closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Search party: New nato/military strap for my wife's Rolex

Blog Entries

Search party: New nato/military strap for my wife's Rolex

Not for myself this time, but for my wife. She wears her favorite Rolex Precision on a short military strap (the type with the nylon keeper). Yes, my wife is a practicing member of the Rolex-on-a-nato church... But that strap is almost worn and due to the wear, it's not as soft as it used to be. Hence her search for a new strap. She tried a Rios cognac coloured strap today (I bought it at a watch fair earlier today). Not her cup of tea. Back to the nato/military
    The watch has 19mm lugs, but she's using a 18mm at the moment and it looks okay. 20mm looks too massive on her wrist. About the length:I know that you can cut a strap to size it, but somehow she's not impressed by a sized strap. It's not fantastic to look at.

So, if you can point me (her) towards a short, khaki coloured nato/military strap, things would be perfect again.

(Sometimes, a wife with a serious interest in watches is not a blessing)

Menno

EDIT: and yes, I posted a WTB also, but I think a proper posting about this is, is in place for some background info.

Re: Search party: New nato/military strap for my wife's Rolex

I just looked on ebay using '19mm military' as the search, and it brought up several interesting possibilities.

Re: Search party: New nato/military strap for my wife's Rolex

Why not an Leather Nato Strap? Gunny Starps has an very nice Strap.
    Brown Leather, a bit vintage Style.
    http://gunnystraps.blogspot.com/

Peer