closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC G10 Navigator goes for £210!!

Journeyman

CWC G10 Navigator goes for £210!!

Realise these are rare but..

:shock: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156 :shock:

Re: CWC G10 Navigator goes for £210!!

I paid not far off that for my 96 CWC G10 navigator they are as rare as rocking horse droppings and took me he's to find one.

Master

The "fat" case adds quite a bit to the value.
    Having researched the early CWC quartz G10s, I would say that this one is a particularly rare watch.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

Two years ago, I paid about $100 dollars for mine, just a few higher on the serial number....

I was going to have a stab at that, but it just went too far!!! ...another time, another watch!

Yes it did go a bit far but I have never seen a 1980 Navigator for sale before.
    Guess what, it was me that bought it!!
    From what I can work out it has one of the lowest serials and it is the missing watch from my CWC/Precista collection. There was another person whe was desperate for it and kept increasing his bids by the minute. I just popped in a big one at the end and hoped for £150 tops!!

The shame was the bloke selling did not know what he had and I asked him if he had a buy it now price in mind. He would have been happy with £85 and was going to change it to a buy it now. Then my opponent put in a bid last Sunday and so no buy it now could be done. I had to wait until today and for most of the week it stuck at £52.
    2 other issued navigators have sold in the past 2 days from 1994, one for £150 and the other for £128 so the prices are creeping up. Interestingly I have a navigator from 1994 and is the next serial to the watch sold yesterday.

At the end of the day, yes it was a bit much but at this end of the market you don't need a 2nd mortgage when you buy anything! The fun is in the chase and these watches are my daily wearers. It is not like it is a Breitling that loses £1000s when you walk out of the shop.
    If it arrives on Tuesday, I will have it to pieces and back together with a new glass in by tea time!
    On the wrist Wednesday!!
    At the end of the day, if I want to move it on Ebay will get me most of my money back!
    Peter

Master

I had my eye on it Peter.
    Congratulations. I'm sure it's gone to a good home.

Sent from my GT-S5830

Congratulations Peter, well done for staying in there. Sometimes you just have to jump over your shadow if you want a piece badly (I know, I´ve done it more times than I´d like to remember!)...I still need one for my collection though :D

Regards

Jimmy

Well, thanks chaps for your words of support.
    I hope that it is a good one and hopefully by tomorrow it will be here.
    When I have given it a rerfurb, I will post some piccys.

Peter

Master

I received my 1982 fat case Precista today.. I wonder who I was bidding against on that one.. :)

Ian,
    Is this the watch that you bought?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-British-a ... 56447dd097

If this is your watch, the same guy that you were bidding against wanted my CWC!! He must be really mad now to have lost 2!

If that is your watch, I looked at it but have got one of these already. It looks a good one but needs a bit of a clean up on the back. Did it work with the new battery in?

Cheers,

Peter

If this is your watch, the same guy that you were bidding against wanted my CWC!! He must be really mad now to have lost 2!
    That´s the way the cookie crumbles :mrgreen:
    I got mine by ...make me an offer...http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Happy hunting!

Jimmy

Anchor supplies over in Nottingham. Quite fancy a trip over there. I wish they posted a pic of the watch that they are selling rather than the generic photo. Have you seen the NIB watches they are selling at £200?!?

No....Where?

correction...I have now!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-CWC-G1...item2311b06f0b

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Anchor supplies over in Nottingham. Quite fancy a trip over there. I wish they posted a pic of the watch that they are selling rather than the generic photo. Have you seen the NIB watches they are selling at £200?!?
    Been there done it go the t-shirt and they are really really really nice :shock: I have got a 0552 put to one side.

I have a customer that used to work at the mod store in old Dolby and he said there was always g10's kept here as war stock. I got him to verify the box for me and he even told me about how the company on the box where employed to measure radiation and package them.

Need less to say I purchased one :D they only have a handful left so if it's your bag get in there fast an mention I sent you :wink: I might get a few extra pounds off then.

