closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I just bought the holy grail of airguns!!!

Some pistols..

Unknown pre war rifle, I thought it was a quarter stocked Diana mod27 but alas no! There are subtle differences!

EDIT- I've been reliably informed that this is a Diana mod27 but the Export version

Webley Falcon..

The fourth Original model 50, It was very reasonably priced from the Vintage airgun fayre at Melbourne..

Air Arms SE90..

Chinese 'Fast Deer' air rifle!!

Pretty old 'Dolla' pistol..

Umarex Wildlife in .177 although it says on the box that they come in three Barrels/calibres!

Original mod35..

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 7th October 2017 at 12:04.

I bought another Webley Osprey that had been dropped and the heavy bull barrel snapped where the dia is stepped down to enter the breech block so I warmed the breechbloc with a blowlamp and unscrewed the stub (Threadlocked in!), I had a spare Tracker action so I warmed that and removed the barrel and fitted it to the Osprey so now I call it an Ospracker!!

It's the shorter one!!

I let a mate have this Airsporter RB2 carbine but when he said he was selling a few I talked him in to selling it back to me!!

A couple of these multipumpers are new I think (Don't think i've posted pics)..

This was mine and I let the mate have it a few years ago! I bought it back again! It's the smoothest gun to cock i've ever had!! Unfortunately the barrel slipped from my grip a couple of weeks ago and cracked the stock I'm pretty sure I can open it up and get some PVA glue it to make it solid again! If not i'll have to bite the bullet and order a new one from Germany!

An immaculate Airsporter mk6 from the late 1970's

A HW80 mk1 that was dead rusty, I bought it from SDS for £60!! I ground through the good steel to the bottom of the pits on the slack part of a belt sander and a mate got it hot chemically reblacked..

Theoben Fenman, I acquired this in a trade with a mate from Bolton, I took it on a shoot and got severe aching in my shoulder, I chrono'd it when I arrived home, It was putting out 18ft lbs of muzzle energy
    I removed the schrade valve cover and used a punch to tap a few ft lbs away but overdid it! It's only pushing 8ft lbs now so I bought an adapter but then my pump packed in and i'm too wimpy to try it with the 300bar cylinder!

John

You have a problem.

An awesome problem though. Love it :). I remember a few from my youth - was always a fan of the Webley pistols but prices on them now have gone crackers.

Excellent collection

Master
    some lovely guns shown here on this thread.i have been collecting guns since i was a teenager and am now much older.this was my grail gun.this punt gun belonged to my cousin who used it for wildfowling and i had coveted it since a boy so when he decided to sell it he knew where to find a buyer!.this is it being fired with a 12oz lead shot load.... https://youtu.be/MsT3j1E8tmE ...and heres a very poor picture of it hanging on the gunroom wall....
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 12th April 2017 at 08:32.

Master
    I have an old Airsporter that Ive had for 40 years, it's an underleaver but it won't cock, the leaver won't go all the way home.
    Are these collectible now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    some lovely guns shown here on this thread.i have been collecting guns since i was a teenager and am now much older.this was my grail gun.this punt gun belonged to my cousin who used it for wildfowling and i had coveted it since a boy so when he decided to sell it he knew where to find a buyer!.this is it being fired with a 12oz lead shot load.... https://youtu.be/MsT3j1E8tmE
    That would take a few geese!

We've missed you John. All we need now is some updated photos of the foundry.

Great collection and pics John. I especially like the idea of the Ospracker.

Master
    Amazing collection, you must have been collecting for quite some time!

It might be a bit cheeky but would you take a quick look at a thread I posted a while back?
    The general consensus was that you'd be the right person to speak to:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ian-Air-Pistol

And if you're at all interested in them then let me know and Ill post them on SC.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    Amazing collection, you must have been collecting for quite some time!

It might be a bit cheeky but would you take a quick look at a thread I posted a while back?
    The general consensus was that you'd be the right person to speak to:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ian-Air-Pistol

And if you're at all interested in them then let me know and Ill post them on SC.

Hi ArcofZen

The RO guns were known as Panther Artillery Carbines, Unfortunately they don't command good prices, I don't know why though

Here's one at an auction house that looks new yet the estimate is only £40 to £60..

I had something very similar as a kid but it may have been a Cougar (Memory is bad!!)..

I think the Daisy would get you a better price if it's OK on the seals as they seem to be more desirable than the Italian pistol

Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    I have an old Airsporter that Ive had for 40 years, it's an underleaver but it won't cock, the leaver won't go all the way home.
    Are these collectible now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Dizz

The Airsporters are quite collectable now but the early ones (Mk1/2) and the specials (Stutzen, Centenary, Club RB etc) are the ones that everyonme wants!

It sounds like something has come adrift in your rifle, Maybe the spring broke and a bit has got jammed maybe..

