closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers - the greatest invention ever in history, ever, ever

Master
    I bought it from here:

http://www.fsecig.com/mix-diy-ecig-l.../eliquid-base/

It seems fine with no hint of the peppery flavour that can indicate (so I have read) poor quality.

As an alternative, this brand seems well regarded, based on a cursory Google search:

http://www.ltecigs.larsentilbrook.co...roduct_id=1194

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Where are you getting the flavourless stuff from?

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop...mg-pg-nicotine

never used him but from reports his nic base is decent just dilute to your preferred strength

Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post
    http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop...mg-pg-nicotine

never used him but from reports his nic base is decent just dilute to your preferred strength
    That's who i use, which reminds me, i must stock up before it all disappears in May

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    That's who i use, which reminds me, i must stock up before it all disappears in May

already prepared,ive got 3 litres in the freezer

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I hit the 9-month mark last Friday (haven't had a single cigarette in that time, and I seem to have settled on (for me) a perfect combo of the eLeaf iStick Power (an 80w box mod with a huge 5000mAh capacity via an internal battery); coupled with an Aspire Cleito tank. There's almost nothing I'd criticise about this set-up save for two very small niggles. Firstly, the iPower charging port is on the bottom of the unit; and secondly, if the coil goes on the Ceito the tank has to be emptied in order to change it. Save for those very minor irritations this is giving lovely flavour and loads of cloud.

I've also got a smaller and more pocketable alternative to the above in the Apollo Portal. This is a conventional self-adjusting battery with a maximum output of 50w and a capacity of 1900mAh, and the kit comes with really nice tank with a maximum 3ml capacity (so an excellent choice if you're nipping out for the evening and want something small and light).

Between these two, actually, I can't see that I'll need to spend any more money on alternative set-ups. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I wont

Can I ask where you got the apollo from Tony? I too have the istick power but find it a bit bulky so am looking for something smaller. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Can I ask where you got the apollo from Tony? I too have the istick power but find it a bit bulky so am looking for something smaller. Thanks

If you want something compact I can recommend the Innokin Endura T18, it gets rave reviews and is a revelation for me after using the V2 Cigs

https://www.vapour.co.uk/innokin-end...8-vape-pen-kit

You can buy it from the Apollo website, Russell. I don't have the URL to hand but a search for Apollo ecigs should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

^^^ Thanks, I looked at their site. Some of the grammar used got me thinking if it was legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    If you want something compact I can recommend the Innokin Endura T18, it gets rave reviews and is a revelation for me after using the V2 Cigs

https://www.vapour.co.uk/innokin-end...8-vape-pen-kit
    Thanks, will check it out

^^^ Thanks, I looked at their site. Some of the grammar used got me thinking if it was legitimate?
    Completely kosher and very good after sale service. I buy all my juices there.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

^^^ Thanks.

Master
    I've been vaping now for about 6 months, started off with an innokin cool fire iv+ with an innokin isub apex tank. The apex tank is brilliant, never leaks, can top up juice with it in place and no need to empty it when swapping coils, the cool fire mod is pretty damn good too. The only criticism of the tank is that it can be a little tough to see how much juice you have left in it in poor light.

The wife joined me a few months later and went for an endura t18, another good quality product from innokin however it charges from the bottom so cannot be kept upright easily whilst charging and being slim and round has a tendency to fall over and roll. The tank must also be emptied in order to change coils and can leak. Unfortunately this rolling behaviour caused the tank to break when it rolled off a table. This prompted me to buy a new cool fire iv TC100, a temperature controlled mod where all you do it tell it what temperature you want and what coil material you are using and it handles all the rest. She now uses myu old mod with another t18 tank as she doesn't want to sub ohm.

I've also started 'brewing' my own juice as I've weaned myself off the nicotine. A bottle 500ml of PG/VG mix is about £7 on line and concentrates are about £2 for 10ml, a cheap syringe pack off amazon was £5 and some dropper bottles £2.50.
    I've stuck to simple flavours so far but my results even at this early stage are comparable to shop bought juice. I aim to get more adventurous soon.

All in all it's a very good alternative to cigarettes.

Master
    Has anyone else tried the Aspire Nautilus 2 yet?

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/ta...s/tank396.html

I bought one yesterday. Obviously since it still uses the 1.8 ohm bvc coil it couldn’t be wildly different from my current Nautllus Mini, however, it is a marked improvement for MTL use. It is also better, in my opinion, than the Nautilus X. I like it. Airflow range of adjustment is just about right; the adjuster is just a plastic ring snapped over the base of the tank but it works well. The main improvement is that the airflow feels more pleasant to use for MTL.

Coincidentally I bought one Friday to replace my Nautilus Mini, as you say, same coils, ( I use Triton Clapton coils, last longer and you can turn them up more ) I like the vape, but I find it a bit fiddly to fill and I seem to be filling it more often but that might be just me not being used to it, I like that the tank is more protected too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Digby's have a non TPD compliant liquid sale on £2.50/10ml, £7/30ml, £11/50ml, £20/100ml; limited stocks http://www.digbysjuices.co.uk/shop/

Manabush also have non TPD compliant liquids on sale http://www.manabush.com/store/index....tegory&path=92

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Coincidentally I bought one Friday to replace my Nautilus Mini, as you say, same coils, ( I use Triton Clapton coils, last longer and you can turn them up more ) I like the vape, but I find it a bit fiddly to fill and I seem to be filling it more often but that might be just me not being used to it, I like that the tank is more protected too.
    I have noticed that the top can become very tightly stuck. There has been no leakage or residue anywhere but even so, it was very hard to take off on one occasion. Probably needs very regular full cleans.

Craftsman
    After buggering up the thread on my nautilus mini, I switched to a Melo III tank. It's a far more airy draw than the nautilus which took a small bit of getting used to, but I find it gives a better hit (I switched from 12mg to 6mg strength without noticing) and the atomiser seems to last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Has anyone else tried the Aspire Nautilus 2 yet?
    I bought one last week as part of the Zelos kit and I am really struggling. I normmaly use a Nautilis mini attached to a 30w eleaf and firing at 10w and have found it near perfect for MTL, and I can fill up in seconds - the Nautilis 2 is a different design and changing coils seems a bit of a faff, you can't change a coil with juice in the tank, where as you can with the mini. It is probably my cakhandedness but I keep getting leaks.

I am glad I have a few mini's as I can't see me swapping any time soon, but I will use the Zelos mod to warm the coils.

Also when I was researching the Zealos mod I came across a video where this chap was banging on about how good Lemon Lush from Demon Vaper was, so I bought some I am getting quite a collection of barely used ejuice.

I bought some 70vg/30pg tangerine which is really good, but clogs the coil after a day or two at most (on a BVC 1.8)

My core ejuice is Manabush Nanabozho (50/50) 12mg with an evening refreshing Oh So Orange (50/50) 12mg from Shorditch.

Master
    I like the Nautilus 2 as a MTL vape so I am persevering but it does have a weakness or two. They are blindingly obvious after a short period of use so it is a pity the manufacturers didn’t deal with them.

The top cap will get well and truly stuck sooner or later. For me, it is about every other day.
    Even when not stuck, it is just a little too tightly sealed so that getting it fully home and then loosening it again later on can be harder than one might like. For one thing, you need to take the tank off the mod most of the time to get a decent grip. With a 2ml tank (if it even holds that) that will get tiresome quickly. I have also noticed (once so far) that taking the top cap off can unscrew the coil.

I am hoping that perhaps the stainless steel version might be slightly different - the other colours including my black one are anodised aluminium alloy - so one is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I like the Nautilus 2 as a MTL vape so I am persevering but it does have a weakness or two. They are blindingly obvious after a short period of use so it is a pity the manufacturers didn’t deal with them.

The top cap will get well and truly stuck sooner or later. For me, it is about every other day.
    Even when not stuck, it is just a little too tightly sealed so that getting it fully home and then loosening it again later on can be harder than one might like. For one thing, you need to take the tank off the mod most of the time to get a decent grip. With a 2ml tank (if it even holds that) that will get tiresome quickly. I have also noticed (once so far) that taking the top cap off can unscrew the coil.

I am hoping that perhaps the stainless steel version might be slightly different - the other colours including my black one are anodised aluminium alloy - so one is on the way.
    That hasn't happened on my 2 yet, but its happening frequently on the wifes X ... Quite annoying.
    I agree its a bit difficult taking the tank off, but then again the Nautilus Mini was a bugger for that sometimes too.

Having bought all my stuff online up until now I visited a proper vape shop today for the first time, and a good one it was too.

A full flavour 'bar' with testers, nice range of kit and a table and chairs to sit and have a coffee. Good to support a bricks and mortar for a change.

https://www.houseofvapeslondon.co.uk

I visited the Clapham branch, recommended if you are in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoknevo View Post
    Digby's have a non TPD compliant liquid sale on £2.50/10ml, £7/30ml, £11/50ml, £20/100ml; limited stocks http://www.digbysjuices.co.uk/shop/

Manabush also have non TPD compliant liquids on sale http://www.manabush.com/store/index....tegory&path=92
    Digby's juices are very nice, I've just finished a bottle of Ayen, a sweet tobacco rather like an RY4.
    What I like about Digby's is the information they publish regarding Diacetyl and test results:

http://www.digbysjuices.co.uk/digbys-gcms-lab-results/

Similar with General's Juices, who I also rate;

http://generalsjuices.co.uk/safetys-on/

I tend to stick with UK liquids, another being the Druid's Brew who put out quality stuff, particularly Bread of Heaven. While they don't appear to publish test results you can find them at elscience.

Current set up is a Vaporflask Lite, which I can't really fault even if it isn't a DNA chip - it's been dropped, knocked about and generally abused without hiccup - alternating tanks between the Herakles Hydra (excellent) and Uwell Crown (too large, and the Ni200 coils are crap) but I've just bought an RDA so that'll be put to use in due course instead.
    Last edited by howie77; 30th April 2017 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by howie77 View Post
    Digby's juices are very nice, I've just finished a bottle of Ayen, a sweet tobacco rather like an RY4.
    What I like about Digby's is the information they publish regarding Diacetyl and test results:

http://www.digbysjuices.co.uk/digbys-gcms-lab-results/

Similar with General's Juices, who I also rate;

http://generalsjuices.co.uk/safetys-on/

I tend to stick with UK liquids, another being the Druid's Brew who put out quality stuff, particularly Bread of Heaven. While they don't appear to publish test results you can find them at elscience.

Current set up is a Vaporflask Lite, which I can't really fault even if it isn't a DNA chip - it's been dropped, knocked about and generally abused without hiccup - alternating tanks between the Herakles Hydra (excellent) and Uwell Crown (too large, and the Ni200 coils are crap) but I've just bought an RDA so that'll be put to use in due course instead.
    paul who owns Druids brew, has had all his ingredients that he uses tested and all passed safe to consume

Would have assumed as much.

You're from vapepit aren't you. Small world.

I'd say TZ is the watch equivalent. Similar views on clones!

Would have assumed as much.

You're from vapepit aren't you. Small world.

I'd say TZ is the watch equivalent. Similar views on clones!

lol
    yes i frequent there quite a bit. not as busy a forum these days, but back in the day if you wanted high end quality vaping gear it was the place to hang out. and was one of the best places for shall we say rough banter :lol:

and you're right there was a no clone policy

are you a member there ?

Yes, joined some while ago, last year I think, mostly as the mainstream forums just p'ssed me off with the constant talk of clones so I never signed up to any one of them. Hence vapepit it was.

Though I then realised I had nothing to say nor offer so that didn't last long! Seemed to be mostly all gennies and squonking, but I thought the banter was good though.

Quite slow moving now having been back to look, not many new threads but still looks to be the place for the authentic scene, Hellfire, Jhonutz etc which is good.

Nearly everything else - apart from the Greek stuff and a few other small scale makers - just seems to come out of Shenzhen, e v e r y t h i n g. That said, have just bought an Origen, choice between that and a Snapdragon, but the Norbert was available over the counter so that's what I did.

Just need a half decent DNA75 or Dicodes BF60 and I'm done.

Yes, joined some while ago, last year I think, mostly as the mainstream forums just p'ssed me off with the constant talk of clones so I never signed up to any one of them. Hence vapepit it was.

Though I then realised I had nothing to say nor offer so that didn't last long! Seemed to be mostly all gennies and squonking, but I thought the banter was good though.

Quite slow moving now having been back to look, not many new threads but still looks to be the place for the authentic scene, Hellfire, Jhonutz etc which is good.

Nearly everything else - apart from the Greek stuff and a few other small scale makers - just seems to come out of Shenzhen, e v e r y t h i n g. That said, have just bought an Origen, choice between that and a Snapdragon, but the Norbert was available over the counter so that's what I did.

Just need a half decent DNA75 or Dicodes BF60 and I'm done.
    you dont need anything to offer over there its just a pi$$taking place. as long as you can dish it out and take it, its a great place. like i say very quiet now as most of the modders have moved their business to facebook which is sad but understandable. you're right it is mostly gennies although a few are starting to use pre-made coil stuff. i stick to the gennies never get on with pre-made.

Ah the just need then I'm done comment :lol:

said it and heard it so many times :lol:

Haha yes, one more and I'm done... but I hardly have any kit as it is.

What I like about that forum is the fact you have to log-in to read, keeps everything private. Sometimes I think this forum could do with it. Ah well there's always the Bear Pit at least, 100 more posts and you'll find it

I may have to pop back then and have a read at some point, I'll say hello to you. Not now though, I need to order a pizza first so I'm off.

Love my DNA 200 mods and Steam Crave Supreme tanks, been off the fags for about 19 months now without so much as a drag, would never go back.

Master
    I'm back no this thread having fallen back into cigarettes for the last year or so and I've been increasing my usage to a couple a day (used to smoke only at weekends).

50th birthday is looming and the family are on to me to quit so I want to give vaping another go but unsure what to go for. Like others I'm amazed by how much jingo is now attached to this subject and I'm feeling a little unsure which way to go.

Can anyone advise me on what to buy and where to buy it please? My last attempt was with the pencil type (can't remember the brand) but I would like to try something more like the Innokin Endurance T22 I have seen on amazon. Not too bulky and no leaks would be nice, and I would prefer to buy a straight kit rather than assembling or modding.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

It's been said a few times, pop into a vape shop local to you and get advice there, they are usually 'enthusiast' run and will genuinely try to help.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman
    I'm using this setup for a few month and i'm very happy with it:
    http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc40w/
    http://www.eleafworld.com/gs-air-atomizer/

Used all kind of eGo type batteries but had some issues with them.

Master
    I will pop into my local vape shop but last time I got the feeling they were selling what they had rather than what I wanted.

Cheers - Simon

Just ordered the Smok Alien in a kit with a TFV8 Baby tank. Only £35. Time to see what this sub ohm cloud chasing stuff is all about

https://www.smkd.com/collections/kit...nt=36668078535

Brighty

Master
    I popped in to the local vape shop and came out with an Innokin Kroma which I took home and used for the first time last night.

I'm still surprised by how techy and fiddly this has become and there were bits in the box I didn't understand or seem to need but I suppose they have to find a way to differentiate between the brands and to justify the £50 price tag.

First impressions are mixed. The first "drag" must have been dry as it hit me in the back of the throat, not particularly pleasant. I messed around with the power settings and managed to get a reasonable assimilation of smoking a cigarette. At one point I managed to pull a glob of boiling liquid into my mouth so I'm a little wary of drawing too hard on it.

I am not yet convinced but I will persevere. Good news is I didn't smoke a cigarette yesterday.

Journeyman
    If you are experiencing throat discomfort, the PG (Propylene Glycol) in the ejuice might be the cause. Or higher percentage of nicotine.
    You might want to try some VG (Vegetable Glycerin) based juice. This worked for me.
    After many experiments i settled on a juice with 70%VG, 20%PG, 10% distillate watter and 6mg of nicotine.

Hope this helps.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bograd View Post
    If you are experiencing throat discomfort, the PG (Propylene Glycol) in the ejuice might be the cause. Or higher percentage of nicotine.
    You might want to try some VG (Vegetable Glycerin) based juice. This worked for me.
    After many experiments i settled on a juice with 70%VG, 20%PG, 10% distillate watter and 6mg of nicotine.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for this. Even more complexity to get my head around! I will have a look at the bottle of stuff they gave me with the unit but I believe it is 3% nicotine although not sure what the juice base is.

Journeyman
    That is 3mg/100ml. It's very low.
    Regarding the juice, unfortunately, not all producers mentions this on the package.

Just ordered the Smok Alien in a kit with a TFV8 Baby tank. Only £35. Time to see what this sub ohm cloud chasing stuff is all about

https://www.smkd.com/collections/kit...nt=36668078535

Brighty
    Mine says Hi

Battery Advice?

I'm starting to find that the 3.7V 3,000MAH 40A 18650 batteries I use in my mod are going flat before the end of the day.

I've seen these rated up to 9,000MAH for sale online, but I'm not convinced on quality, based on what seem like quite low prices.

Can anyone recommend a good-quality higher-capacity battery and supplier? I'm guessing something like 5,000MAH would probably meet the brief.

Any and all advice gratefully received.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bograd View Post
    That is 3mg/100ml. It's very low.
    Regarding the juice, unfortunately, not all producers mentions this on the package.
    I'm happy with the low nicotine content as my smoking has always been fairly light at between 1-5 a day. This has been the case for the last 35 years.

Any 18650 battery that claims any more than around 3000mAh and 25A is lying

Best battery will depend on what sort of wattage your using, some are better at high ampage drain, some better if you're at lower wattage. Fire an email over to either Fogstar.co.uk or Torchy.co.uk saying what mod, wattage etc and they'll see you right.

Brighty
    Last edited by Brighty; 17th May 2017 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Mine says Hi

I wanted orange, but they only had green left, i don't have a green watch

I wanted orange, but they only had green left, i don't have a green watch
    I might have just the thing for you over in SC lol (don't worry, I know no one wants it!).

Any 18650 battery that claims any more than around 3000mAh and 25A is lying

Best battery will depend on what sort of wattage your using, some are better at high ampage drain, some better if you're at lower wattage. Fire an email over to either Fogstar.co.uk or Torchy.co.uk saying what mod, wattage etc and they'll see you right.

Brighty
    Nice one - thanks for that. Good to know my scepticism wasn't misplaced when I looked at, e.g., a set of 4 alleged 6,800mAh 3.7V for less than £6 on eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I might have just the thing for you over in SC lol (don't worry, I know no one wants it!).

Nice one - thanks for that. Good to know my scepticism wasn't misplaced when I looked at, e.g., a set of 4 alleged 6,800mAh 3.7V for less than £6 on eBay...
    Just realised you were the one that posted the Alien pic, if it's batteries for that you're after, I ordered some LG HG2's from Fogstar last night, 4 for under £20 delivered using discount code POTV15
    Alternatively, look at Samsung 25R 2500mah 20A if doing low amp high wattage stuff, or Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A if you not pushing the limits

Just realised you were the one that posted the Alien pic, if it's batteries for that you're after, I ordered some LG HG2's from Fogstar last night, 4 for under £20 delivered using discount code POTV15
    Alternatively, look at Samsung 25R 2500mah 20A if doing low amp high wattage stuff, or Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A if you not pushing the limits
    Great - thanks for that. Yes it's for the Alien, which I'm firing at 160 watts sub-ohm at around 30+ Amps, and the 3,000mAh 40A I'm using at the moment (supplied with the mod) are running flat by about 9:00pm after a day of use.

I've asked Fogstar for a steer - will post back when I've heard from them in case anyone's interested.

Craftsman
    ^^ Which coil are you running at 160W?

It's the Smok TFV8-T8 (octuple-head, 0.15 ohm, 50-260W):

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I'm back no this thread having fallen back into cigarettes for the last year or so and I've been increasing my usage to a couple a day (used to smoke only at weekends).

50th birthday is looming and the family are on to me to quit so I want to give vaping another go but unsure what to go for. Like others I'm amazed by how much jingo is now attached to this subject and I'm feeling a little unsure which way to go.

Can anyone advise me on what to buy and where to buy it please? My last attempt was with the pencil type (can't remember the brand) but I would like to try something more like the Innokin Endurance T22 I have seen on amazon. Not too bulky and no leaks would be nice, and I would prefer to buy a straight kit rather than assembling or modding.

Thanks in advance.

Simon
    I have half a dozen vaping sticks and recently bought the Innokin Endura T18 for use "on the go". Inexpensive, good size and certainly punches above its weight.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Just a reminder to all current, new and prospective vapers.

The new TPD laws come into effect at midnight tomorrow night.

After that, it will be illegal to sell, so you won't be able to buy

Liquid above 18mg/ml, that includes high strength (54 or 72mg/ml) nicotine base that you use to mix your own liquid
    Liquid of any strength in bottles bigger than 10ml
    Tanks/clearos/atomisers that hold more than 2ml

So get your orders in today/tomorrow, or just go back on the fags like they want us to

Brighty