closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginault

Ginault

http://www.ginault.com/watches.html

have a look around there site, sub a likes- I know, anyone got one or seen one is the metal?

Re: Ginault

I've only seen the website, they look ok though.

Never heard of them but they look good, is it me or are there a lot like this around at the moment.

Craftsman

Quite like the look of that silent service but know nothing at all about them and $775 looks steep for a brand I have never heard of. Like the OP would be interested to hear more information.

Charles from Ginault tried to get some advice on their watches here last year - but got a pretty rough deal. Not sure he's posted since...

Shame. Seems this Forum doesn't like people making homage watches...

Hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    Charles from Ginault tried to get some advice on their watches here last year - but got a pretty rough deal. Not sure he's posted since...

Shame. Seems this Forum doesn't like people making homage watches...

Hey ho.
    i dont think its what he was doing , but the way he did it - no intro, nothing. its obvious this is eddies site and one of his potential competitors coming on here to do a bit of market research on the fly...well, i think that may have had something to do with his reception. shame, cos i thought what he was doing was fairly interesting.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

They look good but I like the section on design concept, shouldn't it read as: Google Rolex, right click, save as...

Apprentice
    Just bought one great watch see reviews

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The quality looks amazing for the money homage or not. Will they hold up as an everyday watch, too early to say obviously. I would definitely try one for a year and see how I go.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    The quality looks amazing for the money homage or not. Will they hold up as an everyday watch, too early to say obviously. I would definitely try one for a year and see how I go.
    I've had mine for the last month worn every day . No issues

Master
    Yep, past 17 days it's been on the wrist. A joy to look at (the sand lume is gorgeous) and within 2 secs per day.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    I think a few photos are needed guys

Master

:-) had mine for a few months, luv it !

Master
    Looks great and that's the one I'd like to get. What's the timing like?

I'm looking forward to mine arriving. It's like a best of remix of Rolex which wouldn't otherwise be available at less than a tenth of the price...

Craftsman
    Can these still be had at the 50% off discounts?

Master
    I'm trying to like them, but have failed so far. I really don't like "hand built in America" on the dial either (nothing at all against America by the way)

Craftsman
    Looks very nice.
    What is "Kinetic Continuous Date"? Is it Perpetual calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kosumi View Post
    Looks very nice.
    What is "Kinetic Continuous Date"? Is it Perpetual calendar?
    It's just their smarty way of saying automatic with date, not perpetual calendar.

Master
    I've just noticed they have "chronometer" on the dial. Are they COSC rated then??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    I've just noticed they have "chronometer" on the dial. Are they COSC rated then??
    No, they are not using the term in its strict industry meaning, although each piece comes with a 6 weeks record of its timekeeping, typically within 2 secs per day in various positions. Rather they are using chronometer in the literal 'time measuring' meaning.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJ View Post
    Can these still be had at the 50% off discounts?

i tried but got 35-40 off so not really unless i wasnt firm enough

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    It's just their smarty way of saying automatic with date, not perpetual calendar.
    Oh I see thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by P ELLIS View Post
    i tried but got 35-40 off so not really unless i wasnt firm enough
    Yup same. I tried being firm but I reckon 40 is the max. What's better however now is that they ship direct from Europe so no customs duty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Yup same. I tried being firm but I reckon 40 is the max. What's better however now is that they ship direct from Europe so no customs duty.
    Got yours yet? :-)

I'm considering getting one, my good old Invicta 9937 needs replacing. Various reviews are excellent about the Ginault watch. Currently I'm thinking of letting a couple of watches escape my collection to gather funds for a purchase. I would prefer to buy one used but in LNIB condition. Specificly the no-date version with the "sand" numerals.
    I have read rumours that the founder of Ginault used to be a well known manufacturer of fake Rolex watches, don't know if that is true though.
    Just one of those things that one picks up on various sites.

Master
    Looks great and that's the one I'd like to get. What's the timing like?
    Mines been really good within 2-3
    Seconds- I was a bit sceptical at first regarding the brand but as long as you get the 40% discount then you can't go wrong.

I'm away on holiday ATM and took my Omega Master with me, strangely enough I can't wait to get the Ginault back on my wrist! I love the two tone bezel, very striking.

Master
    Mines been really good within 2-3
    Seconds- I was a bit sceptical at first regarding the brand but as long as you get the 40% discount then you can't go wrong.

I'm away on holiday ATM and took my Omega Master with me, strangely enough I can't wait to get the Ginault back on my wrist! I love the two tone bezel, very striking.

Good to hear and that was what I had been quoted with regards a discount, which is ok in my book. I must admit though the non date looks awesome as well

Master

Ginault

Good to hear and that was what I had been quoted with regards a discount, which is ok in my book. I must admit though the non date looks awesome as well
    Yes, I agree-I only went with a Date version as my Omega hasn't got a date function. Rumour has it that they're launching some new models very shortly
    So interesting to see what they come up with or copy :-)

40% seems to be norm and shipping from Europe makes it an interesting piece- Always surprised there's not more talk of them on here......

Last edited by Rob153; 19th September 2017 at 14:19.

Master
    Yes, I agree-I only went with a Date version as my Omega hasn't got a date function. Rumour has it that they're launching some new models very shortly
    So interesting to see what they come up with or copy :-)

40% seems to be norm and shipping from Europe makes it an interesting piece- Always surprised there's not more talk of them on here......

Yes will be interesting to see some new models and luckily for me here in Oz, no import on items up to $1000. I think perhaps many feel it's all a step too far with regards the fine line that some homages tread.

I don't really see how it's a step too far re being a homage, it's an amalgam of several different Rolex models which is more than the sum of its parts and certainly the milsub hands are not exactly easily available, plus never have been with a maxi dial, let alone a red seconds hand. I think these are much less derivative than Steinhart.

Master
    There's always going to be a lot of negative comments ref Ginault purely due to the design however you want to put it of the watch- I bought purely because I liked it nothing to do with it looking like a Sub- I've owned a couple of Steinharts the Ocean Rover beats it 'hands down' in every department IMO. Can't wait to see what they're going to offer up next.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Seems a bit more palatable for a replica

Master
    Ginault is very heavily linked to being involved in making replicas, one of the main reasons why most dont give them any notice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Ginault is very heavily linked to being involved in making replicas, one of the main reasons why most dont give them any notice
    Is there any proof of that or is it speculation?

Master
    Is there any proof of that or is it speculation?
    Proof, like Scotland Yard is going to arrest someone? Probably not. Have people dug around and found tons of circumstantial evidence? For sure.

Off the top of my head there was an owner of a fake watch company posting about wanting to go legit on one of the fake forums. The guy's name was somehow derivative of this brands owner's name. Also, the fake watch company website was registered to an address next door to this brand. The factories are on the same block. Just stuff like that, that makes it seem so incredibly unlikely that they aren't related in some way. The guy's response was really weird when he was confronted with this information, as well.

Someone put together a great thread with links to all the info. Maybe on WUS. I don't recall.
    Last edited by JP Chestnut; 20th September 2017 at 01:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Proof, like Scotland Yard is going to arrest someone? Probably not. Have people dig around and found tons of circumstantial evidence? For sure.
    Proof could mean a solid link to the two, which is incontrovertible, which I have yet to read. Has nothing to do with formal arrests or proceedings, obviously.

Just read your edit. Cheers.
    Last edited by stix; 20th September 2017 at 01:27.

Master
    Proof could mean a solid link to the two, which is incontrovertible, which I have yet to read. Has nothing to do with formal arrests or proceedings, obviously.

Just read your edit. Cheers.
    Happy to share. Sorry I don't have the links handy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Happy to share. Sorry I don't have the links handy.
    No prob. I'm not sure how I feel to be honest as I like the designs. Plenty of other choices for sure

Master
    No prob. I'm not sure how I feel to be honest as I like the designs. Plenty of other choices for sure
    I know people who own one, acknowledge that it's probably made by a guy who made fakes, and still enjoy it. It seems remarkably high quality for the price. All the guys on the fake watch forums where bummed when the supposed precursor brand stopped producing. They loved the quality.

Doesn't bother me if the makers honed their skills on fake watches but then decided to make legitimate watches. Perhaps they should have called the brand Corleone.. In fact I suspect the fake watch market is fairly unforgiving in terms of quality and so might be a good testing ground.

I like it. My friend recently bought one and adores it. I do have one criticism though. The words on the dial. The choice of words just seems weird and wayyyy too many of them also. I feel the same about the 5 line Pelagos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

That's the one I'd go for, what a beauty!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    That's the one I'd go for, what a beauty!
    Certainly is! Looks even better in the flesh my photographic skills are crap to say the least......

I dont mind them really, its another diver, which is good as i mostly like that style.
    But what im finding a bit hard to swallow is the connection to fakes, I dont think it is ok to hone your watch making skills by making fakes, then progress to a legitimate company by making homage type watches even if they are a mash up of several different models.
    If the link to fakes is real then surely there is no room on this forum for that company regardless of how they brand their wares.
    I do like an homage or two but im having difficulty with this manufactorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I dont mind them really, its another diver, which is good as i mostly like that style.
    But what im finding a bit hard to swallow is the connection to fakes, I dont think it is ok to hone your watch making skills by making fakes, then progress to a legitimate company by making homage type watches even if they are a mash up of several different models.
    If the link to fakes is real then surely there is no room on this forum for that company regardless of how they brand their wares.
    I do like an homage or two but im having difficulty with this manufactorer.
    He/they don't make fakes now so.... meh

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    He/they don't make fakes now so.... meh

Gosh thats very grown up !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Gosh thats very grown up !!!
    Well he's running a legit business with homage watches of a decent standard now. So who am I to say buy or don't buy from them

Master
    So from what I can glean from my search, TC Caddell is allegedly the man behind Ginault and also prior, allegedly a well known rep Rolex maker. I can't deny his rep Subs are amazingly good judging from the photos I have seen. There was also a rep model with a red seconds hand which was uncannily similar to the Ocean Rover.

Food for thought and just in case some of you might like to know.

Case in point:

Last edited by stix; 22nd September 2017 at 05:51.

Journeyman
    I received the blue/gold bezel yesterday and it's a well made watch and looks good. I received 40% off which I believe should be the rrp of this watch. Having had it on the wrist for two days it's running well, rotor a little noisey.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk