Like you say, just start buying stuff and using it, you'll soon get the hang of all the bits and pieces.

I am a newbie myself so ukvapers.com forum is the place to ask the experts.

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread TFB, but all this no-smoking activity is thanks to you mate! :hello1:
    There is no "hijack" at all! I genuinely couldn't be more pleased!

:) :) :) :) :)

Just got this in the post, a Vision eGo Clearomizer 1.6ml

It's attached to a Tornado eGo battery.

Decent amount of vapour, lots of taste from the juice, very nice.

Looks good, there is none of that absorbant material to worry about.

I will have to see how long it lasts.

This one is filled with vanilla and raspberry flavour liquid.

£5.20 each from safercigs.co.uk

I am a fan of those Vision eGo/Stardust/Microcic CE4+ mini-tanks. (they have lots of different names from different vendors). Very simple set up with one of those on a battery.

They seem to last maybe a week or two, depending on how heavily you use them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll
    They seem to last maybe a week or two...
    Hmmm...quite pricey at 5 quid a pop then, looks good though!

Craftsman

I've switched to the Stardusts/eGo Visions myself. Very pleased with them. Work great with an adapter on my Silver Bullet and Lavatube too.

Quote Originally Posted by pmdf
    I've switched to the Stardusts/eGo Visions myself. Very pleased with them. Work great with an adapter on my Silver Bullet and Lavatube too.
    They are good, no?

How long do they last for you?

What voltage do you use on your Lavatube with them?

**must resist buying more stuff....must resist buying more stuff....must resist buying more stuff**

Craftsman

After a long time considering the options, and getting advice on here, my kit now ordered :D

Gone for a Black Riva 510-T - SE Edition starter kit, some Boge 510 Cartomizers, some RY4 and a couple of drip tips. Will save the carts and atomisers from the starter kit for trying different flavours out, and jump straight into the Boge's.

Can see myself ending up with something like a Lavatube at some point, and look forward to trying out a range of bits and bobs, but for now just looking forward to this lot arriving on Saturday if I'm lucky.

Craftsman

They are good, no?

How long do they last for you?

What voltage do you use on your Lavatube with them?

**must resist buying more stuff....must resist buying more stuff....must resist buying more stuff**
    They're so convenient, especially for going out as you can take a bottle to refill them without any mess. Hard to say how long they last as I alternated between my first three. But I bought them about 3 weeks ago and only one has now been chucked as it was giving off a horrible burning taste with little vapour by the end, and cleaning wasn't helping. I probably vape on average two to three fills a day, so that averages them out at almost 21 fills each so far, with two still going.

I've just ordered 3 more. These are a different resistance. My first three are/were 2.5 - 2.9 ohms and I used them at 4.0-4.2v on the Lavatube and also with a 5v battery on the Silver Bullet. The new ones are 2.1-2.4 ohms and work fine at the same voltage on the LT or on a standard 3.7v battery on the Silver Bullet.

Master
    2.25 months without toasting any tobacco is a good run. Can't see myself changing, regardless of the the cost. It's lower than actual 'toasting' and I can smell, taste and breathe again. Seems like a good trade to me.

Just got this in the post, a Vision eGo Clearomizer 1.6ml

It's attached to a Tornado eGo battery.

Decent amount of vapour, lots of taste from the juice, very nice.

Looks good, there is none of that absorbant material to worry about.

I will have to see how long it lasts.

This one is filled with vanilla and raspberry flavour liquid.

£5.20 each from safercigs.co.uk

Sorry to bother you, but could you supply the links where you purchased this complete setup please?

I did google the parts but got very confused as to which part fits what.

I have tried an e-cig in the early days of release, but was not impressed with vapour and battery life and went back to roll-ups. Looks like they're much improved now, and feel like giving it another go.

Many thanks.

Craftsman

Kit all arrived today and so far I'm impressed. Ordered from Liberty Flights on Thursday and it came today, so considering there was no post yesterday top marks.

Filled up 2 of the boge carts (one black and one silver) and one of the tank carts that comes with the starter kit. Found a great method for filling the carts in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnxv8QOupiM

I am getting a different vapour from the 3 loadouts, with the black boge giving a great hit, but the silver not producing nearly as much flavour or hit. The riva tank possibly gives more flavour and a moister vapour, but it's a hard one to gauge, and the black boge seems to have more throat hit and a warmer sensation. I'm assuming the silver boge is just a bit of a duff and I will fill up another tomorrow.

Even with the black boge though the quality is leagues ahead of the 2 disposable e-cigs I tried (Gamucci which was OK and a Vapestick which just tasted of dry cabbage).

Just watched my first MOTD sitting indoors with a glass of Laphroig having a "smoke" in years, so overall I am very pleased.

Already looking forward to experimenting with some other carts, and definitely want to try out some other flavours including some fruity ones.

Massive thanks to TheFlyingBanana for starting the thread and clockworks and Steve's Dad for their direct input into my purchasing decisions.

Alpha4, get a eGo or Rive 510 starter kit, and you'll have 2 battery's, a charger and some atomiser/tanks to get going. You will need some juice as well, RY4 seems to be the most popular and is what I have started with. Most of the cartomisers seem to be available with 510 type connectors which both of these battery's use, and any site you are ordering should make it clear. You could get the battery's and charger separately, but you wont really save much, and I think having the atomisers and tanks with the starter kit is worth it for experimentation (and to have as backups if you find something else you prefer). You also get a cone that fits over thinner cartomisers (like the boge's) which makes the whole thing a little more streamlined. You could get everything Steve's Dad has in that pic from Liberty Flights

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4

Sorry to bother you, but could you supply the links where you purchased this complete setup please?

