closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to buy a watch from the sales corner

I want to buy a watch from the sales corner

Odd as this is, I have just registered here because I want to buy a watch on the sales forum, and been informed I now need 5 posts or more to view that forum.

So here we Go!

As I am new, the card is behind the bar. What are you having

Blog Entries

Re: I want to buy a watch from the sales corner

Poor boy... :(

Post number 1!

The watch I want is a Tag. Lovely!

Mines a pint.

It's 50 posts and welcome to the forum.... but this won't go down well.....

Whisky chaser here please, with 2 straws.

It's sold!

Large red wine please :)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries

Go out there, discuss watches, and earn your spurs mate.

That way, you'll have respect as well as the ability to shop. :)

And don't use this thread to debate and get your count up... you'll have the reset button hit on you in no time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I have money instead of a drink please?

Its an Aqua Racer. Been looking for one for ages.

Well, since lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Can I have money instead of a drink please?
    Money? Right you are.

You want an umbrella with that?

Re this whole having to have posts business. I don't get it. I want to buy a watch being sold by one of the members on here. Surely he wants to sell it? Non? All the time I can't contact him, his watch goes unsold. What gives?

I have £1,000 burning a hole in my pocket. Help us Obi Wan, you are my only hope.

Take your time mate and have fun on the way! You do need 50 posts to try selling, but not for buying - there's the PM function you know :wink:

You're not a tattooist, are you?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries

Babysham please.

I must admit to having bought a few bits and bobs on here, and swapped a couple of 'things' as well, but havent offered anything for sale yet.

I have asked a few questions, joined in some interesting debates, and some silly ones. Got to get the feel of the forum as well, as some things are OK to mention and others not.

It can be fun and educating as well.

So, I recommend joining in as much as you can.

A pint of milk...

...in a dirty glass.

You probably don't get the 50 post thing as you're new here, there are countless threads examining this feature and the whys and why nots have been discussed to death.

Look before you leap. But welcome :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Fred
    Odd as this is, I have just registered here because I want to buy a watch on the sales forum, and been informed I now need 5 posts or more to view that forum.
    So how did you know of the Aqua Racer on the SC?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

If you don't like the rules and just want to take advantage of this forum and not in a good way, sod off and use eBay

Master

You can view sales corner if you are not logged in - i.e. as guest.

To elaborate slightly on the above post... To the OP, one point of the minimum post requirements is to avoid the forum becoming more about opportunistic buying and selling than about watch discussion - the minimum post requirements are not onerous (except for the most secret and mysterious corners of the board...) but are there to make the point about the principal objective of the board. The point people are trying to gently make to you here is that it is frowned upon to speed post to the required minimum, as it is not in the spirit of the forum. That said, as has also been pointed out, there is nothing to stop you private messaging the seller in any event. If you've missed the watch, fear not - many of the same ones reappear on sales corner with alarming regularity!

Let me just say

Welcome to the forum,

a honest and different first post, fairplay to you.

It is a nice place (sometimes) and there is lots of intresting posts and helpful members.

PM the seller.

:)

Craftsman

I steered clear of forums for years, always felt a little intimidated by the 'closed shop' approach.

I am still a newbie here myself, but becoming more comfortable by the day. The banter is top notch,
    and, I have enjoyed a giggle or ten.

I was lucky enough to buy a watch on here very early on, from an established member, NOT I hasten to add,
    my reason for joining.

I did this via the PM route, and provided the seller voluntarily, with every detail of myself, bar for a sample of DNA!,
    although on receipt of the watch, I noted he had kindly provided a generous sample of his!

I viewed this and other forums before joining, where it is possible to view what is on sale, and drooled over many
    watches, which I'd never get to own. I noticed also, that from a sellers point of view, a good majority sell quickly,
    and for a reasonable price.

For this service, and the extraordinary generosity of Eddie for 'enabling' this forum, there is a PRICE to PAY.
    PATIENCE!!!!!!

I'd like to sell some of my watches somewhere other than E-Bay, and foolishly, buy many more, as the years go by!
    but there is a certain decorum which is called for.

Meanwhile, enjoy getting INVOLVED, enjoy the ferocious, cutting, soul destroying sarcasm, enjoy the differences of opinion
    and knowledge which you can read about daily, (better than the bloody telly at the moment!), and remember.......
    there is always another watch, just around the corner!

And Guys, the poor sod just wants to buy a watch SHAME ON HIM! :cry:

GO EASY on the Uninitiated NEWBIES - They know not what they do! :wink:

Welcome, as said PM the seller, nothing ventured etc.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

R
    :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:

:toothy10:

OP - watch now gone I think.. have a read around and make a contribution.. another one will be on SC soon!

Hey, I've got posts I'm not using. Can I sell them??........just asking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had posts but they got nicked?? not going to ask about 60's Seamasters again that's for sure :roll:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymonks
    If you don't like the rules and just want to take advantage of this forum and not in a good way, sod off and use eBay
    Tad harsh?

He just wants to buy a watch, chances are he has googled the watch he wants to buy and it's led him here, joined as fast as he could for FOMO and is met by sarcy comments..... Give the guy a break.....

Master

Quote Originally Posted by spogehead
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymonks
    Tad harsh?

He just wants to buy a watch, chances are he has googled the watch he wants to buy and it's led him here, joined as fast as he could for FOMO and is met by sarcy comments..... Give the guy a break.....

Ryan's right, he is looking to buy not sell. Bobbymonks is a little to unpleasant for me as well, bet you scare all the kids at the playground after school too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick
    Hey, I've got posts I'm not using. Can I sell them??........just asking. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Hey, you've invented Post Trading! Apparently it works for carbon...

Thanks for all the comments people. Shame I missed the watch I was after. Still, as some of you say, another will come along soon.

Thank you for all the invites to join in the party, perhaps I will take you up on that. As for those who want me to sod off, I'm very sorry to have troubled you! I now realise that you are clearly my better, having been here longer than me. :wink:

As for this whole having to post a given number of times nonsense, I'm sorry but I still don't really get it. I don't see why I should have to dance like a circus monkey to be able to buy from a member here. Given as several of you HATE me simply by virtue of my noobness, why would you want to read what I say anyway? Just how many times do you want me to slag off Rolex, praise co-axial Omegas, recommend a Monster, laud Gunther Steinhart, collect 15 G-Shocks, ask about ETA supply, go to Basel, complain about a chrono second hand not lining up on 0 and all the other background noise that goes on on these forums? I mean, honestly, whats the point?

Right, now managed to get into the sales forum and PM's the seller. There is no indication from the thread that the watch has been sold, so here's hoping!

If anyone is interested, and obviously some aren't, I want to buy a watch to commemorate finally qualifying in my profession after 10 years, 2 months and 4 days of hard graft and killer exams. Clearly, this all counts for nothing alongside my feeble post count on this forum! I should have been on here all along chewing the cud! What a fool I am!

Is your trade something like hospitality?

I'm guessing here...

Craftsman

WELCOME?

I hope you get the watch to reward all the hard study,( surgeon?) Great come back post, it is a good place, as I said there are a few positives , just try and ignore all the negatives. I like watches among other interests , however life is too short and precious to get upset by the little things, so I try not to worry about them.

As for this whole having to post a given number of times nonsense, I'm sorry but I still don't really get it. I don't see why I should have to dance like a circus monkey to be able to buy from a member here.
    Short answer: It's Eddie's forum, and he sets the rules. If you don't like them, the please feel free to set up your own forum, where you can determine the rules.

Slightly longer answer: TZ-UK is a forum for people to discuss watches (and other topics). It also happens to have a Sales Corner, but that is incidental to the main purpose of the site, not its raison d'etre. There is nothing to stop you, as a new user, from buying a watch from SC (as others have mentioned, you just need to PM the seller). But if anybody could post items for sale, it is very likely that SC would become overrun by people who are just trying to sell their watches and who have no interest in participating in the forums. There is also an element of trust involved in buying a watch from a stranger, and somebody with a high post count here is much more likely to be straight and honest than a new seller with 0 posts who is just using the site as a free way to sell their watches. It's for people like that that eBay exists :-)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK
    As for this whole having to post a given number of times nonsense, I'm sorry but I still don't really get it. I don't see why I should have to dance like a circus monkey to be able to buy from a member here.
    Short answer: It's Eddie's forum, and he sets the rules. If you don't like them, the please feel free to set up your own forum, where you can determine the rules.

