closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Squale 1553 Alfa

Squale 1553 Alfa

This is my favorite watch for some time now. I simply love its vintage look. The Alfa Romeo logo doesn’t bother me. With its 40mm diameter and only 9mm thick it’s very comfortable to wear. I bought the watch a couple of months ago as not working. Replaced the movement for a new one and also replaced the glass after I dropped it on the bathroom floor :cry: . Unfortunately, after the drop the watch is running a bit too fast (30 sec. to 1min. a day). Is this something the expert can fix or do I need to look for another movement again?

This is also a recent purchase. It’s a Citizen Wing master (or Race master) III. I’m not sure if this is going to be a keeper. Great watch and excellent value for money but I’m thinking about purchasing a Squale 50 atmos in PVD or a 50 atmos with domed glass and black and orange bazel (I you know anyone…).

Cheers.
    Niels

Craftsman

Re: Squale 1553 Alfa

Great looking watches and Alfas are one of my favourite cars. With regard to dropping the Squale, I'd let a watch repairer have a look to check it out, but my guess is it just needs regulating.

I dropped a watch (Longines Master) once and it went from gaining 5 sec/day to gaining
    2 sec/day, otherwise it was okay. But it not a method of regulating a watch I would recommend !!

I dropped a watch (Longines Master) once and it went from gaining 5 sec/day to gaining
    2 sec/day, otherwise it was okay. But it not a method of regulating a watch I would recommend !!
    I must admite I did gave it a few firm hits, but no result :lol:.

cheers.
    Niels

Love the Squale, I agree you don't really notice the alfa.

Master

Have a go at regulating it yourself, there's plenty of advice on how to do this on the net.

But, I'm happy with a vintage watch being accurate to within a minute a day - particularly if its being worn in rotation.

Love the ALFA watch

In spite of everything people say, fantastic cars. We have had 8 or so over the years. Never seen that watch variant before though

Enjoy it

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by catflem
    Have a go at regulating it yourself, there's plenty of advice on how to do this on the net.

But, I'm happy with a vintage watch being accurate to within a minute a day - particularly if its being worn in rotation.
    Really? Didn't thought about doing it myself. See what I can find on the net.

thanks,
    Niels

Squale 1553 Alfa

The Squale looks the part. If you are getting it looked at it may well be worth getting the old engine back in ;-)
    Gray

I like the citizen a lot, looks very toolish : a lot of functions yet very readable..
    I tried to find some extra info on it but didn't find much using the Wing master/race master terms on google, could you share some more info : type/model number, how's the lume, where did you get it ?
    Thx !

I had a SS version of the 1553 but I needed getting used to the form of the case.... wasn't possible for me and I sold it again.

But your pvd version is really great! Have to buy a pvd squale again... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    The Squale looks the part. If you are getting it looked at it may well be worth getting the old engine back in ;-)
    I can always ask! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by bnootens
    I like the citizen a lot, looks very toolish : a lot of functions yet very readable..
    I tried to find some extra info on it but didn't find much using the Wing master/race master terms on google, could you share some more info : type/model number, how's the lume, where did you get it ?
    Thx !
    Sorry, it is a wingman not wingmaster!

The exact model is: Citizen Wingman JQ8250-52E (see: citizenwatches.co.nz/model/JQ8000-50E). The watch is very well made I must say. Indeed, very readable. I liked the white markers and sword shaped hands on this model. The lume is excellent. It has also a backlight function for the LCD. I'm not sure if this model is still available (mine is used).

Love the Squale :)

Reminds me very much of an RLT 20 I had, Roy used some old cases to make them up, I wonder if they were related in some way or if that case style was just very popular a few years ago?

Whatever, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Odo
    Love the Squale :)

Reminds me very much of an RLT 20 I had, Roy used some old cases to make them up, I wonder if they were related in some way or if that case style was just very popular a few years ago?

Whatever, enjoy!
    Thanks!

Don't know if they were popular and if there is a connection. I know that also Sinn uses a similar case for their model.

Thanks for the extra info, I did get some hits on google with this info...

Quote Originally Posted by Niels1974
    Quote Originally Posted by bnootens
    Thx !
    Sorry, it is a wingman not wingmaster!

The exact model is: Citizen Wingman JQ8250-52E (see: citizenwatches.co.nz/model/JQ8000-50E). The watch is very well made I must say. Indeed, very readable. I liked the white markers and sword shaped hands on this model. The lume is excellent. It has also a backlight function for the LCD. I'm not sure if this model is still available (mine is used).

Is that 1553 an automatic movement?

regards

siggy

a great looking watch (the squale) but i would prefer it without the logo even though i love alfas too (i used to own a 1976 1600 gt junior).