closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths W10

Smiths W10

Here is my recently acquired minty Smiths W10, after having an overhaul it's running superbly. I have it on a 16mm nato.

... and here is Eddie's PRS-29A on my wrist for comparison. I no longer have this watch but i'm constantly tempted to buy another.

Master

Re: Smiths W10

Bothvery nice. The prs 29a is alovely watch,mine lost only 5s per day but unfortunately with my glasses on the numbers were too small ,might think about stowa or speedbird instead

[quote="AndySquirrel"]Here is my recently acquired minty Smiths W10, after having an overhaul it's running superbly. I have it on a 16mm nato.

... and here is Eddie's PRS-29A on my wrist for comparison. I no longer have this watch but i'm constantly tempted to buy another.

quote]

A superb pair Andy. Eddies PRS is a great tribute to the Smiths.
    I am :mrgreen:

Kind regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f
    Bothvery nice. The prs 29a is alovely watch,mine lost only 5s per day but unfortunately with my glasses on the numbers were too small ,might think about stowa or speedbird instead
    I noticed you saying the same on another thread ... what do you mean by the numbers being too small? Do you actually look at the numbers when you check the time? What do you do with watchfaces that only have indices?

I never noticed how much more elegant the numbers are on the original than on the homage.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

That's in great condition, I had one a good one years ago but would be out of my price range now so I got one of Eddies which is my favourite watch.

Master

I mostly like to have numbers, what i am used to.I wear glasses for distance but not reading so if i look at something up close with them on it can be out of focus.I really liked the look of the prs29a on the net but found wearing it i had to take them off when i looked at it.!
    As you might expect i have no such problem with prs20.
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f
    I mostly like to have numbers, what i am used to.I wear glasses for distance but not reading so if i look at something up close with them on it can be out of focus.I really liked the look of the prs29a on the net but found wearing it i had to take them off when i looked at it.!
    As you might expect i have no such problem with prs20.
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?
    I wear glasses for distance and I don't have any trouble focusing on the dial. I can even read "made in england" perfectly. The PRS20 is a much bigger watch. I hate to say it but it sounds like you need to see an optician!

Master

Well for me i guess its a reason why certain sorts of dial seem to 'work'.I posted some pics yesterday and you can see the citizen and the longines both have fairly large numbers.I thought the prs29a would be fine but i noticed i wasnt really wearing it enough. Its a downside of buying off internet something which you have'nt seen and felt.

Here is how it compares with my other British military watches

Master

Very nice ,especially like cwc quartz.

You have a great collection, Andy. I love the second markers on the dial. And I love the entire dials on these military marvels!

I had got my first CWC G10 from a very good friend / co-worker of mine. I wish I had kept that one. I got my second CWC G10 from very same friend, but this time I will keep it in my collection. 1980 fatboy model.

My interest is also growing on Pulsar, Precista, and now Smiths :bounce: Why do I check this BMW section this often anyway? I am having hard time to keep my "No more watches darling, promise" promise to my wife

Thanks a lot for sharing these lovely fotos and precious info.

Capt. Serdal

Lovely addition to a very nice collection 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco-T
    Lovely addition to a very nice collection 8)
    [quoteHere is my recently acquired minty Smiths W10, after having an overhaul it's running superbly. I have it on a 16mm nato.][/quote]

Andy , that is a gorgeous dial you have there. In my opinion, it can stand up to an IWC Mk XI dial anyday!
    Congratulations on that piece!

Journeyman

Very very nice, both of them
    I am still to find my Mr Smith
    :lol:

Best
    Hans

Apprentice

Beautiful watch; I love those W10s.

Master

Nice watch! I have my PRS-29A on a brown NATO at the moment. I think I'll put it back on the grey one for a bit.

Very nice watches...

I wear my Smiths 29B on a shell cordovan strap.

Loved your post and seeing the two next to each other.

Myron
    Last edited by Myron; 30th November 2013 at 01:57.

Yes, it's such a simple and yet classic design - optimum clarity and nothing else. I've had many watches that I cannot read at a glance - the Flightmaster and Rolex GMT spring to mind. Now, I prefer these simple designs

Cheers