Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 4429

Thread: The random disclosure thread.

Master
    ^^ ^^

So close, yet so far...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    I wish I was able to post in SC rather than run the gauntlet with eBay and give them a fair chunk of change for the experience. Search my username same on eBay if you would like to save me the hassle and make an offer.

[crosses fingers that this won't be me banned!!]

Might have to go the other undesirable route and post on WUS :-(
    They're all too expensive for here, plus, as a dealer, you'd need to pay into the charity pot. Stick with eBay.

Thanks I think??

They wouldn't be that price on here... and I'm no dealer as far as I know! Although I would of course contribute to the charity if that's the norm for collectors who flip regularly. I'm waiting patiently... honestly:-)

I wish I was able to post in SC rather than run the gauntlet with eBay and give them a fair chunk of change for the experience. Search my username same on eBay if you would like to save me the hassle and make an offer.

[crosses fingers that this won't be me banned!!]

Might have to go the other undesirable route and post on WUS :-(
    You are selling nothing but watches? Hopeless case, if you had read the SC rules you would know that it is mandatory to sell one off-topic item for every watch-related sales post. Looking forward to all the tactical rucksacks, socks and torches hitting SC as soon as you have hit 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You are selling nothing but watches? Hopeless case, if you had read the SC rules you would know that it is mandatory to sell one off-topic item for every watch-related sales post. Looking forward to all the tactical rucksacks, socks and torches hitting SC as soon as you have hit 250.
    Rules are clear... I get it... Was being a wee bit cheeky... I've got a garage load of cycling related stuff waiting for the day;-) Seriously if this is out of order I'll delete my post (or the mods can do their thing). I still think this is a great forum.

Blog Entries
    I have to cook a large and complicated dinner but what I really want to do is go to sleep.

Rules are clear... I get it... Was being a wee bit cheeky... I've got a garage load of cycling related stuff waiting for the day;-) Seriously if this is out of order I'll delete my post (or the mods can do their thing). I still think this is a great forum.

The fact that you have declared your intention to use Sales Corner as soon as you become eligible, coupled with the fact that you think that we have "Mods" (plural) can only lead to the conclusion that you are here for the wrong reason.

Good luck with any sales.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks I think??

They wouldn't be that price on here... and I'm no dealer as far as I know! Although I would of course contribute to the charity if that's the norm for collectors who flip regularly. I'm waiting patiently... honestly:-)

Only my opinion of course but your eBay feedback suggests a dealer to me, not a collector, but hey, it's not me you need to convince!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Typical, isn't it? You take your eye off them for 10 seconds, and they go and change stuff.

The Paris - Dakar rally, which runs (in my mind) from Paris in France to Dakar in Senegal, was this year run between Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina and Valparaíso, Chile. The last time the rally ended in Dakar was 2007, and it has been run in South America since 2008. It's just called the Dakar these days.
    Haha, I'm equally surpised to hear of this!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Only my opinion of course but your eBay feedback suggests a dealer to me, not a collector, but hey, it's not me you need to convince!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    The fact that you have declared your intention to use Sales Corner as soon as you become eligible, coupled with the fact that you think that we have "Mods" (plural) can only lead to the conclusion that you are here for the wrong reason.

Good luck with any sales.
    Do you not think these conclusions are a little unfair? In relation to SC and WTB I've helped people with bits they were looking for - and been helped myself. I've purchased watches from people at asking price without trying to screw them out of a fiver here and there. And I've sold to members that I've bought from too. All good experiences...

Ive just got too many watches incoming right now, so a clear out is in order. I'm attempting to focus and establish a very modest collection. And to have some banter along the way with some like minded souls and no other reason... that's all. It just happens that I'd rather sell to UK based folk 'in the know' rather than eBay buyers who can be good and bad.

Two of those watches I purchased here and and am only listing for the price I paid plus a little to cover the eBay fees so I hopefully recoup what I laid out on both. I've never sold a watch for more than I've paid (or spent on it) to my knowledge. More often as with most people I lose out on each flip - which is fine by me.

I don't see how my eBay feedback betrays me as a secret dealer? I have deliberately kept all my usernames the same on all forums and eBay. It is very transparent if I buy / sell a watch on eBay or elsewhere I think.

I've retracted my own post from earlier as it was misguided on my part it seems. No need to ostracise me for it.

Too late. Your earlier "misguided" post was quoted by others.

20+ watch related sales on eBay so far this year? I can see that you'd want to save on their fees.

I reiterate my point that you seem to have misjudged what the Forum is for, as evidenced by your comment on "mods". This is a discussion forum for watch enthusiasts, which happens to have a Sales Corner. It isn't a fee-free sales forum which happens to have a discussion area.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Blog Entries
    20+ watch related sales on eBay so far this year?
    I'm not taking sides in this dispute but that that doesn't seem like many to me. Common or garden flipperitis, perhaps....

Too late. Your earlier "misguided" post was quoted by others.

20+ watch related sales on eBay so far this year? I can see that you'd want to save on their fees.

I reiterate my point that you seem to have misjudged what the Forum is for, as evidenced by your comment on "mods". This is a discussion forum for watch enthusiasts, which happens to have a Sales Corner. It isn't a fee-free sales forum which happens to have a discussion area.
    I'm sure you are a decent sort... but with respect, you are now coming across [from my perspective] as a moderator. You have clearly done some homework and outed me as a dealer. To expand on this my 20+ watch related sales includes about 6 watches (I don't count them tbh) and the rest spare parts and straps moved on for peanuts. Not that 20+ watch sales necessarily makes somebody a dealer in any case. In need of help - maybe - but a dealer no!

