Journeyman

some cool cave diving pics

Orda Cave in Russia

gallery here

might be more here
    sample

couldn't see any watches but enjoy!

Re: some cool cave diving pics

Impressive shots, the water is so clean I there was not a diver in shot you could easily think it was a normal cave

Beautiful.

Master

Double claustrophobia.

Being under water is bad enough. Being under water and in a cave ... I'd vomit in my mask.

Stunning photos.

Blog Entries

That's great to look at 8) .
    But I still wonder..........what will the man be wearing as a watch in that cave under water? :D

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks
    But I still wonder..........what will the man be wearing as a watch in that cave under water? :D

Daddel.

a JLC Reverso....? 8)

great pics !

Master

Stunning pics

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks

Daddel.
    Probably a dive computer, Suunto maybe, or similar.

Stunning pictures. I'm always impressed with pics of cave diving, but I don't think I'd do it myself, strictly open water!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker
    Double claustrophobia.

Being under water is bad enough. Being under water and in a cave ... I'd vomit in my mask.
    Only Caving itself fills me with any more dread !!

Craftsman

I love recreational diving, but cave diving takes a bigger set of balls than I have. Maybe one day, but until then I'll admire your great pics. :)

Journeyman

Where are the fishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Where are the fishes?
    The clarity of the water is due, in part, to the high proportions of gypsum in the water. Might also account for the lack of life, but I'm not entirely sure.

Damn... hoping to be in similarly clear waters at home in Iceland for my PADI Advanced this summer!

Master

Awesome pictures, reminds me of cenote diving in Mexico. Its really not that bad you know!

Having said that it depends on how deep you are in the cave system and how narrow the walls are.
    [thread hijack]
    Here's a picture I took last year which sharpens the mind! :lol:

And this is why I do it:

[/thread hijack]
    :wink:

For some reason those caves make me feel really tired :|

Wow that last shot, beautiful indeed! I'll just stick to snorkling instead. But we want to see some shots with watches in em :P

lovely shots. Never been deep sea diving but pictures like these make me want to try.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff

How odd, or maybe just not to your taste?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen

No, no I really like them. Just get a huge sense of calm when looking at them.

I am a weirdo mind.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen

I am a weirdo mind.

Fair enough! :lol:

I do get what you mean though, diving is very much a relaxing activity. Very Zen in fact 8)
    Nothing compares to the weightless feeling you get, even more so in water that is so clear-almost like flying.

Great pictures. There's ice at the entry to the cave (at least I think that's what it is), so it's bloody cold as well. Exceptionally cool, makes you wish to go there. I don't really care for that diving business though.

Apprentice

very nice and thrilling, gave me goosebumps actually..

Quote Originally Posted by horrovac
    Great pictures. There's ice at the entry to the cave (at least I think that's what it is), so it's bloody cold as well. Exceptionally cool, makes you wish to go there. I don't really care for that diving business though.
    -20 topside. About 3 degrees water temp.

I am a weirdo mind.
    Nothing weird about a feeling of calmness and diving.

Some divers will tell you of that feeling and similar that they've experienced at certain times and indeed some go diving specifically for it. You'll not likely find it by the normal "follow the dive-guide around the reef and don't stop to look at the fishes and me in sight at all times and your buddy within five metres of you and keep checking your air and the first one to a hundred bar tell me and we will turn round then and we will all surface with fifty bar lets go" type of diving though. :wink:

As an aid to meditation, being weightless in the water takes some beating and even more so when in warm water. I've fell asleep more than once whilst on a deco stop or even whilst just waiting for something photogenic to turn up, such is the relaxed state you can achieve.

That you can feel calm by just looking at images of an underwater scene suggests you might find diving to your taste, give it a try sometime.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

I achieve a similar feeling when I put my ears underwater whilst in the bath, wearing my Scubapro!
    an hour and fifteen minutes without the aid of tanks!!

Nothing photogenic has ever POPPED UP though!!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

I am a weirdo mind.
    Nothing weird about a feeling of calmness and diving.

Some divers will tell you of that feeling and similar that they've experienced at certain times and indeed some go diving specifically for it. You'll not likely find it by the normal "follow the dive-guide around the reef and don't stop to look at the fishes and me in sight at all times and your buddy within five metres of you and keep checking your air and the first one to a hundred bar tell me and we will turn round then and we will all surface with fifty bar lets go" type of diving though. :wink:

As an aid to meditation, being weightless in the water takes some beating and even more so when in warm water. I've fell asleep more than once whilst on a deco stop or even whilst just waiting for something photogenic to turn up, such is the relaxed state you can achieve.

That you can feel calm by just looking at images of an underwater scene suggests you might find diving to your taste, give it a try sometime.

R
    I would love to Ralphy but I have quite a fear of the sea :(

Big girls dress!

R
    :D :D :D

Your dialogue reminded me of something:

Although strangely I did find time to chill out and pet some friendly fish which did send me into a very relaxed state, weightless, deep breathing, warm and a hypnotic fish that liked having grit dribbled on it's back... :drunken:

Cheers
    Gray

Craftsman

Awesome pics! Really gets me thinking about getting my cert.

Journeyman

Love that 2nd pic - I really must give underwater photography a go.

"You'll not likely find it by the normal follow the dive-guide around the reef and don't stop to look at the fishes and me in sight at all times and your buddy within five metres of you and keep checking your air and the first one to a hundred bar tell me and we will turn round then and we will all surface with fifty bar lets go" type of diving though. :wink:
    Haha this is so true

I can remember the first time I had a diving lesson: your body thinks "what the hell are you doing..you cannot breathe here!" and you start to breathe heavily for a while, until your body finally flips the switch, and you feel relaxed and comfortable.

Unfortunately I cannot dive anymore due to medical reasons, but it's like being on another planet almost: peace and quiet..only your own breathing.

I miss it sometimes :(
    I compensate by wearing more divers and making pictures of them submerged in my bathtub I guess :lol:

Master

I've fell asleep more than once whilst on a deco stop or even whilst just waiting for something photogenic to turn up, such is the relaxed state you can achieve.

8)
    That's incredible, I don't think I've ever been quite that relaxed on a dive. Mind you after so much dive experience I guess being underwater is now second nature to you. I just wish I had more opportunity to dive other than one or two times a year....

Quite stunning.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Where are the fishes?
    The clarity of the water is due, in part, to the high proportions of gypsum in the water. Might also account for the lack of life, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Interesting point. I suspect that while the dissolved gypsum might act to flocculate sediment that enters the system the bigger factor for clarity might be that the water present has seeped through the rock, thus filtering it, rather than being sediment carrying surface water. Also it looks like a karst landform so the main erosion process would be dissolution of the rock which wouldn’t produce much in the way of localised particles/sediment. But I will add that I know nothing about this cave and it has been a long time since I even thought about geology... (thankfully :wink:)

Not sure you'd catch me diving in there either. That sanctum movie gave me the willies.

Wow stunning images. I reckon they'd make nice decorative art (divers photoshoped out). :D

Thanks for posting