closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parcel overdue..

Parcel overdue..

How long is a reasonable amount of time before deciding a parcel is missing?

A watch was shipped to me on the 10th August from a seller in Canada, not bought on this forum I must add. Despite the deal being based on Express post (est 5 days) with tracking, insurance etc the watch was sent regular mail without tracking (est now 9 days) :evil: :evil: :evil:

The seller only told me this after it was sent (saving him $42), I would never have bought the item knowing it was going to be sent this way. I have since got a part refund of $25 from the seller due to the difference in postage but still not happy as I can't track the item and IMHO something which can't be tracked has a much higher %age of going missing.. :(

I don't believe for one second the seller didn't send as he checks out on other forums and was a nice guy to deal with (despite the shipping) also he sent me a pic of the parcel before it was sent.

I'm thinking i'll give it another week as then it'll be four weeks, then chase the seller for a refund. Sound reasonable?

Banned

Re: Parcel overdue..

Sounds reasonable. Mind you, I sent a package to the US recently - via Trackable RM Airsure. Took 42 days to arrive. :shock:

I hate people who do not sent via tracked mail if that is what they specified :evil: I wouldn't risk my rep for $25.

It stinks and gets on my goat. Opps and I hate waiting :evil:

I hope it eventually arrives.

I think you have been very reasonable.

Very annoying when it was promised, give it another week then start banging on his door. Hope it turns up though.

Journeyman

Recently waited two months for a package from Canada - they've been locked in a Postal Strike for some time, and are only now (two weeks ago) clearing backlogs - I'd chcek with your sender on status, may just be still on delays.

http://www.timexwatchforum.com

Journeyman

never send it without tracking....

hopefully it will arrive, and you will be lucky

i would try to start asking for a partial refund, and if doesn´t come up, ask for full refund ....

Very annoying and I feel for yur frustration. I'm guessing Hurricane Irene hasn't helped either but I would start the ball rolling regarding refund now.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

I hate having things sent ParcelForce to us as they can never find us and it normally takes 3-4 weeks to get hold of the package...

A

Cheers guys..

I'll give it another week then will be asking for a refund as the non-trackable shipping wasn't agreed so that was his gamble to take, not mine which I think makes him responsible. Will see how I get on, hopefully it'll show up though as I was really looking forward to this one.. :roll:

the best thing to do is find out which courier he used in Canada and maybe also who they pass the parcel onto in the UK and see what their time frame is before it is classed as missing and if they are different,then wait the longer period of the two before asking for a refund,at least that way the sender will then be able to start a claim with the company so will be more willing to refund.

Master

Who was the seller?

I had a crappy experience with a seller in Canada and ever since have never dealt with international sellers. paypal ruled in my favour but the thieving scumbag had cleared his account :(

I was £300 out of pocket!

Its a shame as I don't doubt there are many great sellers abroad but I'm simply not preparednto take the risk. It was the same scenario with me, said he'd send via trackable post and sent via normal post :(

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jegger
    the best thing to do is find out which courier he used in Canada and maybe also who they pass the parcel onto in the UK and see what their time frame is before it is classed as missing and if they are different,then wait the longer period of the two before asking for a refund,at least that way the sender will then be able to start a claim with the company so will be more willing to refund.
    Have checked this, it's Canada Post and the quote for non tracked international is 6-9 working days so this was up ages ago but i'm giving more time in case of any delays due to the strike but most of what i've read says the backlog has been cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    Who was the seller?

I had a crappy experience with a seller in Canada and ever since have never dealt with international sellers. paypal ruled in my favour but the thieving scumbag had cleared his account :(

I was £300 out of pocket!

Its a shame as I don't doubt there are many great sellers abroad but I'm simply not preparednto take the risk. It was the same scenario with me, said he'd send via trackable post and sent via normal post :(

Paul
    Bad news, sorry to hear you got stung.. Have PM'd you. Don't want to name the seller (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger
    Have checked this, it's Canada Post and the quote for non tracked international is 6-9 working days so this was up ages ago but i'm giving more time in case of any delays due to the strike but most of what i've read says the backlog has been cleared.
    that sounds like the delivery time not the "lost" time,I think Royal mail is something like 21 working days before it is considered lost and you can start the claim process(within UK), so I would think it would be much more than 9 days.Just thinking if it were me, that is the first thing I would be telling the buyer.

Journeyman

Just hope not sent Surface Mail (instead of Airmail) as much cheaper, and can take up to 4 months, (thats going from UK to Canada)

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia

Don't know if your parcel would have been routed through the States but I've only just today received a parcel sent 10th August.
    Mine was with USPS, sent Express, and was tracked as far as Chicago on 12th August and then no updates.

Internet forums down here (Australia) are full of people querying the delays. If anyone can get through to USPS they are being told it is Australian Customs fault.
    The other 'rumour' which is more popular is that US postal system can't cope with the massive increase in online shopping from overseas since the US dollar dropped (against the Aussie $ anyway :wink: ).

Maybe none of the above is relevant or any help to you but there are many, many people waiting for long overdue parcels and tracking is currently useless.

Hope your watch turns up soon.

Ian.

I did have a watch box sent from Canada to Florida last month and that took around ten days from actual posting (on top of the other 10 days that the seller didn't bother to go to the Post Office :evil: ).

Quote Originally Posted by RO-LEX
    Just hope not sent Surface Mail (instead of Airmail) as much cheaper, and can take up to 4 months, (thats going from UK to Canada)
    :shock: That is crazy...that would just kill me waiting that long.

I sent a Seiko to a decent chap in Canada, it was with him in 5 days. But I did pay for tracked air mail, it must have been cheap as well or I would have remembered having to fork out loads of dosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeister
    Internet forums down here (Australia) are full of people querying the delays. If anyone can get through to USPS they are being told it is Australian Customs fault.
    Australian customs are notoriously slow to clear packages. I've sent a few from the UK over the last few months and most arrive in Australia within 72 hours, then sit in customs for a couple of weeks before they are cleared.

To the OP - if you paid via Paypal make sure you don't wait too long before asking for a refund with the seller. I think in most cases you have 45 days from payment to lodge a dispute, but it's worth checking (if this is how you paid). Hopefully if it is lost the seller will take responsibility and refund you voluntarily, but if not Paypal should be able to help.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Much appreciated....