I've got absolutely nothing to hide. I've apologised and I've explained my situation - not that I have to - and I'm not the only person with a few too many in the box so to speak. If you are that bothered about people being a bit too keen on using SC why don't you ask Eddie for it to be enabled only to those who are deemed enthusiasts - by invitation only or something.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Common or garden flipperitis, perhaps....
    Guilty as charged :-) I'm trying to address it too... but so very hard to control. I only flip to hide the extent of the madness that would otherwise be apparent. Royal Mail and several international couriers do very well as a result of my sickness, as do HMRC.

Banned
    If you are that bothered about people being a bit too keen on using SC why don't you ask Eddie for it to be enabled only to those who are deemed enthusiasts - by invitation only or something.
    Eddie has enabled a system, whereby, those with 250 posts and 6 months membership can sell.

You'll never guess what though. Some members flirt around other sub forums, hinting and the likes, because they don't like the rules.

Funny old place

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Eddie has enabled a system, whereby, those with 250 posts and 6 months membership can sell.

You'll never guess what though. Some members flirt around other sub forums, hinting and the likes, because they don't like the rules.

Funny old place
    Makes me laugh Burnsey :-)

I think I already coughed to that, but what I thought was a harmless bending of the rules ended up with some assumption that I'm some kind of dealer - by which I guess could be defined as trading with the primary goal of making profit. Which is not my intention by any means.

I now feel bad for cluttering the thread with this exchange:-( I'm sure it has entertained somebody along the way.

I for one do not feel entertained.

Now duck off.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Typical, isn't it? You take your eye off them for 10 seconds, and they go and change stuff.

The Paris - Dakar rally, which runs (in my mind) from Paris in France to Dakar in Senegal, was this year run between Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina and Valparaíso, Chile. The last time the rally ended in Dakar was 2007, and it has been run in South America since 2008. It's just called the Dakar these days.

The rally was cancelled in 2008 due to safety concerns in Mauritania, following the murder of four French tourists and terrorist threats against the event.

"In previous years, the race had also gone through Mali, but it had already been excluded this year when the west African country's foreign ministry warned of instability in the region."

"Before the start of the race, rally director Étienne Lavigne had approved the Mauritanian legs only after two stages planned for Mali were scrapped. An Al-Qaeda affiliate organization was blamed for the cancellation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Dakar_Rally

Blog Entries
    Be decisive: Do not dither.

I've just discovered that I love Jack Daniels. Hic.

My youngest step daughter passed her driving test today. Three down, none to go. Maybe I'll be able to start saving some money now!

Last week I turned 50. This week I got a new shed. I can't wait for next week...

Banned
    Tomorrow will be my last day of work.

Congratulations for tomorrow burnsey66

wooooooot
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

So we'll be able to enjoy the wit and wisdom of burnsey66 24/7 from now on.

I can almost see no problem with that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    So we'll be able to enjoy the wit and wisdom of burnsey66 24/7 from now on.

I can almost see no problem with that.
    Unfortunately, it will coincide with me logging off for a while.

Retirement...redundancy....dismissal? Temporary or permanent? Glad or sad?

He's going to take a dump in the bosses desk drawer.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Retirement...redundancy....dismissal? Temporary or permanent? Glad or sad?
    Retirement (ish). Second go, but will keep a hand in, or up if I'm lucky. Happy, but unsure. I'm already phenomenal at golf.

Retirement (ish). Second go, but will keep a hand in, or up if I'm lucky. Happy, but unsure. I'm already phenomenal at golf.
    Well it's the right time of year. I usually think about it in spring. Doesn't seem such a good idea in October though...unless you have a bolt hole/mansion a bit further south, which I don't. Good luck with it. They tell me it's great if you get it right.

Journeyman
    Deciding if I should stay or leave my job. Decisions decisions

Unfortunately, it will coincide with me logging off for a while.
    Our loss is golfing's gain?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Our loss is golfing's gain?
    Dogging is top of the agenda.

Good man. I'd hate to see you waste your retirement entirely on Werthers Originals and comfy cardies.

Mmmmmmmm......... Bombay Mix

Had none of my 5 a Day... I'll have a Donner Keebab for 5 of something!

i very nearly once ran over stephen hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    i very nearly once ran over stephen hawkins
    He once nearly ran over me. In waitrose.

did he apologise? i didnt, i just drove off

It's the first recital I've been to in some time where half the audience were enviously eyeing up the coffin-dodger with the hearing aid - at least he had the option of turning the thing off. He clearly was even wiser though, because he fecked off at the interval.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    I bought another Seiko!!!!5th this year...

Blog Entries
    I'm at a networking event in London tonight. I have images of nerds with LAN cables. Do I have to bring my own ?

z

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who gets emails from watchtime.net. This is the first one I've noticed from this unfortunately named gentleman.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Journeyman
    2 options to get home. Nice and fast via the motorway, or a more spirited drive via back/A roads. Choices, choices, choices ....

Ashy mining bees in my lawn.

Blog Entries
    Swedish tilting trains are very nice, very quick, on time, but make me feel a bit queasy

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Swedish tilting trains are very nice, very quick, on time, but make me feel a bit queasy

z

I don't think that too many Swedes would share your comment about the trains being on time. Especially during the winter, the X2000 is often critisised for its long delays and every now and then traffic breaks down completely.

My wee smells of corned beef whenever I eat the stuff. It's very noticeable.

Does this happen to anybody else ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy View Post
    My wee smells of corned beef whenever I eat the stuff. It's very noticeable.

Does this happen to anybody else ?

No.

Have you tried not eating corned beef?