If you find the serial number on your rifle make a note of the letters (Numbers don't matter) Then have a look HERE You can find out which model it is..

Then look HERE and find your model, Click on it and you'll find an exploded view to check your internals against although it may be glaingly obvious when the gun is apart as to what the problem is

John

Great to see some pics again of your fantastic collection John. So interesting to look at.

With that lot and the guitars it's a wonder you can fit in the house!

Nice way to be though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi ArcofZen

The RO guns were known as Panther Artillery Carbines, Unfortunately they don't command good prices, I don't know why though

Here's one at an auction house that looks new yet the estimate is only £40 to £60..

I had something very similar as a kid but it may have been a Cougar (Memory is bad!!)..

I think the Daisy would get you a better price if it's OK on the seals as they seem to be more desirable than the Italian pistol

Cheers John
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm quite surprised that a relatively rare pistol is worth so little, might as well keep it!

Although the Powerline sure is a nice little plinker. Very accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm quite surprised that a relatively rare pistol is worth so little, might as well keep it!

Although the Powerline sure is a nice little plinker. Very accurate!

I'm with you! I've no idea why certain guns don't hold their prices, I've bought some nice guns cheaply as a result though!! (Also moved a few on for very little money too!!)

I've not had a Powerline before but I can recall handling one that a chap had when I bought his HW35 Hofmann Premier! It felt lovely in the hand!!

The little one as some were in cases in the other pic of them!

John

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm with you! I've no idea why certain guns don't hold their prices, I've bought some nice guns cheaply as a result though!!
    No different from watches.

The bigest part of 'collectabillty' links to 'desireability' which links to being known. There has to be demand first for there to be a market of short supply.
    Some watches wer/are made by the million/year and nothing special perse yet reputation drives a demand outstripping supply meaning high prices.
    Others are way more special and technically desireable yet without hype there is no demand thus even the slightest of supply will go unsold thus bottom prices.

There are members here with STUNNING collections of early electric or quartz watches which should be accessible to all watch enthusiasts in a virtual museum yet they paid beer money for most of them.

Even the Girardoni type guns have only recently become desirable and thus valuable. All because of publicity again.

Master
    Hi Dizz

The Airsporters are quite collectable now but the early ones (Mk1/2) and the specials (Stutzen, Centenary, Club RB etc) are the ones that everyonme wants!

It sounds like something has come adrift in your rifle, Maybe the spring broke and a bit has got jammed maybe..

If you find the serial number on your rifle make a note of the letters (Numbers don't matter) Then have a look HERE You can find out which model it is..

Then look HERE and find your model, Click on it and you'll find an exploded view to check your internals against although it may be glaingly obvious when the gun is apart as to what the problem is

John
    Hi John
    Its a 'GL / MK6 .22 - 1979-83' so probebly not woth an auful lot then?
    Im supprised at 1979 as I thought I had it a few years before that, still it was a long time ago now and I cant really remember.
    Dont think I fancy taking it apart, visions of the spring exploding into my face etc! lol

Hi all

A few more additions to the family

Vmach HW97 in .177" cal, This came to me on an ABS thumbhole stock which was superbly comfy but I had the blue laminate stock sat doing nothing, Also had the brass trigger guard spare too!, I fitted stainless steel forend screws and brass seats at the same time..

1936 BSA Break barrel, This rifle is in very good condition for the age but needs a new breech seal making as the piston is slamming in to the end of the cylinder

I wasted my money on this as it's simply 'Worn out'!, It's a Baikal MP651k, After a shot or two the mag drops out!!

BSA Supersport in .25" cal

BSA Superten

John

Master
    I see you still have the habit John! Is the 1936 BSA .22 or .177? I have the .22 and it's a fantastic gun - it recently despatched a large rat one of our cats brought in.......

Master

Cool

I was going to stick my AGT Vulcan on SC but thought I’d get shot down by the anti gun/knife brigade, looks like there’s more airgun fans than I thought!

Good to see the Sharp Innova above, have one of those too. Could do with some work, block has all but blown apart (still works though). Mind you they must be pretty old, I’ve had mine over 30 years I’d guess.

Interested in this, does anyone know much about an Original 177, it was a childhood toy and I still have it 35 years later. Is that a good gun? It’s in great condition after I refurbed it in my later years.

A question to the airgun aficionados in this thread, please.

I have pictured here two BSA airguns that i have recently inherited and would appreciate any info on them from the experts as to what they are exactly - i know they`re BSA but what model, approx year and are they collectable at all?

The little `un is a .177 and the big `un a .22, that`s all i know...

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    A question to the airgun aficionados in this thread, please.

I have pictured here two BSA airguns that i have recently inherited and would appreciate any info on them from the experts as to what they are exactly - i know they`re BSA but what model, approx year and are they collectable at all?

