TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favourite Polo shirt brand??

Uniqlo more recently. Good pricing.

Craftsman
    Gant and Hackett

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I always have to try on whatever I buy from Ralph as everything fits different to the last item even if they are supposedly the same cut!
    I'm quite fond of Rugby polo shirts myself, I find the cut to be really good and as they're made by Ralph Lauren quality is ok too.
    The girl in the Ralph Lauren section of Meadowhall House of Faser made out that it was just me... I suspect that she was making it up as she went along though.

Blog Entries
    Lacoste, all the way. Very happy with quality and look :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    Lacoste, all the way. Very happy with quality and look :-)
    I was going to buy a polo from the Lacoste shop last week and when I tried it on I was very dissapointed with the quality of it.
    If I wasn't in a kosher shop/shopping centre I would have thought it was a fake!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Ralph Lauren black label are relly nice and thin - a smart polo for meals etc

Got a couple of Gucci ones too which are nice but they're hand wash only :(

Master
    Exiled in the Land that time forgot - Yorkshire
    Lacoste for me, but always stock up on Ralph Lauren custom fit when in the States

My latest is from Crew Clothing, which seems pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    I was going to buy a polo from the Lacoste shop last week and when I tried it on I was very dissapointed with the quality of it.
    If I wasn't in a kosher shop/shopping centre I would have thought it was a fake!
    No issues with mine as far as I'm concerned....

I switched from Hilfiger as they really were crap - quality wise.

Perhaps I just picked up a couple of bad ones,but they felt really thin compared to my Boss & Ralph Lauren ones,I have had Lacoste ones in years gone bye and remembered them as really good,I might go to a different shop and try again because I do quite fancy one again.

Craftsman

Massive decline in Tommy Hilfiger quality over the last decade.

I don't wear Polo shirts, but for any type of clothing it is almost impossible to judge the quality by the brand name now days. Manufacturing is outsourced to China, Pakistan, Indonesia etc and the quality control is variable to say the least. I have heard of some trusted brand names rebadging clothing to make it appear manufactured at home rather than abroad (sounds familiar to a WIS doesn't it?) so now is the time to ditch those brand names and buy on quality (if that's what matters to you).

As for the Ralph Lauren fans, only the top of the range (Purple label?) stuff is made in Italy; everything else is made in China (I believe). There was a recent controversy over the RL designed USA Olympic team uniforms. Turns out they were all made in China...

Vivienne Westwood, stone island, Lacoste, Armani, versace, prada. I have loads but don't have a specific favourite brand just certain ones for shopping or out on the lash depending on quality and fit

The best I've tried are Weird Fish and Wolsley. they both wear well and last forever. both 100% cotton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Perhaps I just picked up a couple of bad ones,but they felt really thin compared to my Boss & Ralph Lauren ones,I have had Lacoste ones in years gone bye and remembered them as really good,I might go to a different shop and try again because I do quite fancy one again.
    The thing is.... they are supposed to feel light, at least the standard ones as that's Lacoste's "speciality" - of course there are different cuts. But in my experience that doesn't mean they are low quality, no issues at all and I wear them practically every day.
    The other thing I really like about those Polos is that they're made in the EU (France), at least most of them (didn't see one from elsewhere so far).

Hilfiger got quite crappy indeed over the last few years - not worth their price at all anymore.

Brooks Brothers Slim Fit for me, wear them for work every day. Very well made and some very nice colours