closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ploprof heads up

Craftsman

Ploprof heads up

Ernest Jones in Bluewater have one (well, it was there at 8pm) at £3350

Re: Ploprof heads up

Does it come with all box and papers? thats a great bargain - not sure if still available?

FMF

Craftsman

Would have thought so, its new.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by K80
    It's still there??? I saw it on Thursday and thought it would have gone by now..
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master

Great price indeed, seems like they are discounting these a lot - perhaps they are only more popular with the WIS

As someone who is interested in watches, I can totally understand why it'd still be there - they're so damn ugly! :-)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by bigmul
    As someone who is interested in watches, I can totally understand why it'd still be there - they're so damn ugly! :-)
    Somebody said a similar thing about my Bull Terrier, but I say he just looks different and well built and that's the attraction.

Master

More like just to big. The original is a weird one, looks all wrong but just seems to work on the wrist. Its a grail for loads of WIS but do they actually wear them? This seems to be the crux of the matter with the ploprof.

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by K80
    It's still there??? I saw it on Thursday and thought it would have gone by now..
    It was there Friday at 8.30PM as i looked at it. It is new, but does have a few light marks on one side, but then.......I do have OCD when it comes to watches and Cars !

Why is it still there{if it is now ?}......size is one issue, and yes it isn't that pretty, but still seems a hell of a lot of watch for the money, and it built verry well imo........so i'm not sure really.

Grand Master

Its not a bargain they are £3300 in most jewellers now inc Kingston where they said £3k cash would be fine!
    RIAC

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    Its not a bargain they are £3300 in most jewellers now inc Kingston where they said £3k cash would be fine!
    Like torture this thread :roll: ,grail it is and half what it retails :shock: im saving now and i would wear it daily and only take it off while working on the classic car.
    :mrgreen:

This thread has either saved me money or cost me money depending on how you view it!

I picked up my PloProf on mesh bracelet from Ernest Jones in Bristol today for £3300. They told me that they had sold 2 in the last week and mine made 3 so they are shifting at this more reasonable price rather than the retail price of £5800 or so.

Weirdly, they also had a pre-owned one on display at £4400, commission sale surely?

So anyone know where I can get a cheap Omega orange rubber strap to go with it?

Photos here: http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=203768

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.

Nice one fella, I have to say i'm still on the fence.......I have a Ocean7 Ploprof which looks very very similar, is thinner and alot cheaper...........but i am still considering one of these Omega's. Better make my mind up I guess or they will be gone.

Blog Entries

got mine from goldsmiths only one they had £2680
    note they had it at the old price of £4000 still on the clasp but it retails for £5500
    i tried to haggle but they was not interested :lol:

it was in the managers deals they also had the new omega speedmaster schumacher co-axial for £2000

</center>

Hi

£2680 ! :shock: well done that man....superb purchase....

All the best - Neil

I tried on one of these amazing watches a few months ago. Omega don't really do much for me, but that thing was brilliant. Anyone know the list price for a white dial on mesh? I have a friendly AD who will discount for me but I'd like to know the starting point. I think I'll go for one, the white dial being the most striking in the catalogue, if I recall correctly. Any thoughts on the white dial v black dial? Here's a picture of the one I tried on:

Craftsman

Well done, I've never seen one that cheap before, I'm sure you wn't lose any money on that if you flip it 12 months from now, I'm getting tempted to have a bit of a clear out so I can get one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NJH
    More like just to big. The original is a weird one, looks all wrong but just seems to work on the wrist. Its a grail for loads of WIS but do they actually wear them? This seems to be the crux of the matter with the ploprof.
    I own several vintage Ploprofs and wear them frequently, as do the other fans of the model I know. I agree with you about the modern edition however: too big.

Just to harp back to my post, a few posts ago, has anyone seen the white dial on mesh in the metal? It is starting to become an itch that will have to be scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie
    Just to harp back to my post, a few posts ago, has anyone seen the white dial on mesh in the metal? It is starting to become an itch that will have to be scratched.
    Yes I have, saw it in the summer of 2010 and took a few photos in the boutique. I think it looks better overall than the black but I still would be hard-pressed to pick it over the vintage blue dial.

Craftsman

Just picked mine up today from Ernest Jones in White Rose Shopping Centre Leeds - only one they had, and it was on a mesh. She says they only have two left in the company now - may or may not be true?
    Anyhow - I really like it, but doubt I will be going down to 4000 ft any time soon - perhaps they are clearing the decks in preparation of a new model the "Deep Plo Prof"

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie
    Yes I have, saw it in the summer of 2010 and took a few photos in the boutique. I think it looks better overall than the black but I still would be hard-pressed to pick it over the vintage blue dial.

Thanks. The itch is itching, that is stunning.

I picked up a black dial version this Christmas, I've never seen a white dial model before - it looks great. I think the mesh bracelet is the Ploprof's best feature, it feels nicely over-engineered and makes the bracelet on my Seamaster look flimsy!

Oh no, I'm new to this forum and the ploprof is already seeming like a good idea!

Incidentally, Bluewater do seem to provide regularish bargains of these... seen two or three in the last year I'm sure!

want one. cant afford one.