closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cwc g10 ebay seller george1990 trustworthy...?

Cwc g10 ebay seller george1990 trustworthy...?

Wondered if anyone knows him, is he a member of tzuk..? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    He sells mint condition g10s but only shows the same set of pics for 3 watches, which appear to have a polished crystal retainer, not matt... Says everything is original look at my feedback...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906295102...#ht_2574wt_922

Re: Cwc g10 ebay seller george1990 trustworthy...?

Well the code 0552/6645-99 denotes Royal Navy (0552) Military wristwatch (6645) and NATO code for UK (99) so it's not an Army watch for a kick off. It's also highly probable it has never been issued especially if it's pristine. An issued watch is more likely to be banged and scraped.
    I have bought three of these mint G10's in the past few months, the highest serial I have is 45904 and the lowest is 29582. That's over 16000 watches between the serials of just the watches I have. I doubt the Navy issued 16000 watches in '89. A more probable explanation is it was an over order by the military, that very few were issued and most spent there lives in boxes in the stores. They have been getting shot of them at the Military disposal sales. There are tons of Royal Navy 89 G10's for sale, probably the easiest model to get hold of.
    I don't know the seller but he's over egging the pudding in his advert :) !

Craftsman

You absolutely sure it's a genuine mint issued superb condition 1989 actually used in the 1st Gulf War British Army virtually new as when it was first issued 22 years ago CWC that you won't find a better example of? :lol:

Looks OK but a bit too clean for a genuine issued 1989.....etc etc. Where's the WABI?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop
    Well the code 0552/6645-99 denotes Royal Navy (0552) Military wristwatch (6645) and NATO code for UK (99) so it's not an Army watch for a kick off. It's also highly probable it has never been issued especially if it's pristine. An issued watch is more likely to be banged and scraped.
    I have bought three of these mint G10's in the past few months, the highest serial I have is 45904 and the lowest is 29582. That's over 16000 watches between the serials of just the watches I have. I doubt the Navy issued 16000 watches in '89. A more probable explanation is it was an over order by the military, that very few were issued and most spent there lives in boxes in the stores. They have been getting shot of them at the Military disposal sales. There are tons of Royal Navy 89 G10's for sale, probably the easiest model to get hold of.
    I don't know the seller but he's over egging the pudding in his advert :) !

Thanks looking like it is legit although if stored then i would expect a box, tin of some sort... How are these NOS items kept so mint...

The provenance does seem a little dicky, but on the other hand it's not a huge amount to pay for one of these is it? Luckily I was able to buy a very similar Navy-designated watch from a nice forum member for a bit less, but not much less. And it is incredibly accurate.

found another guy who seems to sell the "mint" 1989 version, feedback is all g10s and AAA for £59 including postage... done the deed :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CWC-G10-RO...item43ab10dca4

There are loads of the mint 1989 watches available.

I will not buy from the seller as he "managed not" to photo the defect on a watch I bought from him that was described as mint.

Money refunded. Much better is mbradio who sells lots as well

Here a nice one, I have some more...all in pristine condition from new old stock, never saw a wrist and with brand new battery and brand new nato...

;)

But for sure different from others issued models...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got my "minty", i noticed that the dial seemed different to my other 89...
    the printing is not as fine, has bled a little...
    i will post images but i would like to know where these came from, i wonder if its an original case but a later dial...