closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current grails?

Re: Current grails?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H
    My absolute grail is the Rolex 116610LN. Hoping for a used one to pop up for which I can part ex my EX II WD, but for now a 16610LN would suffice.

trust me, this thing looks even better in the flesh.

I was at a certain swiss watch shop today - obviously not authorised to sell Rolex. the staff dropped their JLC, Omegas, Tags and Breitlings and WTF ever and flocked like sheep to view the humble Sub.

The simplest experiment ever - literally place the SubC next to any of these (like the staff and i did today) and its stunning quality, value and residuals suddenly make complete, instant and simple sense to any naked eye. i like this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb190

A nice dress watch for me but very unobtainable :(
    Love the Omega hands in that beautiful blue, that contrasts perfectly with the dial.
    Oh my! Please tell a poor Omega-loving nOOb more about this absolute stunner!

i want an ap rose gold chrono with the black rubber bezel n strap, since trying one on last yr ive always hankered for one, think used they r about 16k though, fantastic watch imo
    before that it was a white dial ss daytona, which ive had now for nearly 2 yrs and still enjoy wearing it

andy

I tried an AP Royal Oak yesterday at the AD in Wilmslow.

It looked stunning, smaller and much more elegant than the Offshore
    AP is a brand with a long tradition, ignore the crass association with Schwarzenegger, premier league players etc.

They start from £10k new, so a decent pre-loved model may soon be achievable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog
    An AP Royal Oak of sorts, in fact not dissimilar to the one on Sc recently. I thought I was into the Offshores but now I am not so sure. So either that or a PP Nautilus should tick my current grail box. I do think that a grail should be attainable at some point and I hope to get my greasy mits on the AP one year soon.....

Grand Master

The 'grail' that i wanted to own i did, it was the AP RO Chrono, but i never used the chrono so sold it to get an AP RO, which is a great watch, i'm also quite lucky that i got it when i did, as the prices are just getting daft now :shock:

As for the real grail, well that's like the above poster, the Lange and Sohne Double Split, i'd wear it backwards so i could just look at that movement all day long, although unless i win the lottery it aint going to happen :lol:

My grail have for a long time been to have this two in my winder at the same time
    JLC Polaris
    Rolex Deep Sea (on the hunt)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    The 'grail' that i wanted to own i did, it was the AP RO Chrono, but i never used the chrono so sold it to get an AP RO, which is a great watch, i'm also quite lucky that i got it when i did, as the prices are just getting daft now :shock:
    I'd say something on my longer-term grail list would be a rose gold 15300. Longer-tem not due to price, because I could sell a few bits just now and get a pre-owned one, but due to thinking I'm still a bit young for the gold-game. I tried that yellow gold DJ on leather the other month and it lasted a day... :lol:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3
    Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    I'd say something on my longer-term grail list would be a rose gold 15300. Longer-tem not due to price, because I could sell a few bits just now and get a pre-owned one, but due to thinking I'm still a bit young for the gold-game. I tried that yellow gold DJ on leather the other month and it lasted a day... :lol:

I did think you were going full on P.I.M.P, but you pulled yourself back from the precipice :D

A rose gold AP RO would be a good one for me as well, but it would have to have the gold bracelet, as those deployant clasps are evil, i wouldn't mind a solid gold AP RO skeleton as well, the gold Diver looks good as well!

Mine was the Speedmaster Pro >>

But now i cannot think of another one off hand because i got the Grail i wanted/..

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Viking72
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb190

A nice dress watch for me but very unobtainable :(
    Love the Omega hands in that beautiful blue, that contrasts perfectly with the dial.
    Oh my! Please tell a poor Omega-loving nOOb more about this absolute stunner!
    It's a white gold Limited Edition Railmaster XXL. A lot of dosh...if you can find one !
    http://www.worldwatchreview.com/2010/10 ... l-seconds/

Seamaster Mariner I and Marine Chronometer added to my "grail" list.

Current grails?

