closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple express users

Banned

Apple express users

Are you happy with this? Is it worth buying?

I'm wanting to use it in one room only to bridge the iPad/phone and my amp (already use a dock but the thought of being able to use the source as remote appeals hugely!)

Master

Re: Apple express users

I have one... very good.

If you decide to go for one let me know as im about to sell mine... my new amp has airplay built in so no need for it!

+1....so good, I bought three! :D

Craftsman

i'm using Airport Express for my downstairs dock at the moment and it works very good, i'm thinking of sticking one on my upstairs dock too.

Master

I've got two of them, using my iMac as the source, and the iPad as a remote. The only niggle is with the iPad remote app. If you enable power saving, it loses it's place, and goes back to the main app menu when you wake it up. Shame there isn't an option to dim the screen, but keep the app running.

Heard some people have had trouble with set up but mine works great, using it with sonos to stream music from my iPhone and iPad.

I have two. I use them to extend the range of my TimeCapsule's wifi networks as well as for AirPlay to two different sound sources. I also use one of them to provide a network connection to my bu-ray player via an ethernet cable. I've been very happy with them.

An additional use case is to provide a wifi network when you're away from home, for example at a hotel.

Works great. I only got rid of mine because Apple TV serves the same purpose (streaming choonz to my living room).

Ours is great, once we worked out that with the latest firmware it can struggle with mixed WPA/WPA2 passwords.

It spends 10 months a year doing wireless printing and providing an Airplay speaker, the rest of the time it provides a WiFi** connection from the ethernet broadband connection when we're on holiday.

** We set it up with the same SSID & password as our home connection so there's no need to setup another Wifi connection on iPhones etc.

Got one, works great.