closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Xbox Live fraud - not happy

Master

Xbox Live fraud - not happy

I recently read about a phishing scam promising free xbox live points which was in fact pinching people's account details. Anyway, I didn't click one of these so called sites but got an email on Sunday stating a new email account had been added to my xbox live account. I thought it was a scam so deleted it. Anyway, logged into online banking today and noticed 4-5 seperate transactions amounting to over £100 has been taken over the last two days :x :x Have phoned xbox live about it who have locked my account and are investigating.

So, a heads up - please check your bank and xbox live accounts to make sure this hasn't happened, and I assume to change your password. If I got hold of whoever has done this....

Master

Re: Xbox Live fraud - not happy

And I have been hit again for £51 on another account that I forgot was linked to my Live account. Now had over £150 taken, so please check your accounts and change your Live passwords etc! Had to cancel my cards etc which is a flipping hassle :x

Thank you for the info. Will check mine this weekend.

I pay by Ye Olde Scratchcard Code for this very reason - you can't trust them with your Card Details!

Master

I might do this too actually, lost confidence in Microsoft protecting my details. Do you buy a gold card for £5.99 and type in a code each month?

Thanks for the heads up, I have an old xbox account that i havent used in years. I am going to have check and make sure it isn't active anymore.

Thanks for the info.

I've just told my nephew about this. He told me not to worry since he's already over his overdraft limit there's nothing there to scam. :roll:

Students. :?

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM
    I might do this too actually, lost confidence in Microsoft protecting my details. Do you buy a gold card for £5.99 and type in a code each month?

Or buy the one year card!

I removed my details years ago as they automatically try and take the money to renew your membership.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by minkle

I removed my details years ago as they automatically try and take the money to renew your membership.
    Good plan :lol: Will sort this soon as my account is open again, currently suspended while they investigate...

Quote Originally Posted by minkle

What he said ^^ - you can get the Annual Card for around £35.

Point to note though - I couldn't use my old username/account (from my credit card payment) when I switched to Scratchcard/Code. I had to set up a new account, so think twice if you have loads of Acheivements and want to keep them.

Can't remember what happens to any DLC too (if you change username) - I didn't have any, so it wasn't an issue.

Pay by Scratch/code card for MS points too.

Craftsman

This is why I never link my cards to either my Xbox or PS3.

As mentioned above, you can buy everything via Points cards and 9/10 times you can get those cheaper than paying via the console itself.

If you need some pointers on the best places to get those or the 12 Month Subscription cards then let me know.

This is a bit worrying, I've recently been bought an Xbox for Xmas and have set up an online account ready for forza 4 online.

Master

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm another who pays with the annual card :)

Anyone on here play Test Drive UnLimited 2 :?: :?:

Also looking at getting Forza 4 and Need for Speed - The Run in the next few weeks - depending on what Santa brings me :wink:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrBond
    Thanks for the heads up, but I'm another who pays with the annual card :)

Anyone on here play Test Drive UnLimited 2 :?: :?:

Also looking at getting Forza 4 and Need for Speed - The Run in the next few weeks - depending on what Santa brings me :wink:
    I bought TD2 cheap, but thought it was terrible, no where near as good as the first. Bought Batman AA with the refund.

I'd just go for Forza and skip TD2