closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Eco drive catastrophe!

Journeyman

Citizen Eco drive catastrophe!

Hello all, forgive me if this isnít in the right section, iíve got a question I hope someone can help with.

I have a Citizen Eco drive Calibre 8700 which I use as a daily beater. My daily commute consists of packed tube trains and platform changes and every now and again my arm gets knocked on something.

A few days ago while going through the usual routine i bashed my arm on the door of the train and didnít notice anything until i looks at my watch in the office, turns out the crown had somehow dislodged itself and fallen out somewhere on the train.

[attachment=1:186fjtba]$(KGrHqJ,!h!E7QHNnh9)BPEHjVL)Jw~~60_12.jpg[/attachment:186fjtba]

Iíve had the back off and tried to locate the point where the stem click into place, havenít figured that one out just yet!

[attachment=0:186fjtba]$(KGrHqVHJBEE7)2UUkWUBPHBTFr!lg~~60_12.jpg[/attachment:186fjtba]

So, what to do now? is it a simple case of taken out the remaining stem from the movement and popping in a new one? (And does anyone know of a guide to help me do that?) or will i end up opening a can of worms and just hand it in to get it repaired

Any guidance would be helpful,

Craftsman

Re: Citizen Eco drive catastrophe!

Have you tried pushing down on the little silver button near where the crown goes in, that should release it.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    Have you tried pushing down on the little silver button near where the crown goes in, that should release it.
    if you mean the tiny dimple inline wit the stem/shaft, then yes. im thinking maybe its one that unscrews as opposed to pressing something to pop it out...

thanks all the same Daz :wink:

Just hand it in to be repaired, shouldn't cost much at a independent ..... You would need to find the correct stem and crown, then cut to length to make it fit...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Apprentice

I think buying a new one is wiser than repairing, costs wise.

As a fellow Eco Drive daily wearer, my condolences for your watch. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Citizen's UK service centre was both good and fairly priced.

Journeyman

Chuck it! :cry:
    Buy a new one. :?
    Be Happy! :bom:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by brighty-on-tour
    Chuck it! :cry:
    Buy a new one. :?
    Be Happy! :bom:
    Sums up our throw-away society in one :twisted:

Like somebody else said, it would be best to take it to a professional for repair. Probably an easy fix for them :)

Fear not, I'm here to help.

Don't worry, It's not a screw you're looking for, It is indeed just one of the points you need to push to release the stem.

It's the one next to the one that's under the other. The other which is opposite the screw, but NOT 'that' screw, It's the other one.

Glad to be of help

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso
    It's the one next to the one that's under the other. The other which is opposite the screw, but NOT 'that' screw, It's the other one.
    :shock: :mrgreen:

Journeyman

thanks for all your posts people, seems lady luck was on my side as i found a breaking 8700 on ebay and bought it for all of £6. i've taken this as an oppertunity to take everythng apart and give it a good polish so i've blocked out the weekend to do this and maybe a couple of others too.

All's well that ends well :P :lol: :lol: 8)

Good luck on your mission don't forget a bottle of whisky for after to calm the nerves!