I have seen the batch all mint.

What had happened is anchor had these watches for a number of years and basically Nottingham was run by my friend Charlotte who has a genuine interest in mil watches the other stores they where just sales staff. Anchor have decided to move all watch sales to Nottingham and in the process they have found quite a Few gems in cupboards!

To cut the long story short they have had these watches in storage for the past 10 years and didn't know!

Watch arrived yesterday and I have stripped it down. Only disappointment is the lume is a little bit damaged on the minute hand. Everything else is excellent. Maybe had a bit of a shock in the post.
    Cleaned it all, inside and out, removing years of DNA. Fitted a new glass, retaining the original tension ring and so it looks as original as possible.
    My only worry is what to do with the hand as I like them to be perfect and I am concerned that more of the lume breaks away and falls into the workings- any ideas?

Peter

Master

Re: Re: CWC G10 Navigator goes for £210!!

Ian,
    Is this the watch that you bought?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-British-a ... 56447dd097

If that is your watch, I looked at it but have got one of these already. It looks a good one but needs a bit of a clean up on the back. Did it work with the new battery in?

Cheers,

Peter
    Hi Peter,
    Yes I have that watch.
    What size crystal allows you to use the original tension ring?
    The 316's I' ve tried, have thinner sides and so the original tension ring is a loose fit.

Sent from my GT-S5830

Hello Ian
    I use the Sternkreuz ATC 316.
    The satin tension ring is a loose fit when it is on my desk. However when it is inserted into the recess in the case everything is held very snuggly. I have done about 10 of these now and never had a problem.
    Originally, I bought some genuine glasses from Silvermans, these came with the satin ring installed. I could not get them into the cases at all and just ended up cracking them. I had been working on the fat boy watches from CWC and Precista, maybe the new cases are slightly wider and so the glasses were a little bigger.

Peter

Master

Re: Re: CWC G10 Navigator goes for £210!!

Hello Ian
    I use the Sternkreuz ATC 316.
    The satin tension ring is a loose fit when it is on my desk. However when it is inserted into the recess in the case everything is held very snuggly. I have done about 10 of these now and never had a problem.
    Originally, I bought some genuine glasses from Silvermans, these came with the satin ring installed. I could not get them into the cases at all and just ended up cracking them. I had been working on the fat boy watches from CWC and Precista, maybe the new cases are slightly wider and so the glasses were a little bigger.

Peter
    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I did wonder whether the early ones were a tad smaller. I've found that 315 crystals fit those.
    I use an old press made by Vigor and it has brass dies.
    Thanks again,
    Ian

Sent from my GT-S5830

Yay, got the lume problem sorted.
    Took a trip to my local watch mender and he had some old CWC non runners with good hands. He is going to swap over a complete set of hands for £15 - £20.
    Hopefully, job done!

Master

Took a trip to my local watch mender and he had some old CWC non runners with good hands. He is going to swap over a complete set of hands for £15 - £20.
    Hopefully, job done!
    Sometimes I end up re-luming my own but it's never as good as Luminova.

Master

Hopefully, job done!
    Hi Peter,
    I have fitted a Sternkreuz 316 ATC with the original satin chrome tension ring, to one of mt "fay boys" today and all went very well indeed. Sorry about the slight camera shake. This is a 1980 watch which had stress fractures in the original crystal.

That's really nice.
    Will the crystal fit all/any of the CWC G-10s?
    Er, where can I get the from?
    Thanks.

8)

Yes the glass mentioned fits all g10 models. They come from a shop called cousins. The trick is changing over the chrome ring that the glass come with to the satin ring of rhe original. I lever them out with a wooden ice lolly stick to avoid scratching the plastic.

Yes the glass mentioned fits all g10 models. They come from a shop called cousins. The trick is changing over the chrome ring that the glass come with to the satin ring of rhe original. I lever them out with a wooden ice lolly stick to avoid scratching the plastic.
    Thanks PeterT, very much appreciated.

8)