TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christopher Ward C90

Christopher Ward C90

:-)
    Gray

Re: Christopher Ward C90

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect
    ...looking at an old, wrinkly man licking the face of a lovely young lady... makes my skin crawl. Reading about someone's new watch purchase does not.
    Better watch it or xtriple will be in here post haste... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by sijoc
    Chr. Ward watches make my skin crawl. Surely the British Invicta - I've just looked at their bestselling selection and I see obvious derivatives of (from L-R) B&R, Stauss (skymall), a chopped B&R, TAG, Marcello-C, Hamilton, Steinhart and some gold plated crap with an unknown automatic movt that looks like a 2824 so if it is, why not say so, or is it a Chinese knock-off and that's why no comment? Also the £25.00 alligator strap upgrade is very funny - really, an alligator upgrade for £25.00. Fooey. That alligator must have died a few decades ago and was last seen in a pair of well-worn shoes at the Salvation Army.
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch- ... s/men.html
    :twisted:

Your first line instantly qualifies you as clueless. Invicta shouldn't even be in the same sentence as CW. CW pieces are far and away better timepieces.

To the OP... nice pickup my friend. Enjoy! :)

Journeyman

I think my favourite thing about CW is their sale prices, they seem to offer pretty decent discounts on a number of their watches and I love a good bargain.

I would be reluctant to pay full price for one due to this though...

Quote Originally Posted by 5freddys
    Chr. Ward watches make my skin crawl. Surely the British Invicta - I've just looked at their bestselling selection and I see obvious derivatives of (from L-R) B&R, Stauss (skymall), a chopped B&R, TAG, Marcello-C, Hamilton, Steinhart and some gold plated crap with an unknown automatic movt that looks like a 2824 so if it is, why not say so, or is it a Chinese knock-off and that's why no comment? Also the £25.00 alligator strap upgrade is very funny - really, an alligator upgrade for £25.00. Fooey. That alligator must have died a few decades ago and was last seen in a pair of well-worn shoes at the Salvation Army.
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch- ... s/men.html
    :twisted:

Your first line instantly qualifies you as clueless. Invicta shouldn't even be in the same sentence as CW. CW pieces are far and away better timepieces.

To the OP... nice pickup my friend. Enjoy! :)
    :? Your opinion is better than mine? Seems like you slagged off my opinion in the same manner I slagged off CW watches. Nice logic. :roll:

Ah bless you sijoc. Living up to your avatar eh?

Not sure. It's not my avatar.

Not sure. It's not my avatar.
    'the imprisoned Cthulhu is apparently the source of constant anxiety for mankind at a subconscious level'. :wink:

Craftsman
    I quite like them, but then I can't afford to pick up a Nomos, and my knowledge is limited. I don't even know what I don't know yet.

Smile

I don't have a problem with CW watches. In fact I quite like them. A work colleague of mine has one and its a very well made watch. Congratulations on the purchase.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craigvmax View Post
    The link is still up to the vmax watch if you fancy a squizz. (its not for sale so this isnt advertising)

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/vmax200.html

Not a bad looking watch, I've never really paid any attention to Chr. Ward watch before, this one has a Tissot vibe to it.

Apprentice
    Just discovered chr!! ridiculously good value!!

Quote Originally Posted by sijoc View Post
    :? Your opinion is better than mine? Seems like you slagged off my opinion in the same manner I slagged off CW watches. Nice logic. :roll:
    Looks to me as if his opinion is no better or worse than yours... the only difference seems to be that his is informed.

Nice. Not a make I am familiar with, but very contemporary.