Slightly longer answer: TZ-UK is a forum for people to discuss watches (and other topics). It also happens to have a Sales Corner, but that is incidental to the main purpose of the site, not its raison d'etre. There is nothing to stop you, as a new user, from buying a watch from SC (as others have mentioned, you just need to PM the seller). But if anybody could post items for sale, it is very likely that SC would become overrun by people who are just trying to sell their watches and who have no interest in participating in the forums. There is also an element of trust involved in buying a watch from a stranger, and somebody with a high post count here is much more likely to be straight and honest than a new seller with 0 posts who is just using the site as a free way to sell their watches. It's for people like that that eBay exists :-)

Philip he is looking to BUY a watch, not reach SC to sell. The basis of hatred here is the tendency to use this place as a personal ebay to sell not to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103
    There is nothing to stop you, as a new user, from buying a watch from SC (as others have mentioned, you just need to PM the seller).
    Philip he is looking to BUY a watch, not reach SC to sell. The basis of hatred here is the tendency to use this place as a personal ebay to sell not to buy.
    Did you actually read my post???

Craftsman

Now Now Ladies!!!

A friendly place............A friendly place...........A friendly place................ :wink:

Master

There is nothing to stop you, as a new user, from buying a watch from SC (as others have mentioned, you just need to PM the seller).

Yes I did it and it didn't come off to friendly to me regardlless of what was written.

For everyone read carefully THE GUY WANTED TO BUY A WATCH..WHATS THE BIG DEAL Let him buy the freakin watch

I agree it used to be a lot more friendly, that is more likely to put people off posting, and get the place a bad rep it does not deserve. Give the guy a break.
    :(

Thanks for all the comments people. Shame I missed the watch I was after. Still, as some of you say, another will come along soon.

Thank you for all the invites to join in the party, perhaps I will take you up on that. As for those who want me to sod off, I'm very sorry to have troubled you! I now realise that you are clearly my better, having been here longer than me. :wink:

As for this whole having to post a given number of times nonsense, I'm sorry but I still don't really get it. I don't see why I should have to dance like a circus monkey to be able to buy from a member here. Given as several of you HATE me simply by virtue of my noobness, why would you want to read what I say anyway? Just how many times do you want me to slag off Rolex, praise co-axial Omegas, recommend a Monster, laud Gunther Steinhart, collect 15 G-Shocks, ask about ETA supply, go to Basel, complain about a chrono second hand not lining up on 0 and all the other background noise that goes on on these forums? I mean, honestly, whats the point?
    Fred, from your post above, I would hazard a guess that you are not just a casual passer by that wants a Tag because it's part of a recognised/popular group of brands that has public (non wis) awareness. You sound like you are up to speed with what goes on (not exclusive) in a watch forum.

May I suggest you stick around, post with love in your fingers and you may just become part of a friendly (lots of banter, so you need to be sharp at times) community. :mrgreen:

I want to buy a watch from the sales corner

Stick around, the 'blood is up' on here the last few days and some people seem to be under hormone control, but usually it's nice and friendly.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman

I agree stick around. In fact I accidentially came across this forum then saw a watch that that I'd never heard of now seen. Smitten I did my homework and decided that many here were enthuisasts and knew their eggs. They also were straight in communicating both positive and negative comments etc. Anyways pm'd the guy and bought the watch. Decided to join as my interests in watches was growing and have enjoyed and learnt. Have been provided with open advice on what to do/not do with regard to buying and some repairs. Also have really learnt alot about brands, etc from the commentary and inputs provided. Like many here have ended up buying some more watches from SC (just bought one) and a few straps. Also flipped one ; another occupational hazzard. In summary well worth joining; and with regard to the post count, its no big deal if youre into watches and cant agree more with the comments regarding 'spurs'

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

R
    If he was, wouldn't he be after a WGS? :P

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum. Lot's of good advice has already been provided so join in, have a good look around, and don't take things too seriously :)

Cheers - Simon

Blog Entries

Yes I did it and it didn't come off to friendly to me regardlless of what was written.
    Sorry, but I think you might be a bit too sensitive here.
    Philip simply told the guy that nothing is going to stop the OP from buying a watch on here as a newbie. And in a totally normal way if you ask me...

