closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: F1 watch watching

F1 watch watching

Not seen it before, but at the end of the GP Lewis and Webber put on a watch each (didn't spot one for Alonso). Any ieas what they were? TAG F1 Hamilton? Webbers?

Cheers
    R.

Re: F1 watch watching

I also spotted that.
    I assume webber will have been given a Casio Edifice as they are one of the sponsors or the Red Bull Racing team. I spotted loads of the Red Bull team wearing them in the pit lane shots and they all looked very nice watches I thought.

Also, was Martin Brundle wearing a Richard Mille? I thought I spotted one on his wrist whilst he was doing the starting grid bit!

Journeyman

Hamilton's was a Carrera 1887...and I didn't see Webber's, but I reckon Casio Edifice would be the go given the sponsorship (Webber was a TAG Heuer ambassador but had to terminate the agreement when Casio started sponsoring Red Bull)

Master

I would quite like to have Alex's job.

You always see the top three doning their hats and watches before going to the podium but what they are I don't know.

Craftsman

It's always a sponsors watch.

Red Bull have Casio, McLaren have TAG Heuers, Williams have Oris (not that you see them on the podium these days).

If the team doesn't have a particular sponsor, then the event may be sponsored and drivers are handed those - e.g. a Rolex at Le Mans.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I can well understand Alonso staying out of the lime light with it; for several years running now he is the big time face with lóts tv commercial time of:

My favorite is Clay Regazzoni wearing his TAG-Heuer Silverstone while sitting in his Ferrari.

Whatever the sponsor deals; TAG-Heuer is thé F1 time piece manufacturer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla
    I can well understand Alonso staying out of the lime light with it; for several years running now he is the big time face with lóts tv commercial time of:

And there was me thinking the last viceroy was Mountbatten.......... :roll: :D

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman

do they just get these watches and then chuck them in the cupboard? Likes of Alonso must have quite a large number of those...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mac83
    Likes of Alonso must have quite a large number of those...
    Here he is receiving the ´Ferrari´ one:

Journeyman

Massa is sponsored by Richard Mille, infact he sometimes wears one during the race

Lucky so & so's, as if they don't get enough thrown at them already!!!

Mind you, i'd be chuckin them viceroys right back at 'em!!

My favorite is Clay Regazzoni wearing his TAG-Heuer Silverstone while sitting in his Ferrari.

Whatever the sponsor deals; TAG-Heuer is thé F1 time piece manufacturer.
    Nice to see "Optimum" up close. Is it me or does Alonso look like he should be in The Specials?
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Banned

My favorite is Clay Regazzoni wearing his [s:3hxi5mup]TAG-[/s:3hxi5mup] Heuer Silverstone while sitting in his Ferrari.

Fixed :wink:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by will852
    I assume webber will have been given a Casio Edifice as they are one of the sponsors or the Red Bull Racing team.
    I'd be really upset if I had to wear a Casio Edifice when the other teams got Tags, Orises or Richard Milles. ;-)

Journeyman

...and be forced to drink Red Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by byterofta
    ...and be forced to drink Red Bull!
    +1

I tried it once to see what it was like, to me it tasted horrible and I've never bought any more.

Has anyone noticed what that Jake Humphrey fellow wears...in the past I think it's been a blue Monaco, but nowadays seems to be something chunky on a bracelet.

A true legend... but can anyone tell me what the watch is?

I always see alot of oversized clown watches on F1.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG
    Far too big and silly.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by asimH
    I always see alot of oversized clown watches on F1.
    Far too big and silly.
    As another poster noted, I noticed that Massa actually wears his sometimes - I'm surprised both he and that watch can fit in the car! I think the other driver whom I've noticed wearing a timepiece is Barrichello. I don't suppose there's much time during a race to fiddle with a watch anymore. Although he doesn't appear to wear one when driving, when Hamilton was on Top Gear, he described being a watch collector and mentioned he owns a Breitling Rescue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc
    A true legend... but can anyone tell me what the watch is?

Heuer Chronosplit ?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Has anyone noticed what that Jake Humphrey fellow wears...in the past I think it's been a blue Monaco, but nowadays seems to be something chunky on a bracelet.
    I was trying to work that out yesterday watching the qualifying, and I think it was a Tag Carrera, knowing me though i'm prob wrong :lol:

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

What was Eddie and DC wearing ?