Thought about this long and hard since landing the Navitimer. My latest grail is a Zenith De Luca.

Rarely see them never mind on sale.

and a Double Red SD would do very nicely.

A massive lottery win might see me go for

and

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Not hugely expensive but hard work to find a decent one.... 8)

My current:

Just ordered a Vintage VDB so ticked that off the list. My current must have/need grail is the MKII Kingston. Sold out now although some appearing on the SC (who waits 2 years+ then flips??!!) but not prepared to pay current premium. I guess i'll have to wait a while & see if they re-issue or things settle down. I've needed watches before but not quite as desperately as i need this one. Apart from the Speedy Pro this could be a forever watch.
    Everything a watch should be, not surprising as made with the collaboration of WUS WIS's.

Craftsman

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie
    Just ordered a Vintage VDB so ticked that off the list. My current must have/need grail is the MKII Kingston. Sold out now although some appearing on the SC (who waits 2 years+ then flips??!!) but not prepared to pay current premium. I guess i'll have to wait a while & see if they re-issue or things settle down. I've needed watches before but not quite as desperately as i need this one. Apart from the Speedy Pro this could be a forever watch.
    Everything a watch should be, not surprising as made with the collaboration of WUS WIS's.
    Good choice. 8)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post
    Not hugely expensive but hard work to find a decent one.... 8)
    That is STUNNING. What year is that from? Do you know what movement it came with?

I don't really have one, which makes things a bit boring, really. I need to find myself one!

I guess the Paul Newman Daytona would be a good candidate for a tireless quest. :)

It used to be the Tudor Monte Carlo and the Zenith A386 but I scratched both itches in the last couple of years, with the former still being my favourite watch to date.

Journeyman
    There are several watches I would like to have but I guess my top grail is Sarpaneva Korona K1 with black dial. I may never get it unless I won in lottery.

Second runner up is Glasshütte Original Senator Sixties Square Chronograph.

Then again I like Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox Deep Sea and Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph too... but I guess Glashütte Original is still somewhat realistic grail to me to have someday.

Last edited by opop; 4th August 2013 at 06:26.

I'm sure I've seen this thread before hmmm
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

This

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Just a plain old AP Royal Oak like the one recently on our SC. Maybe for my 40th.
    Wow, spotted this old thread brought back from the dead and thought about all the watches I would like and remembered that I would still to try the classic 3 hand AP Royal Oak. Doesn't time fly.

Journeyman
    Just boring old Omega Seamaster for me, in black with ceramic bezel.

Only problem is I'm buying all sorts of watches and not really saving for one as such, bought 2 seikos, a Getat, and loads of Natos.

How will I ever get there when I'm buying others to scratch an itch?

I wonder how many people who listed their grails in 2011 actually got them? It would be interesting to hear if they still have them and whether it was worth the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
    I wonder how many people who listed their grails in 2011 actually got them? It would be interesting to hear if they still have them and whether it was worth the chase.
    TMS wanted a white gold Sub with blue dial...

I wanted an Omega Seamaster 1000M but didn't mention it on this thread. I now have one though.
    "A man of little significance"

My top grails include:

Pam513
    Original longines chrono 13zn (18k)
    5514 comex sub
    JLC master ultra thin

To name but a few....
    Last edited by Andyc319; 4th August 2013 at 10:59. Reason: N/a

Rolex - Vintage: 1680 Red Sub, Zenith 'Floating' White Daytona Stainless Steel; Modern: DSSD
    Omega - Vintage: Mk III Speedmaster, X-33; Modern: Z-33

Alas, no funds ......

Id like a birth year speedmaster as I miss my old one that I had to sale as I was skint will I had to sell all of my watches at one point (shit happens) :-( and a vintage sub or GMT but in time as im in know rush as im enjoying my self too much with micro brands at the mo. But as they say all good things come to those who wait. I hope :-D

Birth year Daytona or any Patek.

Really fancy a Jacques Etoile Atlantis at the minute.
    But something keeps turning up to swallow the 1K I need!

