closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Authentic?

Authentic?

Hi;
    Item number: 270943190740
    Shouldn't this also have 0552 / 0555 or W10 also stamped on the back if it has been issued?
    What do you think?

Re: Authentic?

Hi,

I do not think automatic CWC divers were issued in 2002,

so wether it is the original caseback with number and year but it was not issued, wether the caseback has been changed...

Sorry should have posted this link so you can go directly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cwc-automatic ... 0943190740

If you have a look on the CWC site it does say that the auto non date was only issued for one year but it does also show a picture of one with a 02 issue date on the back, so a bit strange.

I have a couple of these and it looks to me like the Silvermans unissued one by the format of the numbers. Perhaps someone added the number & date afterwards. I think if it was issued it would look like this:

I have a couple of these and it looks to me like the Silvermans unissued one by the format of the numbers. Perhaps someone added the number & date afterwards. I think if it was issued it would look like this:
    Yes, those are the kind of markings I would have expected to see, just not knowledgeable enough to know
    if there have been execeptions to this.

Craftsman

There have been a few batches of automatic divers watches manufactured for CWC, briefly listed as follows.

1980 - Issued - 0552 marked. Approximately 100 manufactured by Dodane France.
    1981 - Issued - 0552 marked. Approximately 120 manufactured.

1983 - Non-issued - 6645-99 marked. A small batch thought to have been made up from an overrun of 1981 cases with a 1982 style dial.
    1984 - Non UK MOD issued - Less than 100 made, thought to have been manufactured for Hong Kong Government. Possibly made by Dodane France.

2002 - Non-issued - 6645-99 marked. Non date ETA 2824-2 model. Approximately 500 manufactured, the original order was said to have been for a foreign Navy but most have been sold directly from Silvermans. A few of the later serial numbered watches had a date dial.
    2004 - Non-issued - 6645-99 marked. Date dial ETA 2824-2 model. Approximately 150 manufactured, on sale direct from Silvermans.
    2011 - New batch on sale from Silvermans, have not seen any current watches to note details.

So the 2002 model you mention is regarded as a non-issue model. They are a very nice watch that co-incidentally happens to be my daily wear.

Terry

Thanks Terry that's very useful to have.
    Could I be cheeky and ask if you have the same info for the quartz models?
    Thanks.

Craftsman

Parrot,
    Affirmative on Quartz models, what year interests you?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Parrot,

Terry
    Could i jump in here and politely ask you (as you seem to be in the know on CWC divers) what year was the non date and dated version of the quartz diver first issued?
    I would like to start collecting the CWC divers in the future so any info would be welcome

Terry
    No year in particular. If it's not too much trouble, just something along the lines of your previous post.
    As with Stark Raven have been looking to start collecting, but so many, lets say, dubious watches seem to come up, even to my untrained eye, it would be nice to have a point of reference for their validity.