closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-12 speck on crystal

PRS-12 speck on crystal

I've been thinking of reducing my collection recently, and in my mind I put my PRS-12 on the culling list; now it's on my wrist I've got second thoughts of course! However, I did take a few photos of it and check it over. I then noticed a tiny mark on the crystal between the 9 and the centre of the dial. (It is tiny, too - in some lights it can't be seen.) At first I thought it must be a speck of dust, but as it wouldn't come off I thought it must be a scratch. But looking at it a bit more, from different angles, I think it must be a speck of dust on the underside of the crystal. Excuse the v bad pic, which makes it look as if it's covered in marks (it's not!) - but look for the brightest speck inbetween 9 and the centre:

Anyway, my question is: where best to get the crystal taken out and cleaned, and, come to that, where best for a service?

Master

Re: PRS-12 speck on crystal

I know how it is once you spot a spec of dust or any slight fault inside a watch. You then notice it every time you look at it...

If you can't ignore it and as it is (if I recall correctly) a 2003 model, it might benefit from a service if not already done recently.

Personally I would recommend Steve Burrage at Rytetime. I sure he would be very familar with the 7750 movement.

Dave

Thanks Dave. You're right about noticing it all the time - that speck seems to follow me round the room.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsy
    Thanks Dave. You're right about noticing it all the time - that speck seems to follow me round the room.
    Use the power of your mind and compartmentalise it out of focus. :drunken:

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Crystal can be very misleading. I found what I could only describe as a spec of dust under the crystal on my Seamaster so got my AD to send it to Omega, who promptly diagnised it as a scratch. I could have a new crystal fitted for £130 if I wanted :shock:

David

Just got it back from Rytetime, serviced and cleaned and speck-free! Life is good.

(Still can't take a good photo of it though )

Well done, looks very nice indeed.

I think I may also have a speck of dust inside my crystal as well though not a PRS-12. If that is indeed the case does that mean that it is prone to additional infiltration? It bothered me greatly at first, but eventually told myself there's other more pressing matters.