closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jean Richard?

Journeyman

Jean Richard?

Anyone know anything about them? Understand that they're associated with/the company as Girard Perregaux but don't know much more than that.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Giles

Re: Jean Richard?

They seem to be fully independent, developing their own in house movements and all that. Take a look at their site here:

http://www.jeanrichard.com/#/la-manufacture

and here:

http://www.jeanrichard.com/#/l-heritage

Lovely watches, terrible residuals. The brand is virtually invisible in th uk. You need to pick them up at a very big discount, s/h or make sure it's a keeper.

Their Aquascope is a very cool looking retro diver. I might give 300 quid for one but I bet their prices start at 10x that? :mrgreen:

As stated, depreciation is huge, but I have owned a few inc a Flyback chrono( modded 7750) and was very impressed with the quality, comfort and overall presence of the peice.

Price is subjective as always, are you happy to pay £2000 for an Omega etc because it will have a better resale value as opposed to the JR, or because you think the Omega is worth it and the JR is not.

Mine were all bought 2nd hand and the prices were good
    If you like the style, and are happy with the price you are paying then I expect you will not be disappointed.

K

Journeyman

Fitrovia asking £2,695 for the one above (42mm in Rose Gold) which seems like a bit of a bargain if the calibre is good.

Used to be called Daniel Jean Richard and dropped the 'Daniel' when they were bought by GP. They have Giacomo 'Ago' Agostini as a brand ambassador, which is no bad thing.

Jean Richard?

I owned a DJR in steel with a cream dial and blackened brequet hands. Dial similar to the one above with black Arabic numerals. Display back showing a well finished Unitas hand winding movement with swan neck regulator - all for a few hundred pounds second hand.

Buy at the right price and they are great value for money.
    Gray

Master

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Buy at the right price and they are great value for money.
    Absolutely.
    I have a DJR Martini Racing Chronograph that I absolutely love, a cracking watch and I love the fact it's different.

I'd prefer a G.P, preowned.

Such good value for money.

I'm a fan but would only buy pre-owned because of the residual prices.

I talked my boss into buying one ......he's "as tight as" and wanted a half decent auto watch........think he picked up a cracker at c 300 quid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming

I talked my boss into buying one ......he's "as tight as" and wanted a half decent auto watch........think he picked up a cracker at c 300 quid
    Blimey, where are these Jean Richard in the low hundreds? Most of the ones I've seen (eBay, forums) have been in high hundreds or thousands.

Master

^^ My DJR was low hundreds and came from SC, it admittedly had no B or Ps though.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming

Blimey, where are these Jean Richard in the low hundreds? Most of the ones I've seen (eBay, forums) have been in high hundreds or thousands.

It was from eBay in 2009 .........it was a jr chronograph , c39mm , box and papers

Mine came, and left, through SC.

When DJR decided to drop the Daniel there seemed to be a lot of stock needing shifting with the old logo so, IIRC, they were available at easily 50% of RRP (and they werent that expensive then) - second hand dropped a bit further. The JR range was tweaked a bit and new models were quite a bit more expensive. Of course many with a DJR are going to try to realise JR prices when they sell on.

This is like the one I had http://www.chronophage.com/l_bdd_mon....php?Fiche=519 - I think I sold it for about £450.
    Gray

Blog Entries

Ah yes, prices have risen for Jean Richards (as with everything else watch-related). About 300-400% inflation in three years or so.