closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: **UPDATED PICTURES** TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 Chrono

Master

**UPDATED PICTURES** TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 Chrono

Some updated pictures of my Carrera. I thought I'd just edit the thread rather than start a new one. These show the details a bit better, including the circular pattern in the subdials against the matte of the main dial.

41mm Case with 100M Water Resistance. 39 Jewels. Model Number CAR2110.

I really can't stop looking at this watch!

Re: Quick pictures of my latest... TAG Heuer Carrera Cal. 1887

stunning.I used to own one till i bought a Portuguese.

Did you buy it new?

Craftsman

Very nice.....

Master

Brand new today. I tried it on whilst on holiday last week and instantly loved it. Luckily saved a good few hundred pounds buying it in the UK though.

I'll try and get some proper pictures tomorrow including the in-house movement etc. I really think this one's a big step for TAG Heuer.

I do like the large face to case ratio. The movement is nicely decorated as well.

TAG are producing some rather nice watches at the moment.

Craftsman

Very nice indeed

Very nice watch. I don't like Tag and their celebrity endorsements and over marketing, but I can appreciate that is a nice piece. Enjoy it!

Master
    Blog Entries

Very nice looks stunning

Stunning. I like the bracelet too

Quick pictures of my latest... TAG Heuer Carrera Cal. 1887

Big fan of the range, congrats on acquiring one.

Master
    Blog Entries

So where's the group shot with your other 3 Tags??
    (looks great btw)

I really like the movement shot.

Brilliant. One of the really subtle Tags.

Quick pictures of my latest... TAG Heuer Carrera Cal. 1887

Stunning piece, congrats!

It looks like a subtle design but it still has great wrist presence. What case diameter is it?

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE

I'll try and get some proper pictures tomorrow including the in-house movement etc. I really think this one's a big step for TAG Heuer.
    Congrats!
    I think it's the best looking Tag Carrera out there and the column wheel cronograph movement is a big improvement over the previous models with the ETA 7750. It's based on a movement designed by Seiko so Tag is stretching it a bit by calling it an inhouse movement.

Very, very nice and beautifully balanced.

Master

I like it--and am glad to see that the movement could go into a smaller case, if the trend toward large watches is ever reversed (not to be discussed here again 8) ). Or maybe they'll go down the Omega etc route and put it in a 38mm case and call it a 'ladies' watch. In which case, I'd have to start gauging how secure my masculinity is...

Master

Re: **UPDATED PICTURES** TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 Chrono

Thanks again for all the nice responses... I was actually expecting all the TAG Heuer haters to come out lol but it hasn't happened... Yet :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyway, I've updated the pics on page one. Still getting used to my new camera so apologies for the not-so-great pictures.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond
    I like it--and am glad to see that the movement could go into a smaller case, if the trend toward large watches is ever reversed (not to be discussed here again 8) ). Or maybe they'll go down the Omega etc route and put it in a 38mm case and call it a 'ladies' watch. In which case, I'd have to start gauging how secure my masculinity is...
    The Seiko movement it's based on, or started life as, is a 28.4mm movement (which is not a whole, half or even quarter number of lignes, even though Seiko makes other movements which are) and the TAG interpretation is 29.3mm, or 13 lignes. So, not huge. Smaller (and also thinner) than the ubiquitous 7750, even.

I for one would pay money - as much as 11 or 12p - to handle the new 9300-powered Omega Planet Ocean for Girls. At 38mm across and nearly 20mm thick, it must surely be the first watch which is only twice as wide as it is deep, and must therefore spark a whole new series of "lolwatches".
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    "lolwatches".
    :laughing6: Soon to be available in an Argos near you!

anyway, still waiting for that group shot, you can't say you've got 3 other Tags on your Explorer thread and not let us all have a look!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by DS3R
    "lolwatches".
    :laughing6: Soon to be available in an Argos near you!

anyway, still waiting for that group shot, you can't say you've got 3 other Tags on your Explorer thread and not let us all have a look!
    Lol I'll get some pics sorted although I'll probably be selling two of the total four :-(

Fantastic looking watch, of all the Tags out there this is definitely one of my favourites.

That's a smashing watch, one of the nicest Carrera's I've seen in a while!

Didn't another version of this 1887 come with a tachy bezel? I think this version without the tachy is much classier....and rarer?

Nice. Also loving the dial/case relationship and the pictures show the matte dial and steel minute markers off a treat.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by shamardal
    Didn't another version of this 1887 come with a tachy bezel? I think this version without the tachy is much classier....and rarer?
    I've seen that but like you say, I thought the non-tachy bezel version was just much nicer. This still has the tachy but on the rehaut bit... not something I'll be using now I own a 1 litre car :lol:

Pics of the TAGs (for now) as requested ...

Quote Originally Posted by shamardal
    That's a smashing watch, one of the nicest Carrera's I've seen in a while!

This is the V3 of this watch, the first had a fixed tachy bezel, the V2 had scale inside the bezel and this new version has done away with the scale altogether.

