closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedbird 3 crown and tube

Speedbird 3 crown and tube

Hello all

This is my first post, i've been looking in on this forum for a feww months now and eventually decided to join. Back in April i bought my first watch from Timefactors a Speedbird 3 prs22, ivory dial No 223, "wow" what a watch, the quality is unbelievable.
    The detailing of this watch is beautiful, from the quality of the case and its finely brushed surfafce which carries on throughout the bracelet, with its screwed links which fits my wrist perfectly. Then the quality carries on beneath the surface something which none watch lovers don't seem to understand (i try my hardest to educate them).
    Now this is where i need a little advice, when i first bought my watch the crown seemed to screw quite a long way on to the tube with quite few turns, now it only seems to take a few turns and thats it, also when the crown is fully unscrewed it doesn't pull out to the second click as smooth as it first did. I would like to wear this watch all day every day, but due to how nice it is i tend to wear it after work and weakends, so i'm constantly unscrewing the crown to handwind it to keep it going, do you think i may have cross threaded the crown or tube and if so is this a costly repair.

Master

Re: Speedbird 3 crown and tube

I had the same work done on my PRS14 (which had been beadblasted by a previous owner), soon after I got it from Sales Corner the crown would not screw in at all. On Eddie's advice I sent it back to Fricker in Germany and the work was carried out for about 60 Euros.

Thanks for the reply Ianan, as the drown still screws down so far i,ll try and live with it for now.

Re: Speedbird 3 crown and tube update

The threads have now completely gone and the crown wont screw down at all, i've decided to send the watch for repair, it will be hard to live without it though.

Ps does anyone have any idea how much to expect the repair to cost.

Master

As above it was 60 Euros plus posting the watch to Fricker in Germany when I had my PRS-14 done. Contact your repairer and they should be able to give you an estimate.

hey, if the sb3 is still under warranty, get in touch with Roland Kemmner, the producer, he's really really good.

Just received my watch back from the manufactures, the crown once again screws down smoothly. Lesson learnt must take more care when operating the crown.

Big thanks to Eddie for all his help.

Grand Master

glad it worked out ok, would you mind giving me a heads up on the costs?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!