closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko DA36 stolen

Damasko DA36 stolen

Serial number DA36.0542 stolen through credit card fraud.

Shipped to:

Long Tran Duy
    17146 NE Sandy Blvd
    c/o VNP-DFB
    PORTLAND
    OR 97230
    United States of America

Shipped on 11 July 2011 and delivered 13 July 2011. I've received a chargeback from the credit card company because Long Tran Duy is not the legitimate holder of the credit card used and the legitimate card holder has reported a fraudulent transaction on his latest statement.

I carried out a Google search on the address and it appears that this is a warehouse used as a "Hop Shop". Hop Shops provide non-US citizens with a US shipping address to get around merchants who will not ship to certain countries. The Hop Shop accepts delivery an their behalf and then onward ships the goods to the address associated with their account. The VNP-DFB part of the address above is the account reference. Hop shops are very popular with fans of Apple products who want to get the latest product when they are launched in the US before anywhere else.

I have shipped to a Tran Duy Long twice before with an address in Vietnam and those transactions went through OK, which is why I had no qualms about shipping to who I thought was the same person again, albeit with a different address, especially when he paid with a US credit card (a different one) on those two previous occasions.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Re: Damasko DA36 stolen

Sorry to hear about this scam Eddie. Is there anything that can be done to try and trace the whereabouts of the con man? Do you think he might be a TZ UK infiltrator too? Seems likely he would not stop at just one transaction so maybe the credit card company might have some sort of buying profile about him?

Best wishes

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

I have an appointment with the police who said they will investigate as far as they can. I think the first enquiry should be to find out who the account holder is at the Hop Shop address and discover where the watch ended up.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Mr P,
    Many US authorities are not overly helpful in supplying customer details, as they don't accept Data Protection Act applications; saying that, a direct approach often works wonders!
    Regards M.

Eddie

In addition to reporting it to the UK Police you may wish to check this link and report it there. http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/r ... Businesses

This is for complaints against businesses in this case the Hop Shop, i have a feeling you could also advise the FBI as i have a feeling Credit Card Fraud across states and internationally is a felony but don't quote me on that.

I'd email as many people as possible, can't hurt.

Regards

Ben