Cheers,
    Oliver

Master

Some SC watches are at "good prices" or for "rare watches". For someone with no interest in the forum to come along, waltz in and buy the watch and essentially have access to cheap/rare/unusual/whatever watches... well, you need to "earn" that.
    Minimum post counts are just one way of doing that.

As others have said though, there's the PM function but some sellers are funny about selling to new members anyway.

Master

....slag off Rolex, praise co-axial Omegas, recommend a Monster, laud Gunther Steinhart, collect 15 G-Shocks, ask about ETA supply, go to Basel, complain about a chrono second hand not lining up on 0 and all the other background noise that goes on on these forums? I mean, honestly, whats the point?
    I guess the point is that this is foreground noise, not background noise, as are all the other topics about watches. That's the point of a discussion forum is it not? If we all adopted your attitude then there would just be a stand alone Sales Corner with no requirement to get involved. A bit like eBay then......

I too wanted to get on to the sale section TO BUY!

as I was looking for a watch for my 40th and Google posted up searches for this web site quite abit. So it's really the first port of call..

So far I have had posts deleted, reception has been frosty to say the least.

I think a few people here need to be less a " KEY BOARD WARRIOR " and more of a human being..

I bet if we ever met you wouldn't talk to us new people like you do with your fingers on the keyboard.

Because of one thing and another not being able to find a reliable seller of a nice watch due to blocked out of these watch forums until your gain posts to by able to look to buy my family and I agreed on a nice watch with a new watch maker. And that's CW. So there you go I just mentioned CW and that will mean this post will bound to get deleted now.

From my side I now am interested now I have got my 40th Birthday watch.. in getting involved with classic watches and trying to collect a few and show some interest in an Omega Seamaster.. which i was supprised my post got deleted..

So ease up on some of the new people.. we only want to learn and get involved it's quite clear we are buyers and not living in China trying to gain access to flog watches on the site.. OK peeps.. :?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markuk
    And that's CW. So there you go I just mentioned CW and that will mean this post will bound to get deleted now.

dont be such a drama queen !! :wink:

i am sure this post will stay where it is. which watch did you get? and why not post up a photo and write up for watch talk?

cheers
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by markuk
    I too wanted to get on to the sale section TO BUY!

as I was looking for a watch for my 40th and Google posted up searches for this web site quite abit. So it's really the first port of call..

So far I have had posts deleted, reception has been frosty to say the least.

I think a few people here need to be less a " KEY BOARD WARRIOR " and more of a human being..

I bet if we ever met you wouldn't talk to us new people like you do with your fingers on the keyboard.

Because of one thing and another not being able to find a reliable seller of a nice watch due to blocked out of these watch forums until your gain posts to by able to look to buy my family and I agreed on a nice watch with a new watch maker. And that's CW. So there you go I just mentioned CW and that will mean this post will bound to get deleted now.

From my side I now am interested now I have got my 40th Birthday watch.. in getting involved with classic watches and trying to collect a few and show some interest in an Omega Seamaster.. which i was supprised my post got deleted..

So ease up on some of the new people.. we only want to learn and get involved it's quite clear we are buyers and not living in China trying to gain access to flog watches on the site.. OK peeps.. :?
    The forum owner isn't going to delete your posts for mentioning CW, not all potential sellers are in China and the SC is an integral part of this community for the benefit of forum members, not a stand-alone buy & sell outlet for just anyone.

Perhaps you might want to reflect on just why you've had a 'frosty' reception - and what you could do to change that for the future?

Just a thought.

R

:?:

My orginal post was on the lines of this..

Hi I am new to buying watches I just posted up a question on CW about learning about buying Classic Omega Seamaster.. My father has one he bought new in the 60's and I would like to learn about how to spot fake ones or not so much fake but tampered for an ebay sale watches..so any pointers sites to read about how to learn would be good

That's the post I placed that got deleted.. so what's wrong with that.. ? perhaps you need to have alittle think about being abit funny with people who want to learn GENUINE people, who want to learn..

Your own sig at the bottom of you post says this

Don't you think it's abit pot, kettle and black?? so please do break the chain and not be so frosty to new people WHO WANT TO LEARN.

Now if you want to expand on this send me a PM not on public view as I want to leave this here and draw a line in the sand before this post gets deleted.. I think that's fair to say..?