closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I just bought the holy grail of airguns!!!

Hybrid View

I just bought the holy grail of airguns!!!

Hi all

Some of you may know that I collect airguns (as well as watches and all manner of other stuff )

Anyhow, I went and parted with a wedge of wonga and came home with a luuuurvely 84 year old icon of British gun making, a Webley Mk1 Air rifle..

There are two types of these guns, the acid etched version and the 'rolled in' text type (the text is impressed)..

Apparently, it looks as though this in only one of three still in existence with the acid etching still intact!!

some pics of the old girl..

I also have a Webley Service Mk2 rifle which was the follow on to the Mk1 but they aren't anywhere as rare..

The chap that I bought the mk1 from also has a fair few more 'oldies' that he's willing to sell so i'll be back and forth to his house as soon as I save enough :lol:

Cheers, John :)

Apprentice
    I joined this forum just to post in this thread. I don't know much about old air rifles but, yesterday I found an acid etched MKI, SN 320, in a small local gun shop in Southern California. After hours of searching on line, this thread was the most informative thing I could find on MKIs. Now for my big question, what should I do with it? After reading this, I think it's more of a museum piece than a shooter. Do repair parts exist?

I'm sure Jon will be along in a while to answer your query, he's the airgun guru.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I'm sure Jon will be along in a while to answer your query, he's the airgun guru.

Cheers Neil

I sent Greg a PM about his gun

John

Master
    I have an old Airsporter that Ive had for 40 years, it's an underleaver but it won't cock, the leaver won't go all the way home.
    Are these collectible now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    I have an old Airsporter that Ive had for 40 years, it's an underleaver but it won't cock, the leaver won't go all the way home.
    Are these collectible now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Dizz

The Airsporters are quite collectable now but the early ones (Mk1/2) and the specials (Stutzen, Centenary, Club RB etc) are the ones that everyonme wants!

It sounds like something has come adrift in your rifle, Maybe the spring broke and a bit has got jammed maybe..

If you find the serial number on your rifle make a note of the letters (Numbers don't matter) Then have a look HERE You can find out which model it is..

Then look HERE and find your model, Click on it and you'll find an exploded view to check your internals against although it may be glaingly obvious when the gun is apart as to what the problem is

John

Great to see some pics again of your fantastic collection John. So interesting to look at.

With that lot and the guitars it's a wonder you can fit in the house!

Nice way to be though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Dizz

The Airsporters are quite collectable now but the early ones (Mk1/2) and the specials (Stutzen, Centenary, Club RB etc) are the ones that everyonme wants!

It sounds like something has come adrift in your rifle, Maybe the spring broke and a bit has got jammed maybe..

If you find the serial number on your rifle make a note of the letters (Numbers don't matter) Then have a look HERE You can find out which model it is..

Then look HERE and find your model, Click on it and you'll find an exploded view to check your internals against although it may be glaingly obvious when the gun is apart as to what the problem is

John
    Hi John
    Its a 'GL / MK6 .22 - 1979-83' so probebly not woth an auful lot then?
    Im supprised at 1979 as I thought I had it a few years before that, still it was a long time ago now and I cant really remember.
    Dont think I fancy taking it apart, visions of the spring exploding into my face etc! lol

Hi all

A few more additions to the family

Vmach HW97 in .177" cal, This came to me on an ABS thumbhole stock which was superbly comfy but I had the blue laminate stock sat doing nothing, Also had the brass trigger guard spare too!, I fitted stainless steel forend screws and brass seats at the same time..

1936 BSA Break barrel, This rifle is in very good condition for the age but needs a new breech seal making as the piston is slamming in to the end of the cylinder

I wasted my money on this as it's simply 'Worn out'!, It's a Baikal MP651k, After a shot or two the mag drops out!!

BSA Supersport in .25" cal

BSA Superten

John

Master
    I see you still have the habit John! Is the 1936 BSA .22 or .177? I have the .22 and it's a fantastic gun - it recently despatched a large rat one of our cats brought in.......

Interested in this, does anyone know much about an Original 177, it was a childhood toy and I still have it 35 years later. Is that a good gun? It’s in great condition after I refurbed it in my later years.