Grand Master

Interesting that the new Carrera, at a relatively sane 41mm, looks bigger than the chunky Aquaracer next to it (though IME black cases look smaller than the equivalent silver ones).

I think the Monza is a lovely take on the old Camaro. There's a Zenith-powered one of those, with the 60s period dial, produced only for a very short time that fetches big money when they come up used.

Master

I think the Monza is a lovely take on the old Camaro. There's a Zenith-powered one of those, with the 60s period dial, produced only for a very short time that fetches big money when they come up used.
    True... but it's better having the less-valuable version as then you can put more money into other models :mrgreen:

Tag get some crap thrown at them from some people but do make some stunning watches; that's one of them.

Congrats :thumbright:

I think the Monza is a lovely take on the old Camaro. There's a Zenith-powered one of those, with the 60s period dial, produced only for a very short time thaty fetches big money when they come up used.
    Sorry for going a little OT...

The 'period dial' is a new Ltd Edition which is based on a 'pre-camaro' cushion cased Heuer. Whilst paying homage to this watch, I am not too keen on the enamelled dial and cathedral hands as the case shape is at odds with this dressy style.

The older cal 36 was a regular production variant, although ironically probably sold less than the ltd edition as it was about twice the price of the ETA powered model. Came with black or sliver dial which I still think is nicer with the detailed gilloche finish. Still quite attached to mine.

Here was the pic I saw before on the different versions, not sure whether yours was a prototype and TH were originally going to drop it for the full tachy bezel version, but it was re-released after a limited run because the minimalist design was preferred over the others:

....yours is still the most classy version imo. btw nice selection of other tags you have....good taste man!

Master

Mine's the middle one of the above. I must have looked at that many pics before buying it that it made me think I had a tachometer lol. Glad it doesn't looking at the comparison pics as it has the least-busy dial.

I swore I'd never buy retail again after losing money on a previous watch but with this one, I'm happy I did.

Craftsman

I think this is one of the nicest looking watches that Tag do, plus it's reasonably priced (or at least was when I looked at the price last year). I'd like another Chrono on a bracelet at some point and this is definitely on the list.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist
    I think the Monza is a lovely take on the old Camaro. There's a Zenith-powered one of those, with the 60s period dial, produced only for a very short time thaty fetches big money when they come up used.
    Sorry for going a little OT...

The 'period dial' is a new Ltd Edition which is based on a 'pre-camaro' cushion cased Heuer. Whilst paying homage to this watch, I am not too keen on the enamelled dial and cathedral hands as the case shape is at odds with this dressy style.

The "'60s period" one I was thinking of was this one, not the new Zenith-powered pre-Camaro above, which is what you might call "30s period" ;).

As far as I know, it's the same size as the ETA 289x powered Monza chrono, but with a big premium because of the El Primero movement.

I wonder how much this would retail for if it gets out of concept:

First ever mechanical chronograph with 1/1000th of a second sweeping hand

http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/mikro...ng-1000/review

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib
    I wonder how much this would retail for if it gets out of concept:

First ever mechanical chronograph with 1/1000th of a second sweeping hand

http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/mikro...ng-1000/review
    The previous concept model cost approx. £50k... They released 50 of them.

Mine's the middle one of the above. I must have looked at that many pics before buying it that it made me think I had a tachometer lol. Glad it doesn't looking at the comparison pics as it has the least-busy dial.

I swore I'd never buy retail again after losing money on a previous watch but with this one, I'm happy I did.
    The V3 seems to have the right mix of retro and modern going on, but as you know I'm still very keen to add the SLR to my V3.

For once, I'm not jealous of a watch on TZ. I've got the exact same on my wrist right now. And I agree that the black is the way to go (IMO). I also like the clean version (wthout the Tachymeter surround).

Good choice!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy

Before looking into this one for you the other day Paul, I'd always just walked past it. There was one in Milan but I was too busy looking at the Carrera I ended up buying. However, after trying the SLR on the other day, it's a really nice piece!

If you decide to do anything let, me know and I'll sort it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoisyGriff
    For once, I'm not jealous of a watch on TZ. I've got the exact same on my wrist right now. And I agree that the black is the way to go (IMO). I also like the clean version (wthout the Tachymeter surround).

Good choice!
    Get some pics up of yours

This is such a beautiful watch. I've wanted one for a long time, but felt that they were a bit overpriced. I saw a Tag Heuer Carrera for slightly over 5000 pounds and I just can't help thinking that I could get watches from other more prestigious brands for that price. In fact, I'm still secretly on the lookout for a good deal on a Carrera..

Gosh they are stunning and unfortunately out of my price range.

I must be honest I just dont understand enough about the movements to appreciate the differences

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch
    Gosh they are stunning and unfortunately out of my price range.
    Ditto. Truly beautiful - exactly the sort of thing I'd like to own - but will have to look out for far cheaper alternatives.