closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet Ocean - Outgoing model

Banned
    Blog Entries

Planet Ocean - Outgoing model

I am thinking about buying a new one of these as my daily beater. With the new model soon to be in the ADs, at a significant premium (which may or may not be merited based on the substantially upgraded specification), is the outgoing model a good vfm buy at say 20% discount? (or more?).

Re: Planet Ocean - Outgoing model

There are a lot around including two on SC here at the moment, one with two straps and one two bezels. Aim for 30% and you will not go far wrong. I owned a 45mm Orange and it was amazing, it felt great and kept within 1-2 seconds a day, could not fault it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I do fancy a new one, and at the discounted price they compare well with the ones on SC. Worth a try for 30% off then, from an AD who has previously supplied my Sub C and has an Exp 2 on order for me, so hopefully they will be open to a bit of negotiation.

My AD ran a 25% off any Omega promotion in November last year so that would be my fall back position - I would start at 40% (May not be too realistic) and work from there.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    My AD ran a 25% off any Omega promotion in November last year so that would be my fall back position - I would start at 40% (May not be too realistic) and work from there.
    I checked the rrp today, a cool £2800 :shock:

Go second hand from a good seller and you'll do much better. You can still have warranty and many years without needing a service, with the added benefit of hundreds of pound staying where it counts.

As for the watch itself, I love mine and would recommend them to everyone. Flexible, accurate, comfortable, well balanced and very well made.

PO is always a safe choice. Any pics or details of the incomming model as yet?

Master

All over the Omega website mate!

All over this forum too!

Master

I wouldn't hesitate going for this one :)
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=188361

The only reason I haven't is that inalready have one 8)

Second hand is the way to go. I got a mint speedy pro for £1800 and have never looked back

Master

Sorry to be a bit biased but the one i ve got is a cracker and you ll save a fortune on the list price with over 2 yrs left on the warranty ,IMHO a no brainer go for a mint second hand one as someones already took the hit :o

Journeyman

I've got a PO from 2005, quality vs price is just perfect an still running very good.

Regards,
    Hans

Excellent watch.

If I could afford to I'd keep mine!

Craftsman

I'd be interested to know how you get on if you continue down this road - for when the bond gets replaced (not sure on the latest word on when that is). Could be perfect time to grab the current coaxial model which I love.

are you sure 40% that seems to be high , what AD would offer that ?

I thinks im going to look at one of the old ones. The new ones are very thick and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101
    I thinks im going to look at one of the old ones. The new ones are very thick and heavy.
    Is this the general consensus on the new PO? I haven't seen one yet in the metal, but the pictures I've seen do tend to give the impression of a lack of refinement compared to the older model, but maybe that is just me.

It seems that on a technical level e.g. a massive 60 hour reserve compared to 48 hours, they are impressive, but aesthetically I'm not yet convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashyViscount
    Is this the general consensus on the new PO? I haven't seen one yet in the metal, but the pictures I've seen do tend to give the impression of a lack of refinement compared to the older model, but maybe that is just me.

It seems that on a technical level e.g. a massive 60 hour reserve compared to 48 hours, they are impressive, but aesthetically I'm not yet convinced.
    I recently bought one of the new 45mm PO's on a rubber strap. Yes it is quite thick, but it is the most comfortable watch I own. It doesn't feel heavy at all. Also, I think the finish/quality of the new PO is really nice, and in my view, is much better than the previous model. However, I understand why some people prefer the older model. It's the same situation with the ceramic Rolex Sub, lots of people still prefer the older model, even though the new sub has a number improvements.

Master

Is this the general consensus on the new PO?
    Not here it isn't! I think the new models are much better looking, and for a techie like me they have the advantage of the new movements.

I suppose it was pretty daft of me to wonder if there was a consensus about the new PO v the old one. When is there ever consensus anywhere much less this forum? :wink: I'm delighted that the new version has its adherents too, that's what keeps it interesting.

For the record I recently got the older version second-hand, (not on SC), and love it, but then again I haven't had a proper look at the new version yet. However, I'll probably decide to hate the new version purely in order to justify my recent purchase! :lol:

Master

I'll probably decide to hate the new version purely in order to justify my recent purchase! :lol:
    Reading around a few forums, I think there's a few folks doing this.....