closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail Airsure to the US?

Craftsman

Royal Mail Airsure to the US?

Last Monday I sent a CD to a mate in NYC and it's now Tuesday, 9 days later and it's still not there :x

anyone experienced similar delay?

or is it just down to 911 and US Customs faffing about? :roll:

Re: Royal Mail Airsure to the US?

911 was ten years ago...you'd think they'd have cleared the backlog by now :D

Quote Originally Posted by puffy
    Last Monday I sent a CD to a mate in NYC and it's now Tuesday, 9 days later and it's still not there :x

more likely to be a backlog caused by the hurricane.

I'm waiting a parcel from Detroit to UK which is taking longer than they normally do.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk
    911 was ten years ago...you'd think they'd have cleared the backlog by now :D
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've enquired and the word around the campfire has it that US Customs are taking extra precaution on the 10th anniversary...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by dtc2
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy

more likely to be a backlog caused by the hurricane.

I'm waiting a parcel from Detroit to UK which is taking longer than they normally do.
    of course mate, that makes sense 8)

thanks dude

Master

I've sent insured goods to many countries, including the notorious Italy several times, but the USA is the only one where an item has been stolen. The packet was opened before delivery and then re-sealed.

Royal Mail took 5 months to pay compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker
    I've sent insured goods to many countries, including the notorious Italy several times, but the USA is the only one where an item has been stolen. The packet was opened before delivery and then re-sealed.

wow I bet the claim process was a nightmare on that.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jegger

Yep. Royal Mail implied clearly that they didn't believe either me nor the American addressee. Eventually, they paid up with ill grace.

Yep. Royal Mail implied clearly that they didn't believe either me nor the American addressee. Eventually, they paid up with ill grace.

so did you know the other party? guessing thats why you knew it was openned rather than the other side saying the box was empty.

Master

He has a very good H&V track record and behaved like an honest guy throughout the whole sad business.

Journeyman

Check .....USPS.......it has track and trace and uses Royal Mail number on your packet..Ive found it pretty good.
    I've noticed Airsure seems to take longer than International Signed for, though it should be much faster

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RO-LEX
    Check .....USPS.......it has track and trace and uses Royal Mail number on your packet..Ive found it pretty good.
    I've noticed Airsure seems to take longer than International Signed for, though it should be much faster
    USPS from Britain?

Journeyman

Items sent by Royal Mail ...Airsure...or... Int Signed for.... are notified by them to USPS , I think before leaving UK .
    ...ie that they are on the way....so they appear on the USPS site before they arrive in the USA, and when they
    arrive in USA, the USPS site is updated when the move along the delivery chain. So very useful to both the Sender
    and the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by RO-LEX
    USPS from Britain?
    USPS website has tracking info on all packages sent Airsure or ISF from the UK as they are responsible for final delivery of the package in the USA. Normally the info is available as soon as the package arrives at US Customs, and often their website gives greater detail than RMs website.