The little `un is a .177 and the big `un a .22, that`s all i know...

Thank you.

Hi

The top onbe is an Airsporter, A Mk2 I think, Bottom one is a Cadet, Possibly a Cadet Major, Both are excellent gus from back in the day!

If you find the serial numbers, There will be letters before the actual numbers, The mk and rough date of manufacture can be found online..

EDIT- Actually, The Airsporter looks like a mk1 with a better quality backsight, The Mk2 has a fold down rearsight and parallel barrel, The mk1 has a non folding but more adjustable rearsight!

If the Cadet has and adjustable rearsight and trigger then it's a Cadet major, If not then it's a standard Cadet which is smaller and less powerful, Still, I prefer them to the Meteor that replaced them!

Regards, John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 20th June 2019 at 21:45. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I see you still have the habit John! Is the 1936 BSA .22 or .177? I have the .22 and it's a fantastic gun - it recently despatched a large rat one of our cats brought in.......

Hi Gurmot, It's a .177, Not 100% sure but I think they all were

John

Thanks John!

The sights (both) on the Cadet have both broken off and/or missing....
    The serial number looks like Bxxxxx. 1946 - 1947..!

The Airsporter does indeed have an adjustable rear sight (via a small thumbwheel) and the serial number on that one looks like Gxxxxxx.
    G Airsporter Mk1 .22 1948 - 1954.

Wow,i knew they were vintage but didn`t realise they had that much age.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I was going to stick my AGT Vulcan on SC but thought I’d get shot down by the anti gun/knife brigade, looks like there’s more airgun fans than I thought!

Good to see the Sharp Innova above, have one of those too. Could do with some work, block has all but blown apart (still works though). Mind you they must be pretty old, I’ve had mine over 30 years I’d guess.
    Hi James

I'm pretty sure that many airguns have nbeen listed in sales..

I can recall someone putting a very nice Vulcan with a walnut and a spare beech stock in a thread, I don't think I would ever sell my Vulcan Ks as they don't seem to sell for much for some reason, I paid over the top for mine as i'd never had one before!

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Interested in this, does anyone know much about an Original 177, it was a childhood toy and I still have it 35 years later. Is that a good gun? It’s in great condition after I refurbed it in my later years.
    Hi Yumma

Do you know which model it is?

I've several Original guns and can say confidently that they made some great quality guns!!

Here's one and a half Original mod45's!

And another Mod45 This one is .177" and is actually a Jubilee model, It should have panels in the forestock depictuing the factory at Rastatt in Germany along with an inset badge at the rear but they were remioved before I acquired the gun!

Here's three Original mod 50's in both calibres..

This is an Original mod35 but marked as 'Gecado' which was the trademane used for guns destined for the U.S., Australia and South Africa, It's .177"

My old Original mod50 type 01 that I sold years ago and was lucky enough to be able to buy back last year!!

And finally a normal Original mod35 in .22" cal..

Cheers, John

Master
    Hi Gurmot, It's a .177, Not 100% sure but I think they all were

John
    Mine is definitely a .22 and a powerful old thing too.

Thanks John!

The sights (both) on the Cadet have both broken off and/or missing....
    The serial number looks like Bxxxxx. 1946 - 1947..!

The Airsporter does indeed have an adjustable rear sight (via a small thumbwheel) and the serial number on that one looks like Gxxxxxx.
    G Airsporter Mk1 .22 1948 - 1954.

Wow,i knew they were vintage but didn`t realise they had that much age.

Thanks again!
    Excellent, Did you find the Knibbs site?, Very good for identifying Beesas!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Mine is definitely a .22 and a powerful old thing too.

Well, It's not often i'm right but it looks like i'm wrong again!!

Mine is losing compression through the breech seal, I'll get around to replacing it one day, They're only four quid from Knibbs + P&P

Cheers, John

Master

Hi James

I'm pretty sure that many airguns have nbeen listed in sales..

I can recall someone putting a very nice Vulcan with a walnut and a spare beech stock in a thread, I don't think I would ever sell my Vulcan Ks as they don't seem to sell for much for some reason, I paid over the top for mine as i'd never had one before!
    Hi John, different kind of Vulcan, not a Webley but a new Airgun Technology Vulcan which is a modern PCP Bullpup (prob swearing)

That's quite a good resource!!

I use John Knibbs International site

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 25th June 2019 at 09:37.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Hi John, different kind of Vulcan, not a Webley but a new Airgun Technology Vulcan which is a modern PCP Bullpup (prob swearing)
    Ahhh!

I've not heard of the model James! (I'm an old git in to old guns!! )

EDIT- Had to google images for your gun James, Have to say, I'll bet it does the job better than most!!!

John