closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ebay dilemma - does this look dodgy?

ebay dilemma - does this look dodgy?

There is a seiko 6138-8020 chrono on the 'bay, exactly the one I want, price is very good... But I'm not sure about the seller. It is bigben_watch, registered in UK, feedback 100% positive, but only 19 ratings. There is another seller, with exactly the same name (except for the missing underscore) from Phillipines, good feedback, 500 transactions, so there is a possibility that this one is trying to capitalise on good feedback from another seller. Am I just paranoid, or is this really dodgy?

I'm currently desperately trying to hold back. It looks dodgy enough for me to pass it up - and I would, if I were a sensible, intelligent person without addiction issues. But I want that thing badly. So please help - does anyone know this bloke? Is this legit?

edit: fixed typo in title

Re: ebay dillemma - does this look dodgy?

Quote Originally Posted by horrovac
    There is a seiko 6138-8020 chrono on the 'bay, exactly the one I want, price is very good... But I'm not sure about the seller. It is bigben_watch, registered in UK, feedback 100% positive, but only 19 ratings. There is another seller, with exactly the same name (except for the missing underscore) from Phillipines, good feedback, 500 transactions, so there is a possibility that this one is trying to capitalise on good feedback from another seller. Am I just paranoid, or is this really dodgy?

I'm currently desperately trying to hold back. It looks dodgy enough for me to pass it up - and I would, if I were a sensible, intelligent person without addiction issues. But I want that thing badly. So please help - does anyone know this bloke? Is this legit?

If you put a link up to the sale, that might help.

Re: ebay dillemma - does this look dodgy?

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Quote Originally Posted by horrovac

If you put a link up to the sale, that might help.
    If that's ok? - hope I'm not breaking the rules, I thought since it was easy to find when searching for the model number I'll leave it... Anyway, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.at/Rare-vintage-Seiko-c ... 502wt_1141

Master

Re: ebay dilemma - does this look dodgy?

Quote Originally Posted by nictry
    Quite, that's the one.

I have looked at the previous transactions again, looks frankly like someone who's selling off someone's collection, not like a scammer... The buyers giving feedback to him seem legit, so it's probably ok. I'm still holding off waiting for input, but I have become more confident and will probably buy soon (and will then likely find out that I've fallen pray to a massive scam... :) )

Journeyman

If you are in UK and pay by Paypal, and find something very wrong, you will be at NO risk, as Paypal is
    "vicious " with sellers and will give a wronged buyer his money back in a flash no matter what story
    they give. So if its something you really want and the price seems right you will be okay.

At the end of the day you can only carry out the usual checks, he appears to be okay to me, but you have to be happy, if you have any doubts, at all, then just walk away.
    As already said paypal will give you some form of a safety net.

You could always see if anyone here has one...
    "A man of little significance"