closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sales Corner Advertising Service - Newbies Welcome!!

Master

Sales Corner Advertising Service - Newbies Welcome!!

Newbies!

Frustrated at the recent changes to the SC posting requirements? Can't put in the time to reach the necessary 250 posts? Desperate to sell your amazing watches to the waiting masses? Want to get one over on old Eddie of Swanbourne?

Well all your problems could be solved! Come on down to the CMCM3 Sales Corner Advertising Emporium! For a single upfront payment of 10% of your initial asking price, a trusted member will advertise your fine time piece, schedule regular bumps and price drops, deal with the flood of PM enquiries, seal a deal and put you in touch with your buyer. It couldn't be simpler!

So come on down to CMCM3's Sales Corner Advertising Emporium for all your SC advertising needs!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Sales Corner Advertising Service - Newbies Welcome!!

:D :D

Blog Entries

Damn... why didn't I come up with this... :D :D

Master

Terms and conditions apply. Minimum initial asking price £150.

Expect a flurry of 'sales and wants' type signatures anytime soon...... :roll:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

How very entrepreneurial! Like it. 8)

Whahaha.. This is brilliant!

nobhead.

:D :D :D :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    Undercut him! There's room for a no frills SC brokerage...less bumps and more gruff negotiation by PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal
    Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    Undercut him! There's room for a no frills SC brokerage...less bumps and more gruff negotiation by PM.
    Was thinking about that... well, whatever he takes.... I take 3% less.

Wear it with good shoes!
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    Wear it with good shoes!
    +1 (arf)

Whooo 960 posts! Another 40 and I can get into the Gay Bar.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Entrepreneurship at it's very best!!!!!!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    Wear it with good shoes!
    That made me laugh so much even the cat gave me a funny look :D

:lol: :lol:

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:uopmd4ji]zz[/s:uopmd4ji]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master

eddie! glitch him!!!!! :D :D :D :D
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

The OP has a point though ... :roll:

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

there's always a gap in the market!!
    :mrgreen:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3
    Newbies!

Frustrated at the recent changes to the SC posting requirements? Can't put in the time to reach the necessary 250 posts? Desperate to sell your amazing watches to the waiting masses? Want to get one over on old Eddie of Swanbourne?

Well all your problems could be solved! Come on down to the CMCM3 Sales Corner Advertising Emporium! For a single upfront payment of 10% of your initial asking price, a trusted member will advertise your fine time piece, schedule regular bumps and price drops, deal with the flood of PM enquiries, seal a deal and put you in touch with your buyer. It couldn't be simpler!

So come on down to CMCM3's Sales Corner Advertising Emporium for all your SC advertising needs!
    Hmmmm, Could be worth it, thanks for your very kind offer :wink: I may be in touch soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Oh dear :roll:

Regrettably I can see some taking this seriously, or indeed actually starting this as a "service"

Craftsman

I am pretty tempted to try this out, I have a carrera that I was going to sell to raise some funds, I've sold on here before but now don't make the 'grade'

Its a toss up between the 10% or posting like crazy for a few days and reaching 250

I seem to use SC purely to buy rather than sell.

Need to get into flipping my watches (dont think it will happen anytime soon so happy to let my post count creep up over the years!)

Power to the people...

Master

I'm rather enjoying the more languid pace of Sales Corner at the moment.

I'm not convinced this is quite within normal forum etiquette...

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by magirus

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:34l68na2]zz[/s:34l68na2]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    And what is the problem if somebody does want to ask advice about what to spend £xxxx on ?
    Isnt that what a forum is about decent advice from decent people, whoever is moderating this forum needs to understand how damaging some of these petit comments are to the sites name :evil:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bond007

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:1b8bfola]zz[/s:1b8bfola]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    And what is the problem if somebody does want to ask advice about what to spend £xxxx on ?
    Isnt that what a forum is about decent advice from decent people, whoever is moderating this forum needs to understand how damaging some of these petit comments are to the sites name :evil:
    see this is where you as a newbie let yourself down, if you knew magirus you would know he hasnt a bad bone in his body, all who know him know this, his post was a jolly tongue in cheek look at one of our many recent speedposters., as for moderator of this forum, again you havent bothered to find out who it is that does this or owns this site., maybe just post about your watches your experience with watches and leave the fucking whinging alone?

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:jkemtwb5]zz[/s:jkemtwb5]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    see this is where you as a newbie let yourself down, if you knew magirus you would know he hasnt a bad bone in his body, all who know him know this, his post was a jolly tongue in cheek look at one of our many recent speedposters., as for moderator of this forum, again you havent bothered to find out who it is that does this or owns this site., maybe just post about your watches your experience with watches and leave the fucking whinging alone?
    Oh dear !!!! :bigsmurf:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:1lf1k4sk]zz[/s:1lf1k4sk]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    Oh dear !!!! :bigsmurf:
    your choice.

Journeyman

wow must sign up now! :D

Count me in. Rather that than another 244 posts via iPhone.

Craftsman

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:aqup3n6a]zz[/s:aqup3n6a]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    The only moderating done here is by the forum's owner Eddie. He is the capo di tutti capi here but pretty much stays out of things unless you really press the wrong buttons. If you really get upset about the rules take it to the bear pit.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by dashiel

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:38l1w6et]zz[/s:38l1w6et]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    The only moderating done here is by the forum's owner Eddie. He is the capo di tutti capi here but pretty much stays out of things unless you really press the wrong buttons. If you really get upset about the rules take it to the bear pit.
    Im not getting really upset about the rules, im just sharing an opinion with the others, so dont wish to fight
    it out in the bear pit !
    Im also not criticising Eddie as i know how difficult running forums can be, i was commenting on the level of sarcasm by some long term posters towards new members, whos knowledge should be just as valuble as someone posting several thousand times.

Sure at some point the next will be someone selling their user account to a newbie, same as happened on ebay

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:ijyezica]zz[/s:ijyezica]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    There is no problem if somebody wants to ask advice about what to spend £xxxx on. The problem was that the member in question had already just been banned for speedposting. I noticed him just before he was banned, here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=189568&hilit=king . He re-registered very quickly and set to again. In both of his incarnations his threads were/are thinly veiled WTB ads. A little reading and use of the search function would have revealed this to you. After a while on the forum it's easy to spot this kind of behaviour. A lot of people who are new to the forum make the mistake that members who highlight such behaviour are some kind of pedantic "forum police". Far from it, we know what it takes for the forum to run smoothly and for the good of genuine members, and aren't afraid try and keep it this way. So you see people don't make "petit comments", they are usually considered and not made lightly. As far as "whoever is moderating this forum" goes that is our host, owner and provider of this site, and proprieter of Timefactors Eddie Platts. He wields the axe, and when it falls it's usually without warning and invariably terminal.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries

I might need this service :evil:

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:j3ly6mcl]zz[/s:j3ly6mcl]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    +1

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdobson45

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:2sp02miv]zz[/s:2sp02miv]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    +1
    Soon be up to 50 posts with a reply like that :wink:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dashiel

Or just make statements like - "I have £xxxx to spend, what should I buy between X,Y, and Z ?", sit back and wait. Personally I couldn't be bo[s:1wif2g6j]zz[/s:1wif2g6j]thered. £1969 may be enough. Form a queue please by the back door. :roll: :wink:
    Im not getting really upset about the rules, im just sharing an opinion with the others, so dont wish to fight
    it out in the bear pit !
    Im also not criticising Eddie as i know how difficult running forums can be, i was commenting on the level of sarcasm by some long term posters towards new members, whos knowledge should be just as valuble as someone posting several thousand times.

I think you'll find that Mags (magirus) is hardly sarcastic to new members, he actually belongs to the official TZ-UK welcoming wagon for newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts
    Sure at some point the next will be someone selling their user account to a newbie, same as happened on ebay
    Indeed!

I'm thinking I could use the service of the op though ;) I can't stand trying to take pictures of watches and I dislike selling my watches - so having someone do all that for me would be great :D
    It's just a matter of time...