closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insurance Question...

Insurance Question...

Obviously this would come down to the individual policy wording but is theft from a gym locker usually covered under all risk policies?

Always get a bit nervous leaving a watch in there and not practical to take it in with me.

Re: Insurance Question...

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdbale
    Obviously this would come down to the individual policy wording but is theft from a gym locker usually covered under all risk policies?

Always get a bit nervous leaving a watch in there and not practical to take it in with me.
    Would be covered by the "away from home" part of your policy.
    What if it was a home gym?

Would you get your quid back on insurance too if they nicked that?
    "A man of little significance"

Master

Check if there is a 'sub-limit' for away from home articles and also any 'single article' limits in general.

Insurers are getting hotter than ever on applying average to any under-insurance too so make sure your insured values are indeed what it would cost to replace.

There may also be a warranty about not leaving items that are away from home in an unsecured place which could lead to arguments about how secure a gym locker is. Policies vary from one to another so it's hard to generalise. On the whole, whilst not a fan of Hiscox as a firm, they do have some of the best cover out there.

I'd recommend having a strong coffee and seeing if you can stay awake reading the whole policy. :wink:

Be very careful with the wording of "all risks" policies. Some state that valuables need to be on your person if outside the home. Higher value items often need to be worn or in a safe with a proper insurance "cash rating". It's a minefield, especially now a lot of watches break the value limits for such stipulations.

Insurance companies expect you to take reasonable care, I would have thought a locker would be fine - provided it was locked and you had the key safe and secure!

Master

Or you could choose not to leave very expensive watch in a gym locker that is easy to break in to.

Whilst my watches are insured both in and out of the home, I would never leave a high end watch in the gym. Hidden in the car, left at home or on my wrist only.

Journeyman

I would say no, my insurance covers me away from home but it must be on me.

Master

If you are off to the gym why have an expensive watch on your wrist? Why have a watch at all if you intended to lock it away for an hour or so whilst exercising. Plenty of clocks on the walls in gyms/pools.
    Personally I keep mine on whatever I am doing......except changing the oil on the car perhaps.
    Regards Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyndogs
    If you are off to the gym why have an expensive watch on your wrist? Why have a watch at all if you intended to lock it away for an hour or so whilst exercising. Plenty of clocks on the walls in gyms/pools.
    Personally I keep mine on whatever I am doing......except changing the oil on the car perhaps.
    Regards Martyn.
    It's more if e.g. you go to the gym on the way back from work. I always wear a watch that is waterproof for pool/shower and robust enough to endure swimming/weights machines - inevitably that means my Sub!