closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster running slow

Speedmaster running slow

Hi fellas

My 2 year old Speedy Pro is running about 30secs slow per day. :( How much would I be looking to pay to get it regulated and roughly how long does it take?

Many thanks

Re: Speedmaster running slow

This is something i am interested in also, i have no idea on the costs of servicing a Speedy, i cant see it taking along time to do but who knows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
    Hi fellas

My 2 year old Speedy Pro is running about 30secs slow per day. :( How much would I be looking to pay to get it regulated and roughly how long does it take?

Many thanks

Master

Assuming it's out of warranty, Omega will insist on doing a full service, charge you the best part of £300, and it will probably take several weeks.
    If there isn't anything wrong with the movement and it only needs regulating, I've had this done at an Independent such as Goldtime For as little as £20 and it's been back in a fortnight.

Thats actually seems like a fair price from Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar
    Assuming it's out of warranty, Omega will insist on doing a full service, charge you the best part of £300, and it will probably take several weeks.
    If there isn't anything wrong with the movement and it only needs regulating, I've had this done at an Independent such as Goldtime For as little as £20 and it's been back in a fortnight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSK007
    Thats actually seems like a fair price from Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar
    Sure, but it's a bit quick after just two years :)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Thanks for the repies :)

Anyone know of a good Independent watch repairer in and around North Wales?

Google "Ryte Time", I know it's not Wales, but I have sent watches to Steve in the past for regulation and I believe it was about £7 plus return shipping

Mark

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

A decent test that point's toward a service is when you wind the watch does it feel gritty as a appose to smooth ,but as others have already pointed out 2yrs is a bit early for a service ,so more than likely wants regulating.

i've just sent my po chorno to omega they,ve quoted me £390.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky
    Google "Ryte Time", I know it's not Wales, but I have sent watches to Steve in the past for regulation and I believe it was about £7 plus return shipping

Mark
    Many thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella
    A decent test that point's toward a service is when you wind the watch does it feel gritty as a appose to smooth ,but as others have already pointed out 2yrs is a bit early for a service ,so more than likely wants regulating.

i've just sent my po chorno to omega they,ve quoted me £390.
    Feels pretty smooth to me when winding, thanks for the info. :)

I posted a similar topic about my Speedy running slow last year:

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=141252

I haven't done anything about it yet, I'm surprised it was a year ago that I posted the thread :shock:

Mine is still running slow at about the same rate I think, but it hasn't bothered my enough to send it to get regulated. I wind it every morning (the winding is nice and smooth) and after a week or so I notice it's a minute or so behind so I set it a minute fast which does me for another couple of weeks.

I'll probably wait until it needs servicing before I send it to Omega.

i've been taking my watches to wtc for a few years now to be serviced.
    http://www.wtc-watchrepairs.co.uk/services.html
    if any of my watches are running slow or fast they are happy to adjust them for free, part of the service i guess.
    (sorry but only really helpfully for those in london)

I checked up the purchase date and it was only two months out of 2 year warranty. Took it back to Goldsmiths to check if Omega might regulate it for free as it was only 2 months out of warranty. Was told there was a good chance Omega would do it for free, but I would have to send the watch away to find out.

Not heard anything from Omega so hopefully they are doing it for free. Only downside is I could be waiting a while for it to return.

I checked up the purchase date and it was only two months out of 2 year warranty. Took it back to Goldsmiths to check if Omega might regulate it for free as it was only 2 months out of warranty. Was told there was a good chance Omega would do it for free, but I would have to send the watch away to find out.

Not heard anything from Omega so hopefully they are doing it for free. Only downside is I could be waiting a while for it to return.
    From my experience, a couple of years back, it took Omega over two months to regulate a new Speedy (my second to have an issue) under warranty. They may have improved their service since then. Personally, I'd go to a trusted watch repairer than send it to Omega, especially as it's out of warranty. It's a balance between cost -vs - time.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Happy New Year all!

Received my Speedmaster back from Omega regulated free of charge last Friday! :) It is now running a few seconds fast per day, will check exactly how fast over the next few days.

Pretty happy with the service from Omega and now have a nice red omega watch case which I'm sure will come in handy!

Happy New Year all!

Received my Speedmaster back from Omega regulated free of charge last Friday! :) It is now running a few seconds fast per day, will check exactly how fast over the next few days.

Pretty happy with the service from Omega and now have a nice red omega watch case which I'm sure will come in handy!
    That's a great result and I'm pleased to hear that Omega have upped their game since I last dealt with them. Enjoy the Speedy!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Grand Master

Glad to hear this has been sorted....but it isn`t difficult to do.

After 2 yrs the watch would not need servicing, but it seems odd that it started to run slow. Maybe it's had a sharp knock?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    Glad to hear this has been sorted....but it isn`t difficult to do.

After 2 yrs the watch would not need servicing, but it seems odd that it started to run slow. Maybe it's had a sharp knock?

Paul
    Possibly, but I don't recall anything.