closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: incoming, a first for me! and now appreciated by better half

incoming, a first for me! and now appreciated by better half

Hi all
    This has just arrived today, it is my first military watch, a CWC G10 issued (0552, year 1989).
    In fact, I didn't really buy the watch for its military heritage (sorry! ), but simply because I loved the look of it, simple dial and legibility.
    Therefore I was looking for a watch which was in very good condition, rather than bearing the marks of years of abuse on battlefields. Felt it had to be an issued one for some reason though, just didn't like the idea of buying a newly made one.

I ended up finding pretty much what i was looking for on the Bay, see photos below...

Loving it so far, will probably treat her to a few NATOs in the near future (I particularly like the braided tropical NATO look on the G10)

Thought I would share...

Re: incoming, a first for me!

Brings back memories, was issued and wore one of these for years, put it through all sorts and never missed a beat.

Master

Looks great. 8) I've had a few of these but always got rid of them. I see them looking fantastic in other peoples pictures/wrist shots but can never gel with them when I have one.

Might be time to give another one a "last go". :lol:
    They look great on a battered old plain grey NATO. 8) 8)

Enjoy!

:D Just got a 89 CWC myself, great little watch IMO, very clean and simple looks and it just works in design terms IMO, quite loud quartz tick though :D

Master

There great watches, I treated myself to a birth year model earlier this year, I must get around to taking some pictures some time.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater
    There great watches, I treated myself to a birth year model earlier this year, I must get around to taking some pictures some time.
    Well you must be younger than me lucky you ! I was looking for my birth year, but G10 were only issued from 1980, so i came to the world a year too early for that!

Master

Very nice and glad you like it.

I loved mine at first but very quickly decided it wasn't for me an sold it on to a more appreciative member. :(

Master

I'm a 1980 vintage 8)

Journeyman

Congratualtions on that lovely piece
    I have considered one myself. For the same reassons. Not the millitary, but the easy readability (probably what the militasry is afteer anyway)

Wear in good health

Best
    Hans

Congratulations on reaching a new level with this affliction. I wouldn't get too hung up on how much battle this watch may have seen; in my experience they were more likely to be seen on the wrists of the SQMS's mates. Bending down to tie their shoelaces was about as active as those buggers ever got.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    As it happens I will probably be shopping for another one soon because for some reason my wife (who's not into watches at all) loves this watch, and has been wearing it pretty much ever since I got it.
    I have to say the relatively small case looks better on her than me!

Re: incoming, a first for me! and now appreciated by better half

No collections complete without one of those little beauties! Mines an 89 RN issue, I have it on a 18mm (I dont like the pinch you seem to get with a 20mm) silvermans grey nato. One of my favourite grab and goes :thumbup: