closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's the big FUSS

What's the big FUSS

I tried on similar watches from the 3 manufacturers listed in the recent Infamous SC thread [Malone £500k, Patek, Harry Winston]

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic...Patek#p1740176

Movements AND price aside and from physical exterior appearance I can't see what all the fuss is about. :) [I tried on majority of the models listed in New Bond St this weekend]

Discuss

Master

Re: What's the big FUSS

Could you be a bit more specific? Sounds intriguing, but I have no idea which thread you're referring to .. may just have missed it of course, SC threads do tend to disappear from view quickly these days!

Craftsman

It is infamous and to have missed it and the spin-off in WT then you may have been given Rohypnol over the last week or so !

Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy
    I can't see what all the fuss is about. :)
    That's because the photo's were taken in a smoke filled room, and massively out of focus.
    Those watches are out of my league - so I can't comment

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny
    just because a watch is out of my league does not mean i could not like or hate it...

I´d cut myself a foot off for that Harry Winston... :mrgreen:

Discuss
    No, I won't :?

I will make a statement tho' :wink:

It's all down to taste - as in likes and dislikes, not licking them :shock:
    Gray

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Discuss
    No, I won't :?

I will make a statement tho' :wink:

It's all down to taste - as in likes and dislikes, not licking them :shock:
    Surely at that price they'll be at least lick proof and hopefully water resistant too.

For WIW I don't enjoy any of them aesthetically (here he goes again) and doubt there'd have been any kurfuffle if you'd taken a couple of naughts off the price.

Master

I think the fuss is that for those with the means and/or passion they are 'technical' marvels.
    Almost by nature of them being what they are they aren't expected to be worn regularly, and aren't really a 'watch' as we know it. The owners probably have a few beaters for day to day use.
    The price is probably justified by the time and development required to create these - it's conceivable that the manufacturers don't actually make any money on them, and they're a loss leader to show how they can push the boundaries.

They exist because they do, and if you/I/we question the purpose/price then by default they're not for you/me/us.

FWIW the casing of the PP really appeals to me and I image the dial (and caseback?) are quality, but somehwta 'cluttered' :blackeye: - the other two have no asthetic appeal to me, and as I'm not in that market I can't be bothered to find out more about them. To quote the Dragons "I'm out" - the difference is they have the cash, whereas I don't.

All power to anyone that is in the market for something like this. I doff my cap.

Master

I had the opportunity a couple of years back to inspect and try on a Patek Philippe Sky Moon Celestial Grand Complication. If I had the spare cash that would be the one Patek I would buy.
    Again to each their own. There are nice and ugly pieces in every price range. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by geek0
    just because a watch is out of my league does not mean i could not like or hate it...

I´d cut myself a foot off for that Harry Winston... :mrgreen:
    Sorry Geek.
    I'll rephrase that to help clarify my "No Comment" comment.

I'd be better off talking about whether I'd like to travel to the Moon, Jupiter, or Mars.
    It's never going to happen.
    So no fuss - no hassle - no worries

Master

I'd be better off talking about whether I'd like to travel to the Moon, Jupiter, or Mars.
    It's never going to happen.
    So no fuss - no hassle - no worries
    :lol: In that case then perhaps we should have a Topic - "Which planet would you prefer to go to?" - with a sub Topic of "Which watch" - A Speedy Moon to Mars sounds like a good choice :wink: - have they done a Speedy Jupiter ? (perhaps a limited edition of 20 zillion - one for each yard to get to Jupiter - a strictly Limited Edition :)