F1 watch watching

Quote Originally Posted by spurs
    I believe they both wear the coulthard endorsed T W Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by cat123
    Quote Originally Posted by spurs
    I believe they both wear the coulthard endorsed T W Steel.

TW Steel. Pure class.

F1 is now a watch-spotters paradise, if you like ostentatious over-sized watches. Although I wouldn't object to having to wave a Richard Mille in front of the cameras.

The Red Bull guys must feel a little peeved, though. Mind you, it's probably the only facet of the team which falls short of the opposition, so I expect they can live with it.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master

I think you'll find that, nowadays, drivers don't wear watches during the race, but all drivers have deals with promoting watch brands as part of their team or personal sponsorship.

If you watch the podium drivers when they are getting weighed, they are handed their caps and watches by Alexander Molina (actually he first dishes out towels and water as that is slightly more urgent). Can't remember if it was ITV or the Beeb that did a brief piece on him a while ago. Bearing in mind that he is on TV so much, he actually looked quite sheepish.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM
    I think you'll find that, nowadays, drivers don't wear watches during the race, but all drivers have deals with promoting watch brands as part of their team or personal sponsorship.

If you watch the podium drivers when they are getting weighed, they are handed their caps and watches by Alexander Molina (actually he first dishes out towels and water as that is slightly more urgent). Can't remember if it was ITV or the Beeb that did a brief piece on him a while ago. Bearing in mind that he is on TV so much, he actually looked quite sheepish.
    Nobody is disputing that Peter, I even mentioned Alex earlier on in this thread.

Master

Jake Humphrey wears a TAG Heuer Grand Carrera Chrono. He wears it everywhere... Saw him at Goodwood this year milling about.

I have a new favourite watch thanks to F1 and am currently on the look out. It's a TAG Heuer Carrera 1887 Chrono, as worn by Jenson Button. I tried one on in Italy and it's stunning. Has their in-house movement etc.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam
    Nobody is disputing that Peter, I even mentioned Alex earlier on in this thread.
    Odd - completely missed it (and I mean I was waiting for somone to post it).

Brain fade, lack of attention or creeping middle-age are to blame. Apologies

Master

^^Nice^^

Quote Originally Posted by PowerStation

That'll match the Ferrari then :lol:

Craftsman

the tag silverstone is a good looking watch, I am not normally a fan of TV shaped watches

Master

Looks like Brundle has a clock strapped to his wrist at Singapore today !.Anybody know what it is ? Must get back to GP now

Master

Just wanted to ask the same thing myself. Quite distinctive though so should not be too tough for somebody. Thought it might possibly be Linde Werdelin but not sure.

Re: F1 watch watching - Jo Siffert

I'm quite late to this party ( i see this thread began way back in July ) but i think its still worth kicking the subject along & posting a photo contribution for the folks out there.
    Here's my 1970, Caliber 11, 1163T Heuer Autavia - otherwise known as the Siffert model.

IMG_2874 by public daz, on Flickr

Another angle with Jo showing off his watch

IMG_2881 by public daz, on Flickr

And the inner workings

IMG_2902 by public daz, on Flickr
    I enjoy this watch immensely on a blue leather strap, not just becuase it is associated with a famous racing driver but its pleasing black on white dial with the small blue highlights. A thrill to wear.
    Cheers - Darren

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon
    I'd be really upset if I had to wear a Casio Edifice when the other teams got Tags, Orises or Richard Milles. ;-)
    Not as upset as you'd be if you had to drive a McLaren, Williams or Mercedes whilst the others drove a Red Bull! :lol:

Some interesting air brushing. His right arm looks like a warewolf, and his left smooth and hairless.

Viceroy...what an ugly watch...of all the brands he had to go for that one...well I reckon that there's a balance between the beliefs of the athlete and money...in this case money weighed a lot heavier :lol:

Hamilton wears a TAG Heur Grand Carrera (custom made for him)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f
    Looks like Brundle has a clock strapped to his wrist at Singapore today !.Anybody know what it is ? Must get back to GP now
    Looked like a Seiko Monster homage to me................................

Stef