TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Re: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Dad
    Cheers TFB,

Which kit should I order then?

How long did delivery take?

Stopped for years, re-started a few months ago for reasons I don't know.

>VERY SCEPTICAL<
    I had stopped for 3.5 years, no idea why I started again. Will look into these, but ideally would like to stop it completely!

Cheers TFB,

Which kit should I order then?

How long did delivery take?

Stopped for years, re-started a few months ago for reasons I don't know.

>VERY SCEPTICAL<

I bought the £27.99 starter kit - everything you need to get going. Delivery was abut two or three days. It was more exciting that waiting for a watch! :D

Enjoy!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Ordered.

Cheers.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

ive been on skycigs
    theyre pretty good.. im on those and about 3 proper cigs a day.. which im happy with.

you can order the starter packs and refils online etc from (i think its) skycig.co.uk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana
    Ok - one week in and I haven't touched tobacco once. Not even felt the need or desire to at all. If anything, I now find the idea f actually lighting something and having it burn rather odd and unpleasant... :shock:

I have no cigars in the house, and haven't carried a lighter for a week either.

Mouth feels great, chest feels great.

Freedom tastes and vapes good.

:)
    Right! I'm going to order myself some.....

My E-Lites came today and I must say I am impressed, hopefully this is the start of my new regime

Craftsman

My Halo starter pack arrived this morning. Very impressed with the quick delivery, and the quality of the package in general is better than what I was expecting.

Not had much of a chance to form an opinion yet, as the manual recommends charging up the battery for 3-4 hours before use. However patience isn't a virtue I subscribe to, so I couldn't resist giving it a few quick puffs with the charge that was already in it. Pretty impressive! I've got a few "proper" cigs left over which will get smoked this afternoon while the battery's charging and then I'll resist the temptation to go out and buy anymore and switch to the Halo. The big test for me will be how it goes down with a cup of fresh coffee tomorrow morning, as that's my favourite smoke of the day...

Brilliant news gentlemen! Keep posting your thoughts and experiences here - hopefully this will help a few more chaps make the change.

A nice pack of more refills has just arrived from SmokerAngel for me this morning - along with the tobacco flavoured ones I've also ordered chocolate... :D

I'm going to try it now.

Chocolate is actually very nice indeed! It still contains the nicotine and back of the throat hit, but really does taste chocolatey! It's a bit like smoking/vaping hot chocolate.

It's all jolly clever stuff!

:D

Grand Master

well, on impulse after seeing one on display when i went for some baccy, i just bought one of these.
    initial try out seems good, although you have to draw a bit harder than i normally would on a ciggie.
    i'll report back in a couple of days once my tobacco supplies have run out and i'm on this exclusively.
    http://www.vapestick.co.uk/v1-disposabl ... offer.html
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman

So far I'm finding that the key to getting a decent amount of "smoke" and "feel" - with the Halo ones at least - is to take long, slow draws on it rather than puffing away hard. Seems to work much better for me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pmdf
    So far I'm finding that the key to getting a decent amount of "smoke" and "feel" - with the Halo ones at least - is to take long, slow draws on it rather than puffing away hard. Seems to work much better for me that way.
    Yes - and if you look at where the cartomiser joins the battery you will notice two tiny airholes. I find that if you cover these with your thumb and finger you are able to vary the strength of the draw. I tend to dab my finger on and off the top one a bit like a flutist, as I take a drag.

Seems to work very well.

Well my kit arrived and I have charged the first battery and have the other one on charge now, charge is by USB.

The battery is the white part of the cigarette.

The liquid and vaporiser is in the brown (tip) part of the cigarette, the two screw together.

I figure on using one tip per day and one battery charge per day.

It's amazing, it looks like a slightly larger cigarette, but the fun part is when you take a drag the end of the fag glows red and there is what appears very much like real smoke exhaled by the smoker, but it is of course just vapour. It tastes and feels just like a real fag. I figure on about 10 or 12 drags to simulate a real fag's worth of nicotine.

It does not have an on/off switch. It switches on when you take a drag and goes into standby when you stop puffing.

I have only had an experimental two drags and I am going for a full day tomorrow with just the e-cigarettes and no analog fags.

I'll keep you posted.

PS Can't wait to see peoples faces in the office when I spark up one of these bad boys and blow what looks like real smoke into the room.

Good luck to all you coming off the ciggies. I actually feel quite jealous that I stopped before these things became popular, I would have loved to try one out. :D Can anyone compare them to nicotine patches, or nicorettes?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H
    Good luck to all you coming off the ciggies. I actually feel quite jealous that I stopped before these things became popular, I would have loved to try one out. :D Can anyone compare them to nicotine patches, or nicorettes?

There is no comparison. None whatsoever.

In a good way.

Journeyman

Just ordered this http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=118 and some "Minnesota Menthol" http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=141, I'm very interested to see how well it works. Been smoking for almost 15 years and I just turned 30, it's time to stop. :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah81
    Just ordered this http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=118 and some "Minnesota Menthol" http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=141, I'm very interested to see how well it works. Been smoking for almost 15 years and I just turned 30, it's time to stop. :bounce:

Good luck!

I am now ten days in from having any tobacco and I feel great. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, and I have to say I now find vaping to be superior in ever respect!

Astonishing really!

Master

my start date for knocking my 20 marlboro a day habit is next friday.....will order a starter pack next week and see how it goes....

thanks for the heads up on this FB :D

Banned

Thanks Alex :)

Might have to give this a go.

Will read up on this a little later.

Craftsman

I'm really enjoying mine so far. It's so nice to be able to vape in places where you can't usually smoke and it's just cleaner and more convenient in general.

Typical me though, I've got a bit carried away after reading a few vaping forums - those forums are frequented by types who are as obsessed about vaping equipment as we are about our watches. I ended up ordering myself a variable voltage Lavatube mod from Liberty Flights with a selection of accessories! Should arrive tomorrow. Seen some other interesting pieces too, but am going to wait until I can prove that I'm sticking with it for a while before splashing out on anything else. I love my gadgets so this could easily become as pervasive a habit as my watch addiction if I'm not careful!

Well, been using this all day and there is very definitely something in this.

However, I find that I am not really getting enough vapour on each drag.

Research has shown that dual coil atomizers produce loads more vapour so I have ordered some of these from the same website, gone for more nicotine as well.

If that doesn't prove to be enough I will look into the incredibly complex world of vaping products from sites such as this:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/

Check out the video on the Home page of that site, there is a guy using Totally Wicked's Dual Coil Tank System which produces shed loads of vapour.

...one more thing, the battery part of these e-cigs don't last all that long, about 6 hours I estimate. Good idea to keep a spare with you.

Have you tried what I suggested about opening and closing the airholes with your finger tips?

I have found it makes plenty of vapour, but is this you?

Happy for the OP. I have never had a cigarette in my life (43 yrs) and have no intentions on trying... ever. :)

Craftsman

Research has shown that dual coil atomizers produce loads more vapour so I have ordered some of these from the same website, gone for more nicotine as well.

If that doesn't prove to be enough I will look into the incredibly complex world of vaping products from sites such as this:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/
    That's the benefit of the variable voltage mods I mentioned above - you can adjust the voltage on the fly if you want more or hotter vapor. The LavaTube I ordered seems to be one of the cheaper entry models with variable voltage, but there's some posh bits of kit, such as the ProVari, which can cost hundreds!

Have you tried what I suggested about opening and closing the airholes with your finger tips?

I have found it makes plenty of vapour, but is this you?

Cheek.

Well, I think those airholes are designed in so probably best not to block them up then!

Anyway TFB, I'm just saying like, there are options available (including from the website you recommend) and a lot of quitting smokers obviously prefer a dual coil atomizer/cartomizer and anyone reading this and thinking of ordering these products might benefit from others experience.

But whatever, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate!

I am really delighted it is helping you Steve's Dad - I am tempted to try one of those Lava sticks myself.

Can you let us all know how you get on?

ATB
    TFB

I am really delighted it is helping you Steve's Dad - I am tempted to try one of those Lava sticks myself.

Can you let us all know how you get on?

ATB
    TFB
    TFB,

I think you have me confused with pmdf, he ordered the Lavatube.

I ordered these:

Smoker's HALO High Capacity Refills (best value): These super long-lasting refills last for 400 puffs - twice as long as regular cartomisers. A dual-core atomiser also ensure a fantastic vaping experience - more vapour, and more flavour. These do not yet come in zero nicotine strength.

As pmdf said there is whole new world of gadgetry out there to explore, I almost feel sorry for non-smokers!

Anyway, expect a full report early next week dude!

Craftsman

Here's a pic of my new toy. I think I'm in love... :love10: The amount of vapour and the "throat-hit" is a different world.

I bought the separate parts individually rather than in a kit, so I was hoping they'd all fit together - thankfully they do, although I've since read that I'd be better off with higher resistance carts in this device. I'm using a LavaTube with Boge 510 2ohm cartomizers, huge 18650 1600mAh battery, a steel drip tip and XO menthol mist e-liquid. Need to charge up the batteries properly now and then will be playing about with voltages to see what kind of difference that makes.

Wonder if they really work

Quote Originally Posted by pezavez
    Wonder if they really work

Well.... if you read the thread you might be able to form an opinion....

Master

I usually have 2-3 smokes after work haven't bothered since using one of these for the past two weeks so yes they work.

Well, the second day went well, I am getting the hang of it better.

Long slow drags are best and I noticed the first drag was best so I leave a 30 second pause between drags.

I'm definitely getting better at it and using less analog fags now, I feel very confident I will be able to cut them out altogether soon.

I'm really looking forward to getting my dual-core atomisers soon.

It is a bit strange trying to time each fag, so I give each one about 10 minutes.

People at work very curious.

Phew! This is all getting a bit hi-tech for me!!!!

But seriously, if these electronic ciggies help anyone to pack in the real thing then it’s got to be a good thing.

Well done, TFB. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

dunno if this has been posted in this now very long thread but these are some of the best:

http://v-cig.com/v6.htm

plenty of info on youtube about em

I have had a very stressfull week at work so have been on the real McCoy ciggies, but now my weekend is here I am going to start on the E-Lite ciggie and see if its as good as the real thing...............in the morning

Craftsman

Well, I'm probably in danger of posting too much on this thread and annoying everyone with my newfound enthusiasm, but these really are as good as the real thing. Big thanks to TBF for starting this thread and introducing me.

For me, what makes it great is that I don't actually want to give up nicotine at the moment. I don't see these e-cigs as a cure for my nicotine addiction, rather a healthier alternative to smoking tobacco. A better alternative even, as you get all the pleasure without the nastiness of tar, foul smells, having to stand outside in the freezing cold to enjoy a fix etc. And they taste far better.

I've been a 20-a-day smoker for 25 years, bar a 4 year break when I gave up cold turkey a few years back. I've tried every nicotine replacement therapy possible on innumerable quit attempts, and only find they prolong the agony of quitting. If I want to quit nicotine then cold turkey is the only way that can work for me. However I've always enjoyed smoking and the concept of a safer alternative than a traditional cigarette is somewhat of a holy grail. Yes I know these things haven't undergone rigorous scientific testing and we may find out one day that there's this or that wrong with them. But as smokers we don't have much to lose, and all the circumstantial evidence to date suggests that this is many times healthier than a traditional fag. Nicotine is still a poison of course... yep we know that. It's not healthy. Let's consider that a given.

I haven't given up smoking, but in a week of using the e-cig I've smoked 2 or 3 cigarettes each day. These are mostly in the morning when I like a big kick with my fresh coffee. Tonight, I've just got back from an evening out and followed my usual routine of going out into the back garden to have a smoke, and I actually put it out halfway through as I just wanted to come back in and have a vape. That's unbelievable considering my cynicism to these things a week or so ago, before I gave them a go. I'm smoking cigarettes because I still have them around - I'm not planning on buying anymore.

Even by the most cynical appraisal, if you smoke cigarettes then you can only do yourself a favour by switching to vapour. And when you find out that - assuming all products are as good as the Halo and the LavaTube which are all I've got to go on - they actually work and are more enjoyable than fags, then you might understand the fervour. And no, I'm not on commission... :)

Grand Master

i just tried to tap the ash off mine....
    i'm still smoking, but have been using the vapestick occasionally, i'm intending to leave the fags at home tomorrow when i go to work....
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Has anyone tried using these in a public indoor place yet? I’m thinking pub, restaurant, train, etc.

I’d love to try one on my next flight, purely for the reaction.....

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by pmdf
    Well, I'm probably in danger of posting too much on this thread and annoying everyone with my newfound enthusiasm....
    Please keep posting, it is a forum after all.

I intend to update frequently with progress reports and evaluation of new vaping kit.

Cheers to TFB!

One more thing.....why are these things a big secret? Never seen them advertised or in the shops.

I suspect the haters don't like them because they are just to close to the real thing and they want us all to suffer with patches!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    Has anyone tried using these in a public indoor place yet? I’m thinking pub, restaurant, train, etc.

R
    Smoking is not allowed on British Airways - smoking of anything :rr: - including e-cigarettes!

[cor! look at that, speedposter me... 500 in under five years!]

One more thing.....why are these things a big secret? Never seen them advertised or in the shops.

I suspect the haters don't like them because they are just to close to the real thing and they want us all to suffer with patches!

The tobacco and pharmaceutical companies must absolutely hate them...

Frankly, the NHS should just give these starter kits to smokers rather than the patches and quitline stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad

R
    Smoking is not allowed on British Airways - smoking of anything :rr: - including e-cigarettes!

[cor! look at that, speedposter me... 500 in under five years!]
    Hmmm, point taken - but I wonder if an e-cigarette is detectable by the toilet smoke detectors, unlikely is my guess.

Speedposter indeed!!!!!

R

Master

Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad
    R
    Hmmm, point taken - but I wonder if an e-cigarette is detectable by the toilet smoke detectors, unlikely is my guess.
    R
    Doubtful indeed but then you're unlikely to see that reaction you were looking for :wink:

Master

Mine arrived this morning, and I've just charged it up.

It isn't bad at all; feels and tastes like cheap cigarettes. It'll be the first-one-in-the-morning which will be the clincher.

Grand Master

isn't it ace having a vape and staying warm??? :D
    i've not quit the fags yet but am using my vapestick quite often...getting used to it now.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Just been having a snout around on google, and lo and behold there is an ecig shop in Windang, which just so happens to be half between my house in Richmond NSW and Jervis Bay NSW. As chance would have it, we are going there next weekend, so i will just have to take a slight detour and pick up a kit.
    Finally, hopefully i will be able to enjoy a smoke, without the nicotine and myriad of other nasties that go hand in hand with tobacco.
    Looking forward to giving this a go, and hopefully working on my fitness levels with incresing lung function with time.

Quick question, when you heve a 'vape', does it make your breath smell like normal cigarettes do?

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo
    Quick question, when you heve a 'vape', does it make your breath smell like normal cigarettes do?
    Vaping is odour free.

I got my dual-core atomisers from Smokersangel and I find them a lot better, it feels like I'm sucking less air in with each drag and they produce more vapour, so they are even closer to the real thing. Downside is the batteries get used up pretty quickly, so I may have to buy a couple of spares. I got the 2.8% 'Extra High' nicotine, but other sites do an even higher 3.6%

I would recommend to anyone thinking of buying any of this stuff to get dual-core atomisers or Dual Coil Atomisers as they call them on the Totallywicked site.

People's reactions at work are OK so far, helped by zero odour from the vapour, but we'll see, it will only take one to complain I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo

No - no smell to room, clothes or breath. Brilliant!

My missus definitely approves and is perfectly happy for me to vape in the house (I never smoked in the house) and as Ktmog noted, it is lovely to no longer have to go outside whenever I wanted a smoke.

Switching to these really has transformed my life.

I realise that because I was smoking mini-cigars (Cafe Creme Blue) making the sudden switch might have been a bit easier for me that someone on 20-30 cigs a day, but two cig smoking friends have now also switched and are finding it very easy.

Banned

Okay chaps, I thought I would give this go and I have ordered the Halo starter kit.

Still a little skeptical as I have stuck to a similar brand of cigarettes for years!

What will this e-cigarette taste like? Will I still have the urge to smoke my old cigarettes?