closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Excellent service from IKEA

Excellent service from IKEA

On 28 October 2011 I bought 4 Ikea Jansjo table lamps from the Ikea Wembley store - 3 black and 1 pink. The pink lamp is a Christmas present for a lady so I did not assemble it until today. Assembly is simple - fit the swan neck to the base using two screws , cover the base underside with a self adhesive rubber pad and plug the 2 pin lead into the dedicated 3 pin mains plug. However, when I opened the box to assemble the lamp the the dedicated 3 pin mains plug was missing. I cannot drive back to Wembley from Peterborough - it's too far and I no longer have the receipt. I rang Ikea Customer service and they offered to exchange the lamp via a courier but they needed the receipt which I no longer have. TCALSS I told them the date I bought the lamp and the item reference and the store location - plus the last four digits of my card number. Using that information they brought up the receipt on their system in less than 20 seconds and thus confirmed I had bought the 4 lamps on 28 October. They have arranged for a replacement lamp to be sent before Christmas.

Excellent customer service :D

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Re: Excellent service from IKEA

Great service, enabled by their good attitude and IT system. Too many shops hide behind the 'no receipt' excuse, which by law you don't need. All you need is proof of purchase and this can often be conveniently provided by your bank or credit card statement.

The Apple store will email receipts to you if you want, which is a great step forward.

Good to hear of such excellent customer service, all too rare unfortunately.

...and scarily moreish meatballs too!

Good to know, I'm quite partial to their lingonberry jam and frozen crayfish, lovely with Pilsner Uruquell, the latter one obviously :D
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

I don't know why, but I assumed a big retail outlet like IKEA would expect you to return the item to the store.

It's nice to hear about them going the extra mile.

Good stuff.

Compare that to me trying to buy a kid's scooter last night and asking for the pink one to be swapped into a nicer box because all the pink scooter boxes were damaged whereas the blue ones were all in decent condition.

The amount of fuss the young sales assistant made (about the queue being 'long'..where it had 2 ppl in it) and the re-boxing would have taken about 2 minutes ...even when we offered to re-box it and re-join the queue, it was still a bit of a chore for them.
    The assistant then went to get the manager who ruled that indeed they couldn't re-box it because it would upset the balance of boxes for both pink and blue scooters. When we told them a lot of the boxes were tagged wrong anyway e.g pink scooter in a box that had blue ticked, he still didn't seem to emerge from his inertia.

When I got a bit annoyed and said "It really isn't that difficult"..he kind of mumbled his response in agreement and buggered off sharpish. Utterly useless...why is good (or just normal) customer service so difficult in this country?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Too right but I still want a hotdog on the way out aswell!

Craftsman

Ikea is actually the company that most Swedish students wants to work for. At least here in Sweden they have very good personel and I've never had anyone give me a hard time when I've asked for help.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Good stuff.

Compare that to me trying to buy a kid's scooter last night and asking for the pink one to be swapped into a nicer box because all the pink scooter boxes were damaged whereas the blue ones were all in decent condition.

The amount of fuss the young sales assistant made (about the queue being 'long'..where it had 2 ppl in it) and the re-boxing would have taken about 2 minutes ...even when we offered to re-box it and re-join the queue, it was still a bit of a chore for them.
    The assistant then went to get the manager who ruled that indeed they couldn't re-box it because it would upset the balance of boxes for both pink and blue scooters. When we told them a lot of the boxes were tagged wrong anyway e.g pink scooter in a box that had blue ticked, he still didn't seem to emerge from his inertia.

When I got a bit annoyed and said "It really isn't that difficult"..he kind of mumbled his response in agreement and buggered off sharpish. Utterly useless...why is good (or just normal) customer service so difficult in this country?
    Where was this? Give them some publicity!

Good to hear about IKEA. For some reason they do seem to get a lot of stick. Only complaint I have is the crowds - obviously doing something right to be so popular!

Absolutely nowhere drives me quite as nuts as having to navigate that Swedish labyrinth of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper
    Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    Good stuff.

Where was this? Give them some publicity!

Good to hear about IKEA. For some reason they do seem to get a lot of stick. Only complaint I have is the crowds - obviously doing something right to be so popular!
    It was The Entertainer (toy shop) in Westfield, Stratford.

With the kind of area it is, I'm not sure many of the workers there in general are that great.

http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/3444 ... -Stratford

glad its not just me that views ( and eats) the meatballs as quality.

the bit i hate and i know why its done, is the endless meandering to get out- i am a bloke - SAS shopping- in, bam/buy, and out- i dont do wandering....

TT

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    On 28 October 2011 I bought 4 Ikea Jansjo table lamps from the Ikea Wembley store - 3 black and 1 pink. The pink lamp is a Christmas present for a lady so I did not assemble it until today. Assembly is simple - fit the swan neck to the base using two screws , cover the base underside with a self adhesive rubber pad and plug the 2 pin lead into the dedicated 3 pin mains plug. However, when I opened the box to assemble the lamp the the dedicated 3 pin mains plug was missing. I cannot drive back to Wembley from Peterborough - it's too far and I no longer have the receipt. I rang Ikea Customer service and they offered to exchange the lamp via a courier but they needed the receipt which I no longer have. TCALSS I told them the date I bought the lamp and the item reference and the store location - plus the last four digits of my card number. Using that information they brought up the receipt on their system in less than 20 seconds and thus confirmed I had bought the 4 lamps on 28 October. They have arranged for a replacement lamp to be sent before Christmas.

Excellent customer service :D

dunk

The replacement lamp arrived today by courier :-)

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Too right but I still want a hotdog on the way out aswell!
    That's Swedish dessert!