closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electronic Cigarettes

Electronic Cigarettes

Does anyone use these? Do you have any good places on line that do decent starter kits?

Re: Electronic Cigarettes

They were doing a big promo outside Victoria Station a couple of months ago...not sure if they are still there.

Craftsman

I bought a nicocig ecig from tesco pharmacy a few weeks ago. £39.99 for two, with a USB charger and a pack of cartridges. They are about a fiver for 60 cigarettes worth of replacement cartridges so are far cheaper than real fags.

It is fantastic, After using this....i really dont know why people bother smoking proper fags

details here
    http://www.nicocig.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    It is fantastic, After using this....i really dont know why people bother smoking proper fags

details here
    OK, I'll trust you. Just ordered a pack myself. :)

Grand Master

two guys I work with use them, they look right knobs using them but i guess its better than the real thing
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    two guys I work with use them, they look right knobs using them but i guess its better than the real thing
    Thats OK, I already look like a Knob :bigsmurf:

Grand Master

Just be discrete using it, the fellas at my place smoke them like a fine cigarello with all the movements too
    RIAC

Thanks for the link, i will read up on nicocig.

thanks that's a stocking filler for the wife, she's been going on about these, and I didnt know what one to go for

Master

Been using them for 7 months now, and stopped smoking rollies altogether after 2 weeks. Some of the plastic cig-alikes are OK, but the claims about the number of fags you get from a pack of cartridges are often OTT.

Try a cig-alike first. If you need more nicotine hit or flavour/vapour, don't despair. There are plenty of much more satisfying devices out there.
    Visit ukvapers.com for advice on buying and using e-cigs.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by feenix1363

details here
    Good man. I would be keen to know how you get on.

I would agree that it looks a bit twattish smoking one in public, so I tend to use mine away in private... saying that, I never really smoked proper cigs in public either as the cool smoker image has long departed, I would be embarrassed to be seen walking down the street with a fag hanging out of my trap

....in fact, they are so good, even if they were shaped like Cocks, I would still rather an ecig than a lung murdering cancer stick

Master
    Blog Entries

No one interested in a box of cubans then?

Smoke....or don't smoke. why bother kidding yourself!! Is it me?

Quote Originally Posted by feenix1363

details here
    Good man. I would be keen to know how you get on.

I would agree that it looks a bit twattish smoking one in public, so I tend to use mine away in private... saying that, I never really smoked proper cigs in public either as the cool smoker image has long departed, I would be embarrassed to be seen walking down the street with a fag hanging out of my trap

....in fact, they are so good, even if they were shaped like Cocks, I would still rather an ecig than a lung murdering cancer stick

A bit too much information i think :lol:

I don't smoke but I was in a business meeting the other day with a client and he was smoking one of these electronic fags.

I noticed that when he spoke a load of stuff/vapour/dust/mist (I guess it was not smoke) came out of his gob. What was that? How do these things work? I was amazed by it and wanted to ask him about it but didn't.

Master

It's basically water vapour. E-cigs heat up a small amount of propyliene glycol or vegetable glycerine, which combines with water from the air to generate the vapour. Same basic principle as a fog/"smoke" machine. The liquid also contains a small amount of nicotine (up to 3%), and some flavourings.

Blowing "smoke" is one of the reasons why these devices work for so many people. The brain is fooled into thinking that you are smoking a fag. To many, the visual stimulus of the vapour is more important than the nicotine.

Just a quick update as I promised;

I've not touched a tobacco cigarette since taking delivery of my first Nicocig. Although I already had the Nicocig I also had an offer emailed to me for the UK based Skycig and subsequently placed an order with them as well. The package design is much improved with the Skycig offering, as are the range of flavours. Both types of 'cartomisers' are refillable and there are plenty of 'how-to' guides on Youtube.

Skycig also supply optional blue tipped batteries, which they describe as public area friendly. A good idea imho.

I think ultimately it comes down to personal preference which you choose, either work for me but the convenience of the plastic re-charger pack give sky cigs the edge. I'm used to carry around a packet of fags, I've done so for the past 30+years after all.

Since making the change I've found that I can manage without tobacco cigarettes and intend to do so. E-cigs have no proven health issues to date. And my chest feels lighter with less catarrh.

http://www.nicocig.co.uk

http://www.skycig.co.uk