closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New PO Chrono

New PO Chrono

Tried on a new PO chrono today, and also managed to snap a couple of very poor iPhone pics.

First impressions were that it is a fantastic and very well put together piece of engineering. Very good looking, a real improvement, looks wise, over the previous model. The two sub dials give a much more balanced look to the face. I always felt the dials on the old chrono were too close together.

The main thing that struck me though was the size. It's huge! Comedy big on my small wrists. Aside from the width it's a very tall watch (wouldnt fit under my double cuff).

The detailing is superb and the plongeur chrono hand really does look the busIness.

I was disappointed with the bezel though. It looked flat and washed out, the complete opposite to the bezel on my gmt2c.

I know the display back isn't very popular, but it did look :cool:!

Sorry for the rubbish pics, only had my iPhone to hand, was a little bit pushed for time and the lighting was very harsh:

In comparison to the SD I was wearing;

And finally the price.....

Grand Master

Re: New PO Chrono

I was really wanting one of these, but at that size it's just way too big :(

I am pleased to say I don't like it at all :)
    Gray

Blog Entries

Gorgeous watch but, I've always preferred the less cluttered non-chrono on the PO. I'd love to upgrade my PO for one of the new ones when I get the chance.

Craftsman

Thickness of the case has ruined it for me. I tried the 45mm non chrono on in the Trafford centre the other day. It was also too big (width not depth). If I ever buy one it will be the 42 non chrono titanium. But I have a feeling it will only be made in 45mm

Master
    Blog Entries

Where abouts did you see it? I am off to london on Thursday and fancy trying one on if it was at the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    I think the opposite - Perfect size for me - massive improvement over the old model IMHO

The co-axial movement is always going to be a tad thicker

Display back is a right pain - hopefully that will be an option

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    Where abouts did you see it? I am off to london on Thursday and fancy trying one on if it was at the boutique.
    Omega boutique on Regents Street near Oxford circus. The chap that I spoke with wasn't very clued up on the variants that would be available, but said they were expecting some more next week.

Ps - didn't like the pushers.

:shock: Does that label say £4880

What is happening to prices!

Blog Entries

I don't think its for me, but i do like that bezel.....

Blog Entries

THe blue version is very very nice.
    The size is only for the "larger" people of this planet.

If they did a 42mm version and with that pricetag, they'd have a Daytona killer at their hands. Well, at least for me :)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

My thoughts exactly.

If they do a ladies version in the same proportions as this it might be perfect for me :lol:

Grand Master

As i've said before, it's getting a little bit daft, 45mm and probably 16mm thick, that's a huge thing to pull off for anyone with a wrist under 7 to 7.5", i know we're a growing nation, but some of us aren't :D

I'm guessing the Asian market is what is pushing Omega, it's all been about bigger and shinier with them lately, first the new ploprof, then the 45mm PO and now almost all of them being 45mm, i can't wait to go on timezone and see a load of guys with smaller wrists than mine proudly showing off their new PO's, and biting my lip to stop saying 'nice watch, now give it back to your dad now' :lol:

Grand Master

If Omega made Breitlings... it would look exactly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpuf
    I think the opposite - Perfect size for me - massive improvement over the old model IMHO

The co-axial movement is always going to be a tad thicker
    But it's almost exactly the same size and shape as the old model. 45.5mm across, ~17.5mm deep. Vast, in other words. Although as it has the same case shape, its lugs aren't too long.
    Display back is a right pain - hopefully that will be an option
    I can see smaller companies like Sinn, Archimede etc offering custom-build solid backs, but not Omega.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

looks nice for sure nicer then the old one but its to big and to tall as most mentioned...

S

Master

Gorgeous :drunken: Exactly the watch I have on order, I'm waiting for it to arrive at the Trafford Centre boutique.

Master

Not Omegas biggest fan anyway but the mix of hands on the subdials ruins it for me.

Master

What's the clasp like?

Seems a pretty steep price...for the money I'd rather have a panerai or a Rolex sports model.

Craftsman

Dont know if it is just the pictures but that does come across as almost comedy large, dont think I could feel comfortable with something that large.