closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedy 105.003-65 on the bay..

Speedy 105.003-65 on the bay..

What's your thoughts on this guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180763789543? ... _1734wt_90

I quite like the idea of a project.. I saw a genuine bezel go for around 150, I'm guessing a visit to sts would be 600-700..

not sure if the hands are right for this model?

So if it stays around 1k it would be a 2k project.. is this reasonable for a 105.003?

Thanks

Re: Speedy 105.003-65 on the bay..

It's still got 3 days left on it, so I guess it'll rise by quite a bit more. No bracelet either, so that'll obviously be quite a bit if you want the original style and not an 1171.

I've no idea how much a bezel would go for, but if you're really up for it as a project, then why not? STS do a lovely rebuild, and the prices aren't bad either.

Ash

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by AshUK
    It's still got 3 days left on it, so I guess it'll rise by quite a bit more.
    Having been watching these for a while, that's my impression too.
    Any 'straight lugs' examples whether they have any reference to 321 or 105-003* or not that are left up for the full 7 days tend to take a big leap in the last couple of seconds.

* By this I mean there are plenty of people happy to 'take the punt' on case pictures alone. There have been a couple with later casebacks and later hands recently that have still gone for good money.

Unless you can snag a Buy It Now example underpriced in the first three minutes of listing I don't think the risk of buying a project on eBay is worth it right now.
    I'm saving up :lol: :roll: for the next decent one on SC. There have been some fantastic examples, with beautiful aged lume on here in the past few years.

The one you have listed looks as if all the lume has been lost/removed.
    Anyone got any examples of dial relumes by STS?

Quote Originally Posted by AshUK
    No bracelet either, so that'll obviously be quite a bit if you want the original style and not an 1171.
    I dont think a 1171 would fit at 20mm as these have 19mm lugs. Of course, I suppose you could modify the end links.
    Personally I've got a very patient, boxed JB Champion mesh sitting here waiting to be matched to a '64 Ed White :lol:

I also picked up another 'dot over 90' tachymetre/bezel insert last week.
    Were these different sizes for the 105-003 and later 105-012's etc?
    Some of these aren't going cheap.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-OMEGA ... 2a15e463b5

Can you buy the metal part seperately? There seem to be a lot more Speedies showing up in the 'Kurtz style' sans Tachy.

be wary 321 parts are not available from Omega so any rusted beyond repair or missing parts will need a donor movement. Not easy to find or cheap!

Personally i wouldnt be bidding on that.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays
    be wary 321 parts are not available from Omega so any rusted beyond repair or missing parts will need a donor movement. Not easy to find or cheap!

Ah I wasn't aware of this, will steer clear! Thanks for the heads up.

NIce idea as a project but the fact he says the movement needs a repair would put me off.
    One day I will come across a nice one of these...

The going rate for a . over 90?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Omega ... 493wt_1185

Movement service, ££££££ and it'll probably be away for months ( and that's assuming it don't need parts :shock: ) fantail sweep hand? 1035/39 bracelet £300+, re lume, and that HAS to be done properly, £££££, plexi? case re finish?

No papers or box either.

I love it :drunken: Just how they show up at the carboot!

Quote Originally Posted by bongo
    The going rate for a . over 90?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Omega ... 493wt_1185

Movement service, ££££££ and it'll probably be away for months ( and that's assuming it don't need parts :shock: ) fantail sweep hand? 1035/39 bracelet £300+, re lume, and that HAS to be done properly, £££££, plexi? case re finish?

No papers or box either.

I love it :drunken: Just how they show up at the carboot!
    Yeah it would be a big pricey project but in some respects if you're after one its not a bad way to do it.. personally I don't mind the wait and I enjoy the hunt, so I would be happy to just get it finished during a year to 18 months or something..

I don't really know enough about these early speedmasters, once I learn I guess I will have a better understanding of the costs etc.

Thanks for the info.

jesus over 600 notes for a speedy bezel, they must have been on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by bongo
    I know BIN 'auctions' aren't a reflection of "the going rate" but this one with a bit of expected sabi was a clear 600 notes cheaper than my previous example :twisted:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260900862369? ... 1439.l2649

Recently a good example all there, sold by a seller not knowing what he was selling but with good pics, and stated as recently serviced went for £1700 ish, i just missed it!!

But this could be a good project, if you found a replacement bezel then defo, hands look fair to me, but hard to say, best of luck..

Doug

Bloody Hell Ian'

I've bought Speedmaster's for that!

You got a straight lug yet mate?

Anyway, here's something the winners gonna need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-SPEEDMA ... 500wt_1202

...it never rains...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/omega-speedma ... 500wt_1202

I'm going to stop commenting.

My entire eBay watch list is beginning to be revealed in this thread :evil: :lol:

No straight lugs yet mate. What's your boot sale finders fee? :wink:

Only joshin' mate, even I've never found one of these at the bootsale..............yet :wink:

Just to make it a bit worse for ya, without a shadow of doubt, my Ed is the most comfortable and coolest watch I've ever worn :D On vintage 19mm thin calfskin to boot, as IMHO, the flatlink bracelet's too rattly and is too much for the watch. Btw, bearing in mind I tried on a beautifully patina'd 1971 red Sub on Saturday :shock: that's saying something.

Good Hunting :)

Ok ok.. enough teasing :evil:

Well it went for £1678 in the end. IMO I don't think that appears to be a too bad price.

Another auction I was watching that amazed me was this dial: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350509909599? ... 1438.l2649

Am I right in thinking thats the same dial that came with the 105.003-65 we were talking about? If so that puts it in to perspective, confirming the 105.003 was not a bad deal.

Maybe I'm missing something.. still learning the ropes with these early speedies..

Quote Originally Posted by rapid
    Well it went for £1678 in the end. IMO I don't think that appears to be a too bad price.
    Not as crazy a price as I thought it might go for considering recent examples but still, factoring in whatever you want to do with it, not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by rapid
    Another auction I was watching that amazed me was this dial: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350509909599? ... 1438.l2649
    :lol: This was the auction I came back to this thread to quote.
    I hope someone is not trying to build a Speedmaster from scratch and bought the £600 tachymetre and then this dial. They've got a long way to go if they are.
    Probably would work out cheaper to just buy the US$99,000 one :twisted: