closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How small will the bracelet on the Speedbird III go?

How small will the bracelet on the Speedbird III go?

I'm currently eyeing up the SBIII as my next purchase, having been extremely impressed with the quality of the PRS-29A I bought recently.
    I do have one slight concern though...
    I'm cursed with extremely thin 6.25" wrists and the (lovely looking) bracelet on the SBIII doesn't look like it's over-endowed with removable links. Does anything know how small it will go?

Cheers.

Re: How small will the bracelet on the Speedbird III go?

I've got a 6.8 inch wrist and there are 5 links available to be taken out. It should fit your wrist fine,

James

Perfect. Thanks!

Looking at mine it would go under 6" with all the links out, I'm 6 3/4" with 5 links in like the previous poster.

Thanks guys, the watch is ordered and should be here today. :drunken:

Watch has arrived and is lovely. Can someone give me some tips on sizing the bracelet though? I can't figure it out for the life of how to do it. I assumed the links were screwed at first but clearly that's not the case as they just go round and round.

Edit: okay I get it now. Still can't size the damn thing though so have chucked it on the NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry
    Watch has arrived and is lovely. Can someone give me some tips on sizing the bracelet though? I can't figure it out for the life of how to do it. I assumed the links were screwed at first but clearly that's not the case as they just go round and round.
    Use 2 screwdrivers..............

Quote Originally Posted by LVE
    Use 2 screwdrivers..............
    Cheers, figured it out but now realise I only have 1 screwdriver small enough. :-(

Watch has arrived and is lovely.
    Glad you like it, the SBIII is a well designed and built piece.

Edit: okay I get it now. Still can't size the damn thing though so have chucked it on the NATO.
    I was about to say, "What ever you do, don't take the bracelet off........." :(

I really struggled getting it back on (whatever others say) putting a largish mark on one of the end pieces in the process. There's a knack to it and I just couldn't master it.

To hold the bracelet steady whilst I tried to size it, I used a piece of blu-tac stuck to the table.

Good luck :wink: :D

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy
    Watch has arrived and is lovely.
    Glad you like it, the SBIII is a well designed and built piece.

I was about to say, "What ever you do, don't take the bracelet off........." :(

I really struggled getting it back on (whatever others say) putting a largish mark on one of the end pieces in the process. There's a knack to it and I just couldn't master it.

To hold the bracelet steady whilst I tried to size it, I used a piece of blu-tac stuck to the table.

Good luck :wink: :D
    It's okay - got it back on again, then off again and it's now on a Hirsch Modena strap (black with white stitching) which looks pretty spiffy. Have ordered another screwdriver so hopefully can get it sized at the weekend. The blu-tac trick sounds like a good one - I'll have to raid some off my son's bedroom wall.

Cheers.

It's okay - got it back on again, then off again and it's now on a Hirsch Modena strap (black with white stitching) which looks pretty spiffy. Have ordered another screwdriver so hopefully can get it sized at the weekend. The blu-tac trick sounds like a good one - I'll have to raid some off my son's bedroom wall.

Cheers.
    You're a better man than me :D

There's an art to getting the bracelet comfortable as well. If it's a little loose/tight, and there's an odd number of links each side of the clasp, try swapping one link to the other side of the wrist/bracelet. It can just give that little bit you need.

The bracelet on the Speedbird III is a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop
    Agreed. I guess I should add the end to my story, which is that I invested in another decent 1mm screwdriver, got the bracelet sized and love it!

Well done that man. Enjoy wearing it. :)

Journeyman

Perhaps not of any use to you, but If you are struggling to get a good fit - i found a strip of moleskin blister strips to be ideal to "shim" the bracelet a few mm to get it just right (you do have to replace it every so often however)

Btw I've still never managed to remove the bracelet yet despite several attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannop
    I'd like to know more about that art? Or what are the minimal tools required to put the bracelet back on? I currently have it on the nato strap which is how it came when I bought it from another gentleman. Would one spring bar tool suffice or two? Somehow I think that even with one spring bar tool that it would still be tough.

Master

I think you'll need two--or a spring bar tool with the narrow fork and a very small screwdriver (which might not increase its life expectancy). IIRC (mine is long gone) you'll need to put the end link on top of the lugs, supported by the spring bar, then with the two tools compress the spring bar till it drops into place--harder than it sounds. Unfortunately there's not the clearance to get one end of the spring bar into the whole first, then concentrate on the other.

Good luck.