I did google the parts but got very confused as to which part fits what.

I have tried an e-cig in the early days of release, but was not impressed with vapour and battery life and went back to roll-ups. Looks like they're much improved now, and feel like giving it another go.

Many thanks.
    Not my post you quoted, so excuse me for butting in, but that's an eGo-C (Tornado) with a Vision eGo/Stardust containing the nicotine liquid. They fit together without any extra parts, so you just need those two items, a USB charger for the battery and the liquid.

Lots of suppliers stock them, but as an example of where I've purchased them, the eGo-C battery can be picked up from Totally Wicked (600mAh battery or the longer-lasting but bigger 1000mAh). They also sell the chargers. Or you could do as I did and buy an eGo-C USB passthrough, which comes with a USB connection and cable for charging and allows you to vape at your PC while keeping the eCig on charge. :)

The Vision eGo, which is the atomiser and container for the nicotine liquid, can be bought from UK-eliquid (when in stock) or safercigs. It's a disposable part, though it has a decent life compared to alternatives, so order more than one. All the above suppliers also sell the nicotine liquid for refills. You can also google for cheaper suppliers, but those are ones that I've used and would be happy to recommend.

The eGo-C and Vision is a great combo, so do give it a try. :) And if you still need more of a kick then combine the Vision with a Lavatube or a Silver Bullet with a 510 to eGo adapter. It's almost better than proper smoking. ;)

Whilst on the subject and in case it's useful to anyone, other retailers in addition to those linked to above that I've used and would recommend for vaping supplies are Cloud9Vaping, VapourZone, VapeEscape, EasyLiquid and EnJuice. All have been great. And the UKVapers website is indispensable - my username on there is FlyAgaric if anyone else is a member. Finally, the best juice money can buy is, in my humble opinion, Vermillion River's Kentucky Premium - gorgeous stuff. :D

Advice to Alpha4
    Thanks for answering that, better advice than I could give :)

...but what is this 5v battery you speak of? I thought 3.7v was the max.

Edited to add to Alpha4: best to get the 2.1-2.4ohm version of the eGo Vision Clearomizer when used with 3.7v batteries (which most batteries are)

They also make a 2.5-2.9ohm version which are normally for higher voltage set-ups.

Links:

Vision Clearomizer:
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Vision_Eg...3_5779009.aspx

Tornado Battery:
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....2-product.html

Charger:
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....r-product.html

e-Liquid (there are many other brands):
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....-products.html

Pass-Thru Battery:
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....2-product.html

a glass of Laphroig
    My favourite too!

Glad you got your vaping kit sorted.

It's easy to spend money on this stuff mind :)

Craftsman

Advice to Alpha4
    ...but what is this 5v battery you speak of? I thought 3.7v was the max.
    A lot of the mods are purely mechanical, passing power from any battery that fits to the atomiser connected. The Silver Bullet is an example of that, and can take 3.7v batteries and 5v batteries in 18650 shape, or smaller batteries in combination (though stacking batteries - running two batteries in series - can be dangerous and is not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing - which I don't! :)). Although these mods aren't variable voltage devices, you can alter the voltage delivered to the atomiser based on the battery used.

You can't do this with all mods, e.g. the LavaTube has electrics and functionality which expects a 3.7v battery only.

Master

5v batteries are actually stacked NiMH packs - 4 cells in series. The capacity is very low for the size, so run time is poor. VV is the way forward.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    5v batteries are actually stacked NiMH packs - 4 cells in series. The capacity is very low for the size, so run time is poor. VV is the way forward.
    The capacity is awful - I get 2-4 hours at best out of one on the SB, compared to at least a day on the 3.7v batteries. It does give a much warmer vape though, which I prefer but, as you say, the same can be achieved from a vv device without the downsides.

Have you tried the 'Kick' yet? I'm wondering if that might be a nice addition to the Silver Bullet for a bit more flexibility.

Craftsman

First night down the pub completed. Went out during the quiz at all the regular smoke breaks with my usual smoking partner and had a vape. Past few weeks with the disposable e-cigs I have always ended up having a real fag, tonight not even the slightest temptation!

To anyone who has tried the disposables in the past and not got on with them I couldn't recommend my starter setup enough.

Craftsman

First night down the pub completed. Went out during the quiz at all the regular smoke breaks with my usual smoking partner and had a vape. Past few weeks with the disposable e-cigs I have always ended up having a real fag, tonight not even the slightest temptation!

To anyone who has tried the disposables in the past and not got on with them I couldn't recommend my starter setup enough.
    Well done, and welcome to the club.. :D

The kit that's available now is a different world to the disposables and the likes of the sky cig which seem to get the most mainstream press. I'm just over 2 months in and I've had the odd moment where I've fancied a fag - purely out of habit rather than need - but still nothing compared to the pain of previous quit attempts. This is like smoking without any of the bad stuff... which is the holy grail, isn't it? Glad it's working for you too. :)

Master

Have you tried the 'Kick' yet? I'm wondering if that might be a nice addition to the Silver Bullet for a bit more flexibility.

No, I haven't tried the Kick. I guess it's a great idea if you have a favourite mod that you want to turn into a VV, and I'll probably get one eventually for my SS-GGTS. For now, the Lavatube does everything I need, at a very fair price. I haven't used my Provaris since I got the LT.