One day real soon though...

Master
    I'd like a Franck Muller crazy hours in a precious metal...

For me it would have to be this

Patek Calatrava 5196p. A sublime watch.

Some kind of Lange and Sohne, Lange 1 / Saxonia / 1815. That will have to wait for my retirement lump sum, or a lottery win.

D

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

and a Double Red SD would do very nicely.

A massive lottery win might see me go for

and
    Love the Lange and differently shaped black one whose name escapes me.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Just got my Speedy Pro today from SC and I think a white gold Patek should finish things off for me. Not sure whether it'll be a Calatrava, Gondolo or a complicated piece yet, but it's a long way off whatever it turns out to be!

I'm keen on the Gondolo 5124g, the Annual Calender 5146g and the new Calatrava 5227g

Cost no object, I'd have a JLC Gyrotourbillon for starters!
    Last edited by Nagraboy; 4th August 2013 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by opop View Post
    There are several watches I would like to have but I guess my top grail is Sarpaneva Korona K1 with black dial. I may never get it unless I won in lottery.

Second runner up is Glasshütte Original Senator Sixties Square Chronograph.

Then again I like Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox Deep Sea and Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph too... but I guess Glashütte Original is still somewhat realistic grail to me to have someday.
    How much for the Sarpaneva? Never heard of them.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
    I got the one I mentioned. Beautiful piece with a clever movement and fantastic build quality.

Malc

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcrowley View Post
    How much for the Sarpaneva? Never heard of them.
    Last time I heard, the price was 9750 Euros. Could be more today. Sarpaneva is a Finnish niche brand of Stepan Sarpaneva whose yearly production is less than hundred pieces or so. Stepan does unique watches and continue the designer legacy of his family as his father Pentti designed jewellery and glass and his uncle Timo was also famous glass and metal designer. Stepan has also a line of more affordable watches called "S.U.F. Helsinki" which are something like 2000-3000 Euros piece.
    Last edited by opop; 4th August 2013 at 19:48.

Journeyman
    Bummer, seems like Sarpaneva Korona K1 is sold out and discontinued.

May have asked this but got any pics ?
    Paul

Greubel Forsey Secret for me please.

Craftsman
    Breitling Navitimer World, blue face and blue leather strap. I lust for one right now but just bought a Omega Planet Ocean so have to wait awhile before I can justify buying another watch.

Journeyman
    Can me crazy, but I lust for a Eterna NIB KonTiki Diver. Ever since I've saw it, I felt like it was so different, I needed to own one. Have one for sale?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craftsman
    I would absolutely love an Albino or Paul Newman Daytona, but I'd quite happily settle for a 6263 panda dial. Picture shamelessly stolen from here. The perfect sports watch, IMHO, and one of the most beautiful Rolexes out there.

On the more affordable and dressy side, I'd love an IWC Portuguese Chronograph. RG with silver dial would be amazing, but I'd also be more than happy with the SS silver dial. There are many more interesting and exclusive dress watches out there, and a PP Calatrava should perhaps be my first choice, but there's just something special about the IWC that I can't get out of my head.

Apparently I have a chronograph thirst that desperately needs quenching.

Journeyman
    My grail is a vintage Seiko 6159 diver .. hope to own one someday.

uploadfromtaptalk1375762137638.jpg

Fortis B-42 Marinemaster Titanium / PVD (most comfortable watch I've owned)

Former grail :-)
    Sinn U1

I would love to have a Bremont MB-2 someday in the future
    Last edited by Shounen; 6th August 2013 at 08:44.

The Sarpanevas are very cool watches. Currently I am in love with the Glashutte Lunar Panomatic XL. Pic stolen from web:

I could afford this with a small reshuffle, but I am very content with my collection (may even sell a few unloved things). I have been looking for a watch in a 'reasonable' price i.e. under 10k that would make me very content and ended up with this. I list this as a Grail as I want to buy it without selling anything and that will take some time....