closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is a Seamaster a genuine Submariner.....

Master

Re: When is a Seamaster a genuine Submariner.....

I read through this thread yesterday during a brief moment of calm at work and had every intention of posting a reply but just never got round to it, and have only just rediscovered the thread on page 2.

I to am gutted that you had to part with your [obviously] very much loved SM300, reading your story was almost like watching an episode of Long Lost Family on ITV but without the happy ending :cry:

That said, it was a cracking read and thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries

Cheers chaps for all the recent replies and commiserations!

I know I'm never going to find another to match, this one may have filled the gap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-VINTAGE ... 4316wt_922

But if I had over £7k to spend it would likely go on a 1665!

Cheers

Rob

Great writeup, thanks for sharing, enjoyed the photos too.

Master

Thread revival

Have just stumbled across this thread and read it Rob, what a great story and even greater watch with real provenance. I have to say I really feel for you having done all that research and due diligence, found the absolute perfect watch and buying from a real gentleman who had used it properly and put it to good test.
    Out of interest did you keep in touch with Norman J Fitzgerald and do you still have the Ingenieur?
    Stories like this on TZ are fantastic and another good reason this place is still great. It always amazes me when the people who write these type of really interesting threads apologise for going into great detail with photos and background info on their previous purchases, which others like me really enjoy reading. I really hope the answer to my questions above is yes. Thanks the the original thread Rob and fantastic photos.

Craftsman
    That’s a great story... the SM300 is the reissue that I wish Omega would release. I was genuinely gutted to read you’d sold it shortly after getting it. And for an IWC no less!!!

Were you a fool? No... you made the trade that was right for you.... but I bet you miss the SM300 today!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I remember that story. Great read for the second time too.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman
    Great story, shame you couldn’t keep it but with this hobby things often